Learning Sections

Discuss all translation related problems here or just help your fellow comrade to improve their lingual skills

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

elkin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Learning Sections

Post by elkin »

Krikit wrote: キレた大河《たいが》は暴虐《ぼうぎゃく》の限りを尽くし、こんな借家などブチ壊《こわ》されるに違いない。
キレる is a slangy verb which means 'angry', 'furious' and the like.
ブチ is also slang, and is used to mean 'totally' or 'to the extreme'. It's usually followed by a destructive verb to give it emphasis, e.g. 壊る and 殺す.
なにを考えているかよくわからない表情で、北村はモノも言わずにバックオーライ……そのまま後退したのだ。大河をその背におぶったまま。ドブに落ちてドロドロで、メガネもひん曲がったナリのまま。
バックオーライ: possibly bad romanisation by the author-- back away VS back all-right. Former wins the logic test.
おぶった: never seen this verb before...

Translation:
Spoiler! :
"With an [unreadable/opaque] expression on his face, Kitamura backed away without a word... He retreated just like that. Taiga let him <carry her?> on his back as he wished. Because mud dripped from <him/her>, and <his/her> glasses were mangled out of shape."
What happened? And who's wearing glasses? Taiga?
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Kitamura wears glasses? ^^"
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

@elkin: Thanks so much for the help on the katakana. I didn't think it would be that hard...haha, but it has it's difficulties too. Thanks for the translation too, I'm going to mix a version of yours, Shadows and mine and hope I get the meaning right. As for who wears the glasses, that's Kitamura.

@Shadow: I wanted to say thank you as well, having a translation is useful for me to work off of and try to figure out how the sentence should be arranged in Japanese. Verbs verbs....

Haha, as for that verb you weren't sure what it meant, no matter how I rearranged it I couldn't get an accurate dictionary reading of it either... :mrgreen:

I'm at school now though, so the continuing will have to wait til after I get home.

Thanks tons guys and I'll be counting on you in the future to help clear me of my stupid questions if you want ^_^
ShadowZeroHeart

Krikit wrote:@elkin: Thanks so much for the help on the katakana. I didn't think it would be that hard...haha, but it has it's difficulties too. Thanks for the translation too, I'm going to mix a version of yours, Shadows and mine and hope I get the meaning right. As for who wears the glasses, that's Kitamura.

@Shadow: I wanted to say thank you as well, having a translation is useful for me to work off of and try to figure out how the sentence should be arranged in Japanese. Verbs verbs....

Haha, as for that verb you weren't sure what it meant, no matter how I rearranged it I couldn't get an accurate dictionary reading of it either... :mrgreen:

I'm at school now though, so the continuing will have to wait til after I get home.

Thanks tons guys and I'll be counting on you in the future to help clear me of my stupid questions if you want ^_^
For your studies, do not look too much at my translations... as the sentence structure was changed, since due to my poor english, it is tough to maintain sentence structure together with maintaining the meanings... it is just a mere suggestion of "how i would translate my chinese text in that area", so i would say you should refer to elkin's translations instead =X
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
elkin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by elkin »

You're welcome! Glad to be of some help :) I'm a bit of a newbie to Japanese myself- only started learning it last year.

Also, finally found that verb... It's 帯ぶ- to carry.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Okay, here comes another part I don't understand ^_^

ノーブラの乳を揺らしてクネクネ悶える泰子の脇もなんなくすり抜け、のし、のし、と大河は、並んで座った亜美と竜児のもとへと歩み寄る。

Her no-bra breasts were shaking back and forth as the worrying Yasuko removed from her side, noshi, noshi, and Taiga, lined up sitting Ami and Ryuuji to compromise.

Wow this is pretty vivid....O_o but I don't really get the whole context of it...Yasuko's womanly charms were shaking from her moving about in worry, while Ami and Ryuuji line up sitting on the floor ready to meet halfway...I really don't quite get it...

The previous sentence is Yasuko stuttering through some words ^_^
ShadowZeroHeart

Krikit wrote:Okay, here comes another part I don't understand ^_^

ノーブラの乳を揺らしてクネクネ悶える泰子の脇もなんなくすり抜け、のし、のし、と大河は、並んで座った亜美と竜児のもとへと歩み寄る。

Her no-bra breasts were shaking back and forth as the worrying Yasuko removed from her side, noshi, noshi, and Taiga, lined up sitting Ami and Ryuuji to compromise.

Wow this is pretty vivid....O_o but I don't really get the whole context of it...Yasuko's womanly charms were shaking from her moving about in worry, while Ami and Ryuuji line up sitting on the floor ready to meet halfway...I really don't quite get it...

The previous sentence is Yasuko stuttering through some words ^_^
Yasuko shakes her breasts that are not contained in any undergarments[or bra], unsure of what she is saying as she speaks hesitantly. Taiga quickly passes by Yasuko's side, and leisurely comes before Ami and Ryuuji who are sitted next to each other, making Ryuuji draw his breathe.

