Some Edits to Volume 1, Chapter 1

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

quethiril
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Some Edits to Volume 1, Chapter 1

Post by quethiril »

Hi everyone, I am obviously a newbie here, but after being excited about finding Spice and Wolf translations and reading most of chapter 1, I also became excited about the Wiki format and the fact that I could edit the text. So... this project got to be the unfortunate (?) recipient of my first bumbling attempt at Wiki-editing. :oops:

It started out as a modest attempt to massage some language into smoother English, but then I ran into sections that I could make no sense of, so I dug up my Japanese raws and actually retranslated a few sentences. But I forgot to uncheck the "minor edits" box, so that's what it says on the history page.

So, I deeply apologize if I broke any rules by (1) seeming to conceal big edits as minor edits or (2) editing for translation instead of just grammar/punctuation/syntax without any established record as a translator. I tried to find guidelines on both points but with no success. I hope at least that you'll find the edits meritorious. For reference, they are all in the last section, as set off by a horizontal line. Sorry again for anything unorthodox or disruptive.

I hope, if you'll still have me, that I can continue to contribute to this great project.

EDIT: Argh, I found the guidelines right after making this post. I'm supposed to open discussion for major changes first, right? So I did that . . . wasn't sure if I should undo my changes in the meantime (and whether a record of those changes will be preserved if I do so), so I left it be for the time being. Sorry again for all the bumbling inexperience. *sigh*
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Some Edits to Volume 1, Chapter 1

Post by Krikit »

lol, it's fine. I haven't read all of your post yet, or checked the edits, so give me some time for that, though I think it's fine.
judgment26
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by judgment26 »

quethiril wrote:Hi everyone, I am obviously a newbie here, but after being excited about finding Spice and Wolf translations and reading most of chapter 1, I also became excited about the Wiki format and the fact that I could edit the text. So... this project got to be the unfortunate (?) recipient of my first bumbling attempt at Wiki-editing. :oops:

It started out as a modest attempt to massage some language into smoother English, but then I ran into sections that I could make no sense of, so I dug up my Japanese raws and actually retranslated a few sentences. But I forgot to uncheck the "minor edits" box, so that's what it says on the history page.

So, I deeply apologize if I broke any rules by (1) seeming to conceal big edits as minor edits or (2) editing for translation instead of just grammar/punctuation/syntax without any established record as a translator. I tried to find guidelines on both points but with no success. I hope at least that you'll find the edits meritorious. For reference, they are all in the last section, as set off by a horizontal line. Sorry again for anything unorthodox or disruptive.

I hope, if you'll still have me, that I can continue to contribute to this great project.

EDIT: Argh, I found the guidelines right after making this post. I'm supposed to open discussion for major changes first, right? So I did that . . . wasn't sure if I should undo my changes in the meantime (and whether a record of those changes will be preserved if I do so), so I left it be for the time being. Sorry again for all the bumbling inexperience. *sigh*
Haha, no need to be so formal. If you see something that you feel you can make better, then by all means, do so! :)

Welcome to Baka-Tsuki, btw. Glad to have you with us.
barbsicle
Astral Realm

Post by barbsicle »

i see someone has descended upon my chapter 1.
well your assistance is gladly appreciated. don't worry. i don't mind my work being horribly defaced (from the original, which is a good thing).

so welcome, welcome. and enjoy your time at B-T!

Barbs

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”