ぷいぷい PuiPui

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you want to see this novel series translated?

Yes.
90%
No.
No votes
I don't know...
10%

Total votes: 59

Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: ぷいぷい PuiPui

Post by Krikit »

Ahhh! The Ban Hammer!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoDbHiCs48Q

Fear the banning mod powers!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

krikit that video was sooooooooo bad,

even i'm considering banning you....

*takes a test swing of the ban axe*

...so close....oh so close....

post another depressingly boring youtube video again...I dare you!

:x :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avOiTUcD4Y

When you swing the hammer....is there anyway you could aim for the head? At least that way it would be faster..... :shock:

(PS seriously, you have to watch that)

EDIT: Consider it a....TGM tribute :)
Last edited by Krikit on Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

I know this is a double post...sorry...

But I did notice that what I posted on the discussion page was removed, that is, where I posted the numbers about how far along I am, and what has been uploaded.

I wanted to say I understand it. It could be easily edited by someone, and could become innacurate, etc, and the discussion page is for more important things.

So I moved it to a section on my main user page: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... :Seaghyn16

Where you can see my progress by visiting my UP. That way I can make sure it stays on track. sorry for putting it on the discussion pages. :)

Anyway, I'm off to find something for dinner. Hopefully not banned when I get back for above video which goes out to TGM, for all the right reasons :)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Krikit wrote:But I did notice that what I posted on the discussion page was removed, that is, where I posted the numbers about how far along I am, and what has been uploaded.

I wanted to say I understand it. It could be easily edited by someone, and could become innacurate, etc, and the discussion page is for more important things.

So I moved it to a section on my main user page: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... :Seaghyn16
I would look into it, but I'm not that adept at using the Wiki commands. :?

And I <3 the trunk monkey commercials. The anti-theft one is still the best. 8)
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

lol, glad you liked them, they're some of my fav's of all time too :). I liked the first one though, with the guy with road rage :)

As for what happened on the wiki....call it 2am and my stupidity...O_o

I was looking for it on the main page discussion page....when I had CLEARLY uploaded it to the Chapter 1 Discussion Page....what was wrong with me??? :)
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

I haven't been too fast, but we'll see what happens with the next few days.

Anyway, up to 48% now. And the most interesting part?

I finish the same part as Chapter 2 for the manga, haha...actually, I ended a little bit beyond the manga, but still. No page breaks in sight..../sigh.

Almost half way done with an entire chapter....wow, I feel kind of happy :)

50% more, and this baby can get moved to the wiki :)
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I'll check it out once the Chapter is complete. 8)
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

How can you withold from reading such tantalizing goodness!!!

(I guess I'll just get to sending the manga. If all goes well, (aka I find a box) they'll be sent out tomorrow).
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Okay, I've bought the manga, and actually....I'll send it tomorrow or Friday.

I'm going to take to day to translate, and use the pictures in the manga as like a...."building block" if you will, to make sure my translations are based properly. (correct speakers, imagery, etc :).)

But BtTC, I have the two manga volumes now, and when I send them, it will take around a week - 2 weeks, it will be all up to TGM to scan :).

Also, this is just me here....but, well....

700Yen for the books + 1,500 Yen for shipping. (This is the cheapest way. Beats Amazon, etc, but shipping does take 2 weeks...O_o)

Anyway, what I was wondering, is there anyway you'd be willing to pay $10 to my paypal account? I'm not loaded with money, and
$10 can go a long way :) and think of it as the cheapest way to get 2 good PuiPui books, cheaper than any other way possible. You're only paying with $10, pretty much the exact same price as the new books. (Book Off price: 700 total, new price: 960-ish) so....it's up to you. If not, that's okay and stuff, it's just that it would help me out :)

Either BtTC, or TGM, or split it two ways :)

If not...it's okay too. I'm doing this because I want to see the manga translated past what Shadow can do with one chinese volume, so yeah. But it would help me if at least some of the expenses I am paying could be lessened :)
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Lol, so I checked out PuiPui on the "Popular Pages" section, and PP! is now ranked at:

Lol, this is losing so far to Haruhi, Volume 7, Chapter 1, in Spanish, lol :)

A few more refreshes will take care of that :twisted:

So for the record though, out of total page views, PP! Is already ranked:

835 / 1423

So it's already doing kind of okay :)

Last Place is the Russian Version of Kara no Kyoukai, with 2 page views. (page was uploaded yesterday..) more accurate would be Russian version of GOTH, with only 5 page views, and the page was last modified in June :)

Woot! Go PP!

(Also, I'm up to 29/49 pages translated, with 24 of the 29 uploaded to the wiki. I'm going to release the next section when I hit around page 37-ish, and I'll finish with a long 12 page round up, to the end of chapter 1. Then it will be put on the Wiki!!! Can't wait!!! :))
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Krikit wrote:Lol, so I checked out PuiPui on the "Popular Pages" section, and PP! is now ranked at:

Lol, this is losing so far to Haruhi, Volume 7, Chapter 1, in Spanish, lol :)
Where is this popular pages section you mentioned? @@
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

A Google search found Special pages which lists all the page types.

Popular Pages is here.

Thanks for the tip Krikit.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

In the back seat of the convertible, wearing the elite Harusha's Private Academy Uniform, sat class 1-2's Zadou Sierra. Her long hair fluttered in the spring breeze as she sat upright, looking like a glass statue with her hands placed softly above her lap. She was the daughter of a prominent family.