I think that is what my chinese text says, but it seems different from your Japanese text... so i cannot be sure...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
elkin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by elkin »

Krikit wrote: ノーブラの乳を揺らしてクネクネ悶える泰子の脇もなんなくすり抜け、のし、のし、と大河は、並んで座った亜美と竜児のもとへと歩み寄る。

.. Yeah, vivid. Don't really understand what's happening, but here's my best shot:

"Easily slipping past worried Yasuko's side, whose bra-less breasts jiggled to and fro- noshi, noshi*, Taiga compromised by settling [half-way between/next to] Ami and Ryuuji, who were sat in a line."

* noshi noshi... means stretch. Boing boing? ...forget I said anything.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

lol, what the heck was this sentence doing in the text....so embarrasing...if someone looks over my shoulder here while I translate br**** and 'boing boing', then I'm going to be looked at as H...../cry. maaaaaaaan.....*boing boing* ^_^
ShadowZeroHeart

Krikit wrote:lol, what the heck was this sentence doing in the text....so embarrasing...if someone looks over my shoulder here while I translate br**** and 'boing boing', then I'm going to be looked at as H...../cry. maaaaaaaan.....*boing boing* ^_^
Krikit, that is nothing much... i had SnS... that was insane, i had to think of the way to express it... it drove me mad! it took me 3 days to calm down after that translation...
Spoiler! :
Sorath smiles slightly, and without hesitation, he places his lips against the slightly opened lips of his sister before him. Just like they always did it, he pecks lightly on the palely peach red flower petal, moisturizing it before sticking his tongue in. He reaches towards her waist in a rough manner, hugging her tightly as if trying to become one with her.
The one you are doing now is NOTHING compared to what i had to translate >"< yucks
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

But yeah, I remember from the anime where that is that you're translating ^_^..................woosh, better be careful, or the thought police might come to arrest you for some brainwashing ^_^

sigh...I wish someone could take SnS from you so you could do KnS and Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu....:) wait, if someone took SnS, would you do NHnH?
ShadowZeroHeart

Krikit wrote:But yeah, I remember from the anime where that is that you're translating ^_^..................woosh, better be careful, or the thought police might come to arrest you for some brainwashing ^_^

sigh...I wish someone could take SnS from you so you could do KnS and Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu....:) wait, if someone took SnS, would you do NHnH?
I dont mind any translations as long as:
1) At most two projects
2) I own the text, soft or hard copy(i only have hard copy for most)
3)I am up to that standard...

So yes, i dont mind doing NHnH or Inukami or anything if either KnS or SnS is taken from me,
okay i add one more point

4) i can work at my own pace =X

So, yeah, i can work on NHnH, i mean, since there is demand?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

http://www.animea.net/forums/f71/shakug ... ndex3.html

There's a poster called "shibito" who has said that he has a group of friends that were going to work on this project. It might be worthwhile to PM them or something and see if they're still going to do this. If they are, once we introduce them to B-T, they can take over SnS, and you can take NHnH ^_^

uhmm...learning sections...let's learn about etiquite. When PM'ing someone, make sure to be polite!
ShadowZeroHeart

Krikit wrote:http://www.animea.net/forums/f71/shakug ... ndex3.html

There's a poster called "shibito" who has said that he has a group of friends that were going to work on this project. It might be worthwhile to PM them or something and see if they're still going to do this. If they are, once we introduce them to B-T, they can take over SnS, and you can take NHnH ^_^

uhmm...learning sections...let's learn about etiquite. When PM'ing someone, make sure to be polite!
Errrmmmm... u noticed the last post? ZingFreeLancer is the one who joined the forums recently, and yes he mentioned to me this page as well... but there is no news yet, so we cannot be sure of anything... and that last post did mention our B-T ^^"

And i do believe i am rather polite, am i not? >"<
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

I think you're quite nice ^)^

うんこ座りでしゃがみこんでインコちゃんの鳥かごを両手で抱え、その背中からはバチバチ閃《ひらめ》く青い火花にも似た殺気を放ちまくっているではないか。どーでもいい、と吐き捨てながら、大河はすでにキレまくっているのだ。

Anybody help me out here?

Something about Inko-chan pooping while sitting, and flikering blue lights, and yeah.....^_^?

In the Japanese version, it's the last paragraph before the page with the picture on it. like, the very last one. It's after Taiga says:

“Ah----ah----ah, you seem very relaxed. Hey, Parakeet! Hohoho!”

So for the Chinese version, try to find where Taiga talks, and mentions the bird for the first time in a while. The paragraph after that is where I'm stuck on ^_^

Thanks for any help!

EDIT:

While squatting she was holding the pooping Inko-chan in both hands, from the back a blue spark flashed violently, stopping the release of the bloodlust. Whatever it was, all the anger Taiga was about to spit out had disappeared.

That's the best I can figure out.

Return to “Lingua Franca Lexicon”