English translation for German words (F/Z)

Discuss all translation related problems here or just help your fellow comrade to improve their lingual skills

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

English translation for German words (F/Z)

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

So I was working on F/Z when I came across this line. It's supposed to be a curse or something:

"Intensive Einascherung"

I would appreciate greatly if any German-literate here can shed some light on this issue. :D
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Re: English translation for German words

Post by Vaelis »

Zyzzyva165 wrote:So I was working on F/Z when I came across this line. It's supposed to be a curse or something:

"Intensive Einascherung"

I would appreciate greatly if any German-literate here can shed some light on this issue. :D
It's Einäscherung.
And it means incineration/cremation/burning down/reducing to ashes.

In the Japanese raws there are kanjis above the text: 我が敵の火葬は苛烈なるべし -> cremation of my enemy as severe as possible
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

I see. I did notice the furigana, just that I don't believe that much that it is the proper translation for those German words. (The previous shape ist leben is different...)

thanks anyways.
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Contact darklor, he's the current designated german supervisor, he should be able to sort you out
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah, phew... talk of the devil... ;)

But Vaelis was right, (so I thought havent to say anything more... ;)): Intensive Einäscherung (ä is like ae) is what you get if you burn something down with hot fire and nothing but (little) ashes is left afterwards
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Lingua Franca Lexicon”