Pui Pui Manga Translation

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Light Novels and their shelves in Gamers, in Akihabara

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Oro?

I was under the impression that this PuiPui was the light novel series and not the manga. :P Maybe I should have downloaded those files before jumping to conclusions...

I like Oni's idea of hosting the text on the wiki, therefore still keeping it within the Baka-Tsuki premise. The images can then be put up on share sites and links posted in a Manga Series section in the forum. That is how I see things going at least.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

fiendmaw wrote:How about B-TM(Baka-Tsuki Manga),or Manga-Tsuki?
We should branch out imo,the purpose is the same,introduce japanese literature/manga to english-speaking individuals.
B-TM is not a bad idea... but we would need more manga translations to go before we consider a new title. As of now, there is no such need. Unless everyone starts wanting to translate all the novel mangas, like wolf and spice, tora dora etc etc...

Until such a time and need arises, there is no need for a new name... i mean, "a new manga translation group emerges for half a month and dies off!", not the best of headlines, dont you think?

P.S. Vaelis, gimme some time, i have tests this week
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

First, I'm not sure what you meant exactly TGM.....I'm doing the light novel translations, it's just that at the same time, Shadow0<3 is doing the manga translations.

(By the way Shadow, how many volumes do you have? I've seen 2 japanese manga volumes, and 9 light novels...or not have, how many are realeased in Chinese?)

So yeah, I'm also interested in another wiki for manga scripts or something....or the images, etc, along those lines. It seems a bit complicated though....because the manga has to be released each time new updates are made...not easy to do. Unless we find a way to specifically edit text bubbles on pictures uploaded to the wiki....again, we could just edit script like we do for the visual novels....but still...:)

Anyway, once there are more projects for Manga-Tsuki, or B-TM or something...(also pun, TM = Trademark :)), it seems really interesting.

EDIT: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... 1_Chapter1 This is what I have so far for the "Manga Script" for the Wiki. What I'd like to do is number it in terms of bubbles as well....that way, text could be uploaded here easier, and an editor could just go here, put it over the right bubbles, and then have a translator check, then viola, done :)
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:P.S. Vaelis, gimme some time, i have tests this week
No problem, I can only do it during the weekend.

But for chapter 2, it's ok to release what I sent you or not?
ShadowZeroHeart

Krikit wrote:(By the way Shadow, how many volumes do you have? I've seen 2 japanese manga volumes, and 9 light novels...or not have, how many are realeased in Chinese?)

So yeah, I'm also interested in another wiki for manga scripts or something....or the images, etc, along those lines. It seems a bit complicated though....because the manga has to be released each time new updates are made...not easy to do. Unless we find a way to specifically edit text bubbles on pictures uploaded to the wiki....again, we could just edit script like we do for the visual novels....but still...:)
1 Chinese manga volume and 1 Chinese light novel volume
Or at least thats all i can get my hands on so far...

It is very difficult if not impossible to edit manga scripts. For now, we are editting the image itself. Whereas if you want it to be in a wiki manner, where you can edit the scripts, you must somehow make the text appear exactly within the text bubble and does not exceed it. Font, text size and everything would come into play... That is next to impossible to do.
Scripts for visual novels are usually not easily editted either i believe. Manga releases are the same. You get to read it, but you don't get to change it. Of course, one way is to separate each box/section of the manga, instead of posting them by pages, but it is troublesome and tiring. Not worth it in my opinion.
Vaelis wrote:But for chapter 2, it's ok to release what I sent you or not?
Feel free to release it ~.~
Tests breathing down my neck is telling me to give green light for everything else first!
Haha! I am 80% sure that i failed my test today! lovely dont ya think?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Thank you so much for the releases!It's getting better and better(reading both the manga and the novels at the same time :D)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Just keep the name simple please, no need to start a new suffix or something.

:roll:

Anyway, i will be splitting this thread in light of the pui pui manga release details.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ShadowZeroHeart

Re: Pui Pui Manga Translation

ちちんぷいぷい

What is the translation for this?? It is some sort of chant that Jin must say to see how pleased he is with Sierra, this is the come about of the title Pui Pui as well... So I would like to get the proper translation for this? >"<
Help? Anyone?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

ChiChinPuiPui?
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Vael's got the pronunciation...I don't know if there is an english translation...think of Dokuro-chan, when she says that thing...what was it? puipuipuipu!! or something....wait, now I'm wondering if it does mean something, since dokuro says the same thing....O_o

If not, then it's just a chant, like druids chanting welsh or gaelic jibberish. (old irish kind of tongue)
ShadowZeroHeart

Pipirupirupiru pipirupi~ (With a musical note)
Any mistake in the chant and Sakura-kun will be revived in unbelievable forms, like merging with a television etc...
Dokuro-chan ended. Not the best of endings, not the worst either... All i can say is...

My condolensences Sakura-kun!!

Ending:
Spoiler! :
Dokuro, from a prestiged family, has to become the core of the angels' prediction system, never to see daylight again. However, it is actually an evil plot by bad angels. Sakura-kun overcomes the bad angels and saves Dokuro-chan, revealing the truth to the incident. The angels review upon this and decides to not KILL the people who may go beyond human boundaries and into the realm of God, and instead puts them under observation instead. So... Dokuro's mother, who was originally in the prediction system, is released!! And... According to Zakuro, she is... like... another Dokuro? =X

Sakura-kun gets dragged back home to meet Dokuro's mother at the end... Poor Sakura-kun!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

thx guys ^_^
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

lol....I have really got to pick up the pace if I want to keep our speed at around the same rate....sigh....O_o

So Shadow, it looks like your manga volume has finished Chapter 1. But I will say, from looking at the japanese manga, and the translation, it seems the translation is great, but I'm noticing some changes between it and the novels. The manga tends to skip over some things, change the order of some things, etc, but it's still fun to read. the sad part about this is it makes it a little more complicated to check my work :)

Anyway, 30/49 done.

19 more pages to go....O_o

Return to “PuiPui”