The driver wore a black jacket and had a hat pulled low over the eyes. Next to Sierra, a middle school girl sat with a tense facial expression.
Is this the entire description to this part of the text? it is in the beginning...

And the question i wanna post is whether the phrasing is correct... "had a hat pulled low over the eyes"?
so are his eyes covered? or just above the eyes? Sorry, my english isnt that good...
"Si...Sierra-sama's car, it really does feel nice to ride in, doesn't it?"
Or "Si...Sierra-sama, is it really okay to ride in your car?"
Utada Yuuya, Jin's classmate, also sat nearby. His skin and hair were weak in color
Weak in color or faint in color?
"How can you say that with such a calm expression? Surely it's because they come from inside the books stacked around our room. Just joking, I've actually been hearing some rustling sounds at night as well. Don't you think it would be better if you went to the hospital?"
Just joking should not be used in the sentence, but maybe "I am not joking, I've been hearing..........." instead?
Their room had two beds, an old-fashioned desk, and mountains of books burying cardboard boxes; so many that there wasn't even enough room to put one's feet on the ground. Digging into the mountain of boxes and books, Jin searched for something.
My text says double-decker bed... What about yours? My text translates to something like...
"In their room, other than the double-decker bed and a study desk, every other area is occupied by old books and cardboard boxes. There isn't even any room to stand in. Jin steps across the cardboard boxes, and searches for something amidst the mountain of books."
Or ravages through the mountain of books?
"Geez......this room should be a place to relax."
Or "Geez...... This place is the only place to relax in this room."
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
In the back seat of the convertible, wearing the elite Harusha's Private Academy Uniform, sat class 1-2's Zadou Sierra. Her long hair fluttered in the spring breeze as she sat upright, looking like a glass statue with her hands placed softly above her lap. She was the daughter of a prominent family.

The driver wore a black jacket and had a hat pulled low over the eyes. Next to Sierra, a middle school girl sat with a tense facial expression.
Is this the entire description to this part of the text? it is in the beginning...

And the question i wanna post is whether the phrasing is correct... "had a hat pulled low over the eyes"?
so are his eyes covered? or just above the eyes? Sorry, my english isnt that good...
http://www.tradexinsurance.co.uk/_uploads/chauffeur.jpg This is the example of a hat pulled low over the eyes. As you can see, for a chauffeur, the hat is much lower on the eyeline, than say a cap or bowled hat, or top hat, etc. So that's what I went for....^_^
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
"Si...Sierra-sama's car, it really does feel nice to ride in, doesn't it?"
Or "Si...Sierra-sama, is it really okay to ride in your car?"
I checked the Text, and yours is better here. I'll be editing it in a bit. Thanks :)
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Utada Yuuya, Jin's classmate, also sat nearby. His skin and hair were weak in color
Weak in color or faint in color?
Faint works. The point I was trying to get at was that he has a pale complexion, and lighter hair. (The picture shows him with brown hair, while black is the norm for Japanese.)
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
"How can you say that with such a calm expression? Surely it's because they come from inside the books stacked around our room. Just joking, I've actually been hearing some rustling sounds at night as well. Don't you think it would be better if you went to the hospital?"
Just joking should not be used in the sentence, but maybe "I am not joking, I've been hearing..........." instead?
Hmm, I went back, and for me it's a bit cofusing. it would have been better if they had said "I'm not Joking." but it's like, 冗談 抜きで which is like Joke | extract/remove/omit. (I didn't get this the first time, but yeah, I'm seeing it means more like what you said :).) But for the sake of it, generally I think it will have the same point as what you wrote above, so I will change it. I at least know now he wasn't joking. thanks :)
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Their room had two beds, an old-fashioned desk, and mountains of books burying cardboard boxes; so many that there wasn't even enough room to put one's feet on the ground. Digging into the mountain of boxes and books, Jin searched for something.
My text says double-decker bed... What about yours? My text translates to something like...
"In their room, other than the double-decker bed and a study desk, every other area is occupied by old books and cardboard boxes. There isn't even any room to stand in. Jin steps across the cardboard boxes, and searches for something amidst the mountain of books."
Or ravages through the mountain of books?
Whoops :). I skipped that kanji. It's the same kanji for the end of stairs, meaning "elevated" kind of. 2 | elevated | bed. My bad, yeah, this means "Bunk Bed." At least I think that's okay...my brother and I used to share one for a long time, and that's the name I grew up with, is it the same out there? AHHH! I also just got this...they aren't saying "under the bed" they're saying on the lower-level bunk bed....lol, haha, I get that now too....O_o
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
"Geez......this room should be a place to relax."
Or "Geez...... This place is the only place to relax in this room."
[/quote]

"Geez......This is the only place to relax in this room." Yep, went back and looked at it again....your 100% right, Thank You SOOOO much Shadow for helping me :). I would have felt kinda bad if after it was put on B-T, there were this many mistakes...so I really appreciate this. Also, from other projects, we don't want our translations "too" professional, or else people won't but the real books, and companies might send letters :). (haha)

Okay, so I've got these, and I'll go in and fix them in a bit. I'm kind of tired at the moment though.

Again, thanks for helping me fix stuff, and I'm learning more. I never would have though "bunk-bed" for example, til you brought it up, etc. Thanks.

Return to “PuiPui”