What can I do with Korean?

Discuss all translation related problems here or just help your fellow comrade to improve their lingual skills

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Lazyfulness
Astral Realm

What can I do with Korean?

Post by Lazyfulness »

It seems to me that you can rarely do anything with Korean in terms of anime, manga, light novels, and games...
Alot of the Manhwas in Korea seems to be... Shoujo, which I have no interest, while I don't know of any anime, light novels, or games that are specifically in Korean(or at least ones that look interesting)... And by games, I mean visual novel-ish ones.

So... any suggestions what to do with Korean? Other than using it as a base to learn Japanese?
I'm a native Korean that immigrated to USA in the middle of first grade... I can read, talk, and write in both Korean and English, but struggle with some complex words in Korean.
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: What can I do with Korean?

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

In terms of Visual Novels, you have access to some very delicate titles:
http://vndb.org/v/all?q=&ti=&sp=1&te=&ln=ko

There are some top-notch titles that have no English translation yet.
- Fate hollow/ataraxia
- Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no
- Kono Aozora ni Yakusoku o
- Moshimo Ashita ga Harenaraba
- Parfait ~Chocolat Second Brew~
- Yukiuta (Not quite top class, but I liked it. It's written by the author of Zero no Tsukaima)
Lazyfulness
Astral Realm

Re: What can I do with Korean?

Post by Lazyfulness »

Thanks, but I forgot to mention ALL my visual novels are played on a portable device...
Like kirakira for the ipod touch, true remembrance for the nintendo ds(via vnds,a homebrew application that allows ported novels to be played)
i don't know why i don't use the computer for visual novels.. But I really don't like using the computer for anything except simple browsing.

Return to “Lingua Franca Lexicon”