ぷいぷい PuiPui

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you want to see this novel series translated?

Yes.
90%
No.
No votes
I don't know...
10%

Total votes: 59

Akirasav
Astral Realm

Re: ぷいぷい PuiPui

Post by Akirasav »

Will this be like a Hobit birthday, Krikit? Where the person whose birthday it is gives the gifts to the guests? :D

Also, whats the difference between a Project Administrator and a Project Supervisor? And does the PuiPui project need one?
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Krikit »

As for Shadow: Thanks for keeping me on track. I was getting too carried away with my skills, which are quite lame really :). So I'll hope that there will be a way for me to find a T-checker. (translator/editor).

Akira: Hobbit, two b's :). Yeah, it will be just like that. And on my birthday, when I have said I will finish Chapter 1....I will simply.....vanish. O_o As for project admins and supervisors, I have no idea.....according to the guidelines though, I just had to PM a couple people, and the guidelines gave their names. So that's what I did. So I don't really know, but in the end I don't think it will hinder too much :).
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Can't believe I didn't see this thread until now.3 t-up from my part.And good luck Krikit,show those kanjis what you're made of!
Akirasav wrote:Will this be like a Hobit birthday, Krikit? Where the person whose birthday it is gives the gifts to the guests? :D

Also, whats the difference between a Project Administrator and a Project Supervisor? And does the PuiPui project need one?
Actually we had a 'debate' over on the IRC channel on the PA's and PS's,and frankly,nothing changed,the way I see it.Too much bureaucracy here....
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

por shame fiend. To not notice this till now :(

anyway, I've edited the Synopsis to be the synopsis from the back of the first novel, translated as best I could.

Also, I've seen the edits the editors have done so far, and I'm exstatic, I love how it's turning out so far.

Also, let me know what you guys think. I'm wondering if I could add like a "synopsis" section on each novel section on the Main Page for PP, and how that would take off. Example:

Volume 1
*Color Illustrations
*Chapter 1
~~~
*Chapter 6
*Author's notes
*Synopsis
*Translators notes

My reason is this: we want these novels to be just like the style of there hard copy brothers, right? That's why we set up the sections like above? So why not have a synopsis there, which is the back cover of a book? Is that okay?
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

The reason we put the synopsis at the front instead of on the back of the cover like a novel, i believe is...
because on the hardcover novel, you read the synopsis to decide whether you want to buy the book and open the book to read...

Whereas in a webpage, you don't scroll all the way down to read the synopsis to decide whether you want to read the webpage... you read downwards...? =X
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

so what if I put it under the color illustrations then? It does sound a bit better there, because it can be skipped if need be, but it's there for someone who wants to read it, etc....actually, I like that idea a lot better :)
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Well, i guess that is fine...

but you are missing the point then ~.~

The synopsis in your project page is supposed to give a brief summary of the story to grab attention and interest... And Akira is suggesting to find an alternative to the wiki version...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Ah well. It's not too important yet. It will only come into play once I start on say Volume 2 or something...for now, with Volume 1, there's no need. Because the overall story synopsis is the back cover of the first volume :)

Anyway, I've updated the text to 16%, and this is what we have so far.

Sierra's story. ( a bit of Jin)

~break~

Jin's at the dormitory

~break~ (This is where I'm at now)

Sierra's story

~break~

Then without giving a spoiler away, part of this part is in the teaser. So I can copy paste, and wa-la, instant update :)
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

updated to 25% :)

1.5 more pages, and then + the teaser, for a grand total of 37% :)

but first, to go find a place to eat lunch at :)

EDIT2: But look at this, seriously....~20% in one day :) hahahaha, do I rule or what :). (thanks to the editors for pointing out my many accidents 8) )
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

Wow Krikit you're such a workhorse,thank you!!!!!! :wink:
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I'm seriously starting to lost my mind.......I've literally been working on this ALL DAY.

Well....that's a lie, it was like, 1 page, 2 episodes of the simpson's, repeat. xx pages :). Then there was dinner, and AMV's, etc.

But overall, my goal was to keep going. And without those breaks I would've gone nuts....and I might be losing it :)

But here we are, 1 day, 21 PERCENT!!! WHOOOOOOOOO

BEAT THAT!! :)

I really am a workhorse aren't I :)

I need a break....O_o

EDIT: PS Fiendmaw, I just realized come the day Toradora! is released to anime, it will be the same day that is your 1 year aniversary at B-T :)
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

Nice work Krikit. :mrgreen: (Just be careful about coming off as a braggart.)
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

I apologize... :cry:

I guess I'll just finish with this then.

The truth is I am happy with being able to translate something, even though I make mistakes. Often... :|

But Thanks to some People out there who have dedicated their time to helping me, this project has been able to come out better than I could have ever hoped, dreamed, or expected. (the last one is for you realists, who don't hope or dream :))

So Thank You:

Akira: For your help with editing, solving grammar issues, and keeping me humble :)

Shadow0Heart: For your help keeping what I translate, in line with what it really means, and for translating KnS, which I check for updates every day :)

Elkin: for helping me fix translations that I have questions on, and showing me how to learn from my mistakes.

Trabius: For helping me learn Japanese while helping me with my translation questions, as well as for translating TD!, which I also check for updates :)

Vaelis: For helping with naming conventions, and working with Shadow0<3 on the manga version, which I want to read :)

fiendmaw: for finally noticing this project

Oni: because he has the koolest name ever :) GTO Rules!

Jigglypuff: Without whom, life wouldn't be worth living. To all your hair-brained schemes! (for those who don't know, JP = TheGiftedMonkey)

and all the other people out there I can't remember, I apologize....O_o

So yeah.....and with that, I need to get to bed. If you check out the PP! discussion page, I've got it to where I'm showing you how much I have translated, and how much of that is on the wiki, so if there are no updates for a while, you can at least see my progress :)

Thanks everyone for not bashing this project right from the get-go :)

Also, the fact that it's not even on the sidebar, and STILL has 200+ page views to date....haha, I'm so happy :)
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Project Administrator = Administrator of Baka-Tsuki who is actively responsible for the project welfare

Project Supervisor = A member of Baka-Tsuki community who has assumed responsibility for the translation and general upkeep of the project

Its a two tie system, if you cannot get in touch with the supervisor, you can try the administrator.

sure, you can do this for any of the projects, but some are more interested to the administrators and are far more aware of the project progress then one who is not an admin of a project.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Akirasav wrote:Nice work Krikit. :mrgreen: (Just be careful about coming off as a braggart.)
I don't think him bragging is really that bad. He does do a lot on Baka-Tsuki and I'm honestly impressed. 8)
Krikit wrote:Jigglypuff: Without whom, life wouldn't be worth living. To all your hair-brained schemes! (for those who don't know, JP = TheGiftedMonkey)
I take it back... I take it all back... *reaches for the ban hammer*

Return to “PuiPui”