Volume 6

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

DissmalScientist
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Volume 6

Post by DissmalScientist »

I saw someone started translating this volume. Thanks!
I was wondering if the names introduced in the prologue might be romanized as Abe and Harold, rather than Ebb and Arold. I could be wrong, they just looked similar to English names. I found no answers on the English wiki page sadly.

I was also curious as to this passage. I know it is explaining what happened in volume 5, but I didn't really understand it.
Spoiler! :
Furthermore, when hearing Horo was here, Lawrence completely canceled the deal with Ebb. Actually Lawrence got off a dangerous deal equal to the suicidal action Ebb did. That is the act to completely oppose this town's church, was it because I thought I couldn't overlook anything.

But, currently the town of Renose was visited by a violent disorder even the church didn't expect, the church that was trying to gain influence in this town is now probably preoccupied controlling this commotion.Furthermore, Ebb is probably not the only one trying to descend the river with the fur to make profit. Just seeing the port makes it obvious.Things are not going the way the church planned and you also can't say this happened the way Ebb wanted it either. Rather Ebb and the others, if this continues, will leave things as they are, thinking that this situation played in favor of the other side for certain.Then, Ebb will carry the furs to his partner thinking that Lawrence won't be able to catch him.If that happens, then Ebb played a dangerous gamble and ended up as the winner.

If Lawrence tries to take part in the profit now, does he have the right to do so? Lawrence gets an answer immediately.

He raised the bet and got Horo for it.

If that's the case, then him getting something from the person supervising the gamble is an unreasonable thing.

Of course Horo is intelligent enough to have already noticed it a long time ago. On top of that, such things were already mentioned.

Moreover, Horo was angry at herself all this time. To say why that is so, it's because of Horo's selfishness.

And how was she selfish?

If you asked, the answer is simple.

And it's something very very pleasant to Lawrence.
Penny: You're driving a spork into your leg.
Dr. Horrible: So I am. Hilarious.
diesIupitri
Astral Realm

Re: Volume 6

Post by diesIupitri »

Originally it's エーブ and アロルド, I just used something similar but I wasn't really pleased with it either, especially the Ebb part however I didn't want wasting time with it. If you find anything better be my guest to change it. As for that passage. I haven't read vol 5 yet... and it's not stated in vol 6 why the town is the way it is and neither what's with the church and it's a bit vague about what happened with Ebb just that they wanted to trade furs and then it got messed up and Ebb ran for it. Same with Horo's part, all I know is that he said he liked her (I wanted to use love but I didn't just out of spite lol- it's the usual "suki" stuff anyway; not sure if that part is already up or I translated it today ...) and that at some point she wanted to end the journey and after that it got somewhat weird . I doubt there will be any further explanation in the following chapters ( as far as I can tell it's getting boat, going down the river while drinking and so on) so you'll have to wait for the vol.5 translation.
DissmalScientist
Mikuru's Master
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DissmalScientist »

Well, this post here seems to refer to the guy as Abe. But that might not be any more reliable than your best guess. It's not a huge deal, regardless, I'm sure there's someone in the community who'll know one way or another.

As far as vol 5 goes
Spoiler! :
The prologue of 6 makes it pretty clear that Lawrence confessed in vol 5 haha. Finally! And that Horo might be making such a big deal about pursuinge Ebb/Abe so that they'll have an excuse to keep traveling together even though they had agreed to part ways. I was just wondering if someone sold Horo out to the local church in 5 as well? I kind of got that idea from hints in the prologue of 6. But yeah, guess its just best to wait for vol 5 translation.
Thanks again dies.
Penny: You're driving a spork into your leg.
Dr. Horrible: So I am. Hilarious.
diesIupitri
Astral Realm

Post by diesIupitri »

Well as it seems that everything else is the same might as well change that to Abe. I'll just do it together with the next part. ~
Kurokami
Astral Realm

Post by Kurokami »

I am glad that u are helping to translate SaW diesIupitri, i can´t wait to know everything about it. I admire u guys for doing this time-consuming work. SO KEEP GOING I AM ROOTING FOR U

i am just wondering... why didnt u start with volume 5 instead of 6? volume 1 and 2 aren´t that important because u can watch the anime to see what happens, but after that wouldnt it be better to translate older volumes first?
diesIupitri
Astral Realm

Post by diesIupitri »

I wanted to take vol.5 first but it's a mess, some chapters are already taken even though there was no real progress I didn't want to deal with that. Nobody seemed to be interested in vol. 6 and as I'm not the fastest translator I can take my own pace and not be concerned with the progress of the others~
Kurokami
Astral Realm

Post by Kurokami »

in my opinion u arent the slowest either^^
u were pretty fast until now (faster than any other translate i think)
dragon84211
Astral Realm

Post by dragon84211 »

I'll fix up volume 5. I'm finally back. I gave up for quite awhile since translating with a dictionary took forever (I can understand the chinese language, but can't read) Thankfully I found a software called Clavis Sinica since I needed to translate something for my internship, so its 5000x easier to do translations now. Since I'm in China as well, this wouldn't be bad as a side project once again. :)
judgment26
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by judgment26 »

Good to have you back. I was wondering when there would be some activity again in the Vol. 5 department... :)

Since I recently finished Vol. 4, I've gone back and begun translating Vol. 2 with barbsicle, but once we're done, I'll come back and help out with Vol. 5. :wink:
dragon84211
Astral Realm

Post by dragon84211 »

Yea...Help would be nice :) I marked all the parts that I'm not sure about.

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”