What can I do?

Discuss all translation related problems here or just help your fellow comrade to improve their lingual skills

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Creyslz
Astral Realm

What can I do?

Post by Creyslz »

I'm a native English speaker with no experience in foreign languages. However, I would still like to be able to help out with translations. What can I do?
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: What can I do?

Post by rpapo »

Creyslz wrote:I'm a native English speaker with no experience in foreign languages. However, I would still like to be able to help out with translations. What can I do?
Anybody is welcome to correct spelling errors and grammar in English, though you should be careful about anything that really changes the meaning of the text. If you think something is really awkward in English, and you want to reword it to make it easier to read for a native English speaker, you are welcome to try and rephrase things. However, and this is a big however, anything that actually changes the meaning of what is said should be bounced against the translator first. You can discover who translated a page through the wiki page history, and you can ask others about the proposed change through the talk page corresponding to the text in question. Alternatively, you can post a message on the translator's Talk page.

Also, it is to your advantage to create yourself a user-id for the wiki. That way, you get a Talk page too, and people can send you messages. It's rather nice to see a person's handle rather than their IP address associated with a page edit . . .

Return to “Lingua Franca Lexicon”