Volume 5

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

dragon84211
Astral Realm

Volume 5

Post by dragon84211 »

Some of the basic questions made in the Volume 6 forum is now answered in the background description of the volume 5 translation. I'll try to finish up volume 5 as fast as possible so people will understand whats happening in Volume 6 :) That said, I must say I'm impressed with the long term translators that we have...its slow work. Thank god the story is interesting :)

If possible, it'll be nice if editors could clean up my translation and fix the places I'm not sure about. I'm try to fly through the translation, so the quality isn't as good as it can be :) Thank you in advance!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Volume 5

Post by Krikit »

I must say I'm impressed with the long term translators that we have...its slow work. Thank god the story is interesting :)
lol

As for going back to check translations, I can try to do this, though if you can maybe put points on the discussion page, it would make it easier for me to check what you're unsure about.
dragon84211
Astral Realm

Post by dragon84211 »

I've mostly added my questions directly into the translation at places with an exclamation mark (!) When I get the chance, I guess I'll move them to "discussions" :)
judgment26
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by judgment26 »

I would suggest putting up the Chinese text for the lines you're having trouble with as well. That would save us the trouble of having to search for the individual lines in the source text, and make it easier for us to help you.
dragon84211
Astral Realm

Post by dragon84211 »

I updated the discussion section. :)
judgment26
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by judgment26 »

I've posted some recommended translations in the discussion page, dragon. However, I noticed some discrepancies between our source texts when checking your text against the text in my book. Most of the differences were minor, but a few were major. I'll tell you what though, why don't you just continue to translate to the best of your ability, marking parts that you are unsure about like you have already been doing, and I'll go through and edit what you have when I'm done with volume 2.
dragon84211
Astral Realm

Post by dragon84211 »

Hmm. I'm not surprised. I'm working off of a Chinese fan based translation. Some meaning will have been lost in the translation there and I know I sometimes change the wording since I found it hard to translate the text word for word due to language differences. But I'll try my best though :)
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Can't wait for volume 5 to be completed. Spice and Wolf is so awesome.

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”