How do you become a translator for this site?

Discuss all translation related problems here or just help your fellow comrade to improve their lingual skills

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

IronyCat
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

How do you become a translator for this site?

Post by IronyCat »

Since it's summer, I would really like to put my bilingual skills to use. I have used this site before and would like to help translate. But how?
chancs
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: How do you become a translator for this site?

Post by chancs »

IronyCat wrote:Since it's summer, I would really like to put my bilingual skills to use. I have used this site before and would like to help translate. But how?
Though they are still a draft version, they will soon be approved after some (if required) changes.

Check for Translator Conventions

Project Overview Page

Which project are you thinking to work on?

*These are not specifically for 'Alternate Languages' but as a General.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

To sum it up, just join an existing project or launch a new one.

You can esk moderators for more details, it you haven't understood the guidelines.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Lord Lucifer
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Lord Lucifer »

Basically, go onto the page of the project you want to work on, and scroll down to see if there is a "Project Manager" / "Supervisor" listed. If there is, send a message to them saying that you would like to help with the project, they will guide you from there.

If the project you want to help out on has neither of these listed, instead, message the Translators that are listed as "Active".

If Project Managers, Supervisors, and Active Translators are all missing. You can probably just hop on, just make sure to edit the Registration Page to list what chapter you're picking up.

If you want to start a brand new project, I think you just open a thread on Future Project Suggestions?
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by cloudii »

Lord Lucifer wrote:Basically, go onto the page of the project you want to work on, and scroll down to see if there is a "Project Manager" / "Supervisor" listed. If there is, send a message to them saying that you would like to help with the project, they will guide you from there.

If the project you want to help out on has neither of these listed, instead, message the Translators that are listed as "Active".

If Project Managers, Supervisors, and Active Translators are all missing. You can probably just hop on, just make sure to edit the Registration Page to list what chapter you're picking up.

If you want to start a brand new project, I think you just open a thread on Future Project Suggestions?
That's pretty much right. xD

This page also gives a brief summary to everything: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ng_Started
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)

Return to “Lingua Franca Lexicon”