B-T language sharing!

Discuss all translation related problems here or just help your fellow comrade to improve their lingual skills

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

B-T language sharing!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Since B-T is a translation site with an ever-lasting lack of translators, editors and stuff... And someone mentioned learning how they learnt some skills for editting and such from reading B-T forums... So how about compiling as much knowledge we have as possible? Then we can use this place as a reference when doing some work... So heres a start... Zyzzyva165 and me went through some testing and got hover-texts to work...

Hover-text is those words that appear in a small box when you scroll over a certain word/place

[[hidden text, until scrolled there|seen text]]
This creates a text(seen text) with hover-text (hidden text) together with a link that goes somewhere =X
Useful if you want to have a lot of comments or ideas regarding the word
Can change color of text by using...
<font colour="xxxx">text body </font>

Another method of making Hover-text, this time without creating a link would be...
{{H:title|hover text|text}}
Zyzzyva165 knows how to change the colors, but i am not sure for this method ^^"

Also, Vaelis uses photoshop to edit pictures... does that include typesetting as well? or is there some other way? =X Lets compile everything we can?

P.S. anyone knows how to get to a specific link using the codings above? then maybe we can just collate everything in a single translators' notes page.
And sorry, I am still stuck at my homework... Will make-up for what I did not do this week next week or during weekends... A study break next week =X will try to find time to translate as much as possible?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: B-T language sharing!

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Knowledge sharing? Well, let me share (I dare say) the greatest discovery of all!

During my quest for the codes for hover text, I discovered something:

The codes used for the B-T project page is the same as the one used in Wikipedia. Once you know this, you will know where to search for the answers.

The colour change that Shadow talked about, I discovered it by going to the edit section of one of its pages. The code is very simple. Example, brown colour: <span style="color:brown"> TEXT </span>

The hover text (tooltip) was trickier. I looked around in vain. Then I used the last resort.
ASK SOMEBODY!

I went to the Wikipedia:Help Desk to ask for it. In the end, one of the moderators pointed the way to do it (template:H:Title). I copied the template from Meta, added it to B-T...and voila! Hover text is initiated.

Here is the link to the Help Desk:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Help_desk

Although the first sentence says that

"This page is only for questions about USING Wikipedia."

they would not know that we are using it for B-T, right? So there you go.
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."

Return to “Lingua Franca Lexicon”