Full text please

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

syaoran728
Astral Realm

Full text please

Post by syaoran728 »

Could someone please make full text versions of the Spice and Wolf novels. Thank you in advanced if you decided to do this.
salv87
Astral Realm

Re: Full text please

Post by salv87 »

ehm.. what do you mean full text versions ??
as in Zero no Tsukaima? when the whole volume is on 1 page?
syaoran728
Astral Realm

Post by syaoran728 »

Yes, something like that. It makes them much easier to read and archive when everything is in one place.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Assassin »

One thing that I'm worried with "full text versions" is that the particular one page will be too long to read through.

And generally, most people are not used to reading "a wall of text" when a whole volume is cramped into one whole page...

Maybe that's just me?
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

yeah.. I agree with assassin there.. It' be too hard to read a wall of text.. it's another story when you want to save it as 1 piece.
But I can say that a pdf version should be comming soon (when the chapters are edited) and I think that would be a lot better for saving. And there is this idea of an e-book, which Barbs is carrying out. If I remember correctly, it'll be out for a test just about the same time the pdf kick in.

well.. but if you can't wait for a pdf and really really need everything in 1 place, I guess I could make a 1 page full text version of volumes 1 and 3 which are completed on monday.
barbsicle
Astral Realm

Post by barbsicle »

i wouldn't mind doing it like ZnT. people still can read their text chapter by chapter but the full text version will link to another page.
but since it's the first request of its kind. perhaps we should wait until we get more demand for it? a full text on another page does take up quite a bit of space, and we wouldn't want to hog the wiki servers with that.

just slight consideration. but once again, i'm all for it.

and the final products should come in after editing. please look forward to them. especially the ebook. it will be my pride. muahaha.

Barbs
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

barbsicle wrote:a full text on another page does take up quite a bit of space
Err not really.

For volume 1 it would be:

==Novel Illustrations==
{{:Spice & Wolf:Volume1 Illustrations}}
<br><br>
{{:Spice & Wolf:Prologue}}
<br><br>
{{:Spice & Wolf:Chapter 01}}
<br><br>
{{:Spice & Wolf:Chapter 02}}
<br><br>
{{:Spice & Wolf:Chapter 03}}
<br><br>
{{:Spice & Wolf:Chapter 04}}
<br><br>
{{:Spice & Wolf:Chapter 05}}
<br><br>
{{:Spice & Wolf:Chapter 06}}
<br><br>
{{:Spice & Wolf:Volume1 Epilogue}}
<br><br>
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

lol....I was thinking the same way barbs is, that you had to CTRL+Copy all the text, then put it on the new page...but with Code, it just puts the connections on the page, saving a couple Kilobytes...lol
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

well.. full text versions of v1 and 3 are up, had to modify v1 a bit.
although I'm more of a PDF, e-book kind of guy, if Seag and Barbs understand what I mean :D
judgment26
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by judgment26 »

Speaking of which, whenever the e-books/pdfs are done, let me know. I'd like a copy.:P
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

lol, I'm not sure what's happening with Barbs, and I've been slow, I just need to go back and check on dialogue in Volume 1, then when I finish that, we'll get started on the pdf, and see about getting an eBook out :)

off to A-S which I haven't been to in forever O_o
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

I dnon't know if you heard or not, but V1 was completed, so it's now awaiting edits, after which the pdf and e-book can be done ^_^

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”