A way to prevent losing progress?

Discuss all translation related problems here or just help your fellow comrade to improve their lingual skills

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: A way to prevent losing progress?

Post by pudding321 »

Arcsol93 wrote:I have a question for future reference since it isn't on the site. When it comes to the muddied characters for Katakana are they the same as the Hiragana characters? Or is there more added?
Same.
LoveLive! and Book Girl Extras: http://schoolidoldiary.wordpress.com/
Arcsol93
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Arcsol93 »

Ok thanks! That makes things easier. Another question in terms of vocab. I see a few words like this on the list ある [存在] does the kanji in the bracket mean an alternative spelling? Or is it included with the hiragana as an entire word?
"It's true that the real world is a shitty game. It's both unreasonable...and illogical...But a happy end will never come to those who want to finish a difficult game with ease." -The World God Only Knows
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

Arcsol93 wrote:Ok thanks! That makes things easier. Another question in terms of vocab. I see a few words like this on the list ある [存在] does the kanji in the bracket mean an alternative spelling? Or is it included with the hiragana as an entire word?
No. I've never seen 存在 being read as ある. ある can mean 存在(presence) though.
Arcsol93

Post by Arcsol93 »

Yeah looking at it now I see what you mean. ある is down as "To be", so the kanji was an alternate word that has a close meaning. I'll be sure to keep an eye out now for words on the list that have words like those, thanks.
"It's true that the real world is a shitty game. It's both unreasonable...and illogical...But a happy end will never come to those who want to finish a difficult game with ease." -The World God Only Knows
Arcsol93

Post by Arcsol93 »

Question: When would the best time to try translating be? I have hiragana down and I'm almost through with Katakana. Getting pretty far into the vocab as well and starting on grammar. There were a few projects manga wise I want to do.
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando

Post by pudding321 »

Arcsol93 wrote:Question: When would the best time to try translating be? I have hiragana down and I'm almost through with Katakana. Getting pretty far into the vocab as well and starting on grammar. There were a few projects manga wise I want to do.
Well, try translating something that is already translated. Then compare your translations with theirs. When yours are better, it's time.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Arcsol93 wrote:Question: When would the best time to try translating be? I have hiragana down and I'm almost through with Katakana. Getting pretty far into the vocab as well and starting on grammar. There were a few projects manga wise I want to do.
Once you feel like you can break down on study progress, cause it's a time sink. Or you join a group like ours and translate a project with someone else, so that you don't end up with all the work.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare

Return to “Lingua Franca Lexicon”