Someone willing to help out with LOT of time.

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

narshe_delvar
Astral Realm

Someone willing to help out with LOT of time.

Post by narshe_delvar »

Hello, world of Baka Suki! My name is narshe delvar, but you can call me Narshe, Dizzy, or Miko. =) I had been trying to get myself motivated by getting into things that I've been needing to for quite a while now, and I figured helping with work on Spice and Wold (since I love the setting, story, and characters) would be a good re-start.

I'm not good at translating, but I've been in need of learning to read and write Japanese for QUITE some time now, and figured this'd be a good chance. Albeit, if some of the books are from the Chinese derivatives, I'll be next to useless as a translator. =( But what I'm MAINLY here for, is to be a QC/Editor for all the writing. I've had experience before on an actual project before, so I know a few of the procedures. But that was years ago, so I may be out of it, tho my skills at proofreading are still very much there.

I couldn't really think of much else to do since the Ookami to Koushinryou board doesn't seem to be too active atm. >.< Which is understandable considering the time atm. I just wanna contribute to the community, while bettering myself in the process.

Please?? =3
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Someone willing to help out with LOT of time.

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

narshe_delvar wrote:Hello, world of Baka Suki! My name is narshe delvar, but you can call me Narshe, Dizzy, or Miko. =) I had been trying to get myself motivated by getting into things that I've been needing to for quite a while now, and I figured helping with work on Spice and Wold (since I love the setting, story, and characters) would be a good re-start.

I'm not good at translating, but I've been in need of learning to read and write Japanese for QUITE some time now, and figured this'd be a good chance. Albeit, if some of the books are from the Chinese derivatives, I'll be next to useless as a translator. =( But what I'm MAINLY here for, is to be a QC/Editor for all the writing. I've had experience before on an actual project before, so I know a few of the procedures. But that was years ago, so I may be out of it, tho my skills at proofreading are still very much there.

I couldn't really think of much else to do since the Ookami to Koushinryou board doesn't seem to be too active atm. >.< Which is understandable considering the time atm. I just wanna contribute to the community, while bettering myself in the process.

Please?? =3
The use of Chinese(yes, that includes me), are actually on the less preferred side... (YES!! I AM UNWANTED!!), as far as possible, we do try to keep to the Japanese text, but there is a severe lack of Japanese->English translators. So should you work on a project that is from a Chinese derivative, you can just throw stuff at the pitiful translator and he can do nothing but cry in a corner(Yes, that is what i do, i draw circles at dark corners...) So you are actually more wanted than anything else on B-T. S&W is relatively active, and it will probably get a speed up especially since the holidays is round the corner, the jolly mood will perk most up for a festival of giving(out translations). Should you need any help and clarification, do tell, we are free to help(WHEN we are free).
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

And shadow's never free because he's reading random light novels about boys and girls who take over the world!

lol I just happened to drop by from the toradora boards :)
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
ShadowZeroHeart

dragonst wrote:And shadow's never free because he's reading random light novels about boys and girls who take over the world!

lol I just happened to drop by from the toradora boards :)
GEE!! dragonst!! How can you say that about me!? I read more than that =X
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

Right! How could I ever forget the intranslatable chanting and bento boxes that you get yourself caught in o_O
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
ShadowZeroHeart

o-bento was quite cool... i enjoyed that... with plenty others... and damn, they are piling up, as i cant spare much time to read with exams coming and all...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
CheR.Ry
Astral Realm

Post by CheR.Ry »

Hi,

I am a beginner translator who is fluent in english and chinese ( writing / speaking )
Love light novels. Japanese language wise.... still learning and trying hard to understand.
I would like to contribute by translating in projects..

Could anyone help me out?

Email is
[email protected]
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

Well for starters you should decide on a series to translate (we have a lot of projects that lack translators). Just introduce yourself in that project's forum and start translating :D

Oh, and welcome to B-T, we hope you last longer than the previous 'new' translator o_O
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Or you could also start a new project if you like to translate other novels or series which we lack if you follow the Guildlines (and I am always willing to add new teaser projects, too. ;))
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
CheR.Ry
Astral Realm

Post by CheR.Ry »

Hi,

i would liketo translate Ookami to Koushinryou ( Spice and wolf)
from chinese to english. =)
However, no thread for translation..

haha
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Then register a chapter and start translating... :? there are still unregistered chapters...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ShadowZeroHeart

CheR.Ry wrote:Hi,

i would liketo translate Ookami to Koushinryou ( Spice and wolf)
from chinese to english. =)
However, no thread for translation..

haha
Translations are to be posted on the site itself, not on the forums...

If possible, do register yourself, so that credit can be given for your tremendous efforts towards the project.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
judgment26
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by judgment26 »

First of all, hello and welcome to Baka-Tsuki! It's always nice to see some new faces joining in the effort.

Narshe: As you've offered to be an editor, why not begin by smoothing out what's been done for Vol. 5 so far, particularly the second chapter. I haven't looked through it in detail, but I did notice quite a number of mistakes with grammar/tense usage the last time I checked. Especially because I'm probably going to end up taking up what the translators previously working on that volume didn't finish, it would be nice to have something clean to continue from. If you see something that you can't make sense out of though, just leave it, because from what I know, the translator who was working on chapter 2 was working from a pretty poor source. Anything else you can contribute in terms of editing is welcome as well, particularly to the first few volumes, which will be the first to be locked to editing with the official English releases.

CheR: Just pick a chapter, register, and begin. Any volume besides the second is fine (barbsicle and I have that one covered:P). If you have any questions about how to do something, just post them here and we'll get back to you. I'm assuming you already have a source for the Chinese text? If you don't, you can Google a site called Sky-fire.

Have fun, and your help is greatly appreciated. :)

As for myself, well, it's that time of year again (meaning midterms), so I've placed translations temporarily on hold, although I will be done with exams on Friday, and should be back to my regular pace shortly after that.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

First post in a long.....long.....long time.

Just wanted to say (for those who may remember my original calling at B-T) that I'm currently reading the japanese version of Volume 6 of Spice and Wolf. Well...I say reading, but more like plodding along frustrated with the still rather large gap in my Kanji reading skills, though I know over a thousand at the moment I'm sure..../sigh.

What this means is I'm getting closer and closer to translating this novel. Soon...so very soon I can taste it...

Go Go Judge, good luck on the exams, and thanks for the translations! (It's got to feel good to see your name plastered all over the registration pages, lol...
judgment26
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by judgment26 »

Krikit wrote:(It's got to feel good to see your name plastered all over the registration pages, lol...
It's also kinda lonely...I would rather there be more names on there, and not just names either, but people who are ACTUALLY working, bah! :x

Anyway, it's good to see you back, seag, and I saw your post over at BE. :)

Return to “Ookami to Koushinryou”