ぷいぷい PuiPui

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you want to see this novel series translated?

Yes.
90%
No.
No votes
I don't know...
10%

Total votes: 59

Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: ぷいぷい PuiPui

Post by Krikit »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Sorry, but what does Nekro mean?
Nekro is a word derived from a "Necromancer." It gained popularity in the game "Diablo II," but has been around for a long time. A Necromancer is mainly known for his arcane ability to raise the dead, humanoid or animal, to do his bidding.

Salv said you were a Nekro-Translator. This means you are a Necromancer for translations. You raise the dead "translations," so to speak.

^_^
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Beware the talking cat wrote:I'm the one who has to worry about shadow: he'll overtake me soon. Just like hoppyclogs did.
Whos hoppyclogs?
A member called JumpyShoes. He isn't on much anymore, if at all now. They came up with quite a few nicknames for him, due to him being the newbie at the time. :P Threads like this and this tell the tale pretty well. Please don't raise them from the dead (post in them) though. Let them stay buried.
salv87
Astral Realm

Post by salv87 »

yeap, Krikit explained it pretty well..
it was just my mistake, should have written "neCro-" not "K" ^_^

somehow this discussion is going offtopic..
btw, BtTC, how the translation going? have you started at least ?
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Krikit wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Sorry, but what does Nekro mean?
Nekro is a word derived from a "Necromancer." It gained popularity in the game "Diablo II," but has been around for a long time. A Necromancer is mainly known for his arcane ability to raise the dead, humanoid or animal, to do his bidding.

Salv said you were a Nekro-Translator. This means you are a Necromancer for translations. You raise the dead "translations," so to speak.

^_^
Oh, but there is one big difference you might wanna note.

Necromancers raise the dead to make them work for the necromancers... I on the other hand raise them up and yet i am their slave...

Oh, and I have heard of, and seen Jumpyshoes, though I cant recall exactly when and where LOLz! I guess I still am not too used to the individual nicknames yet.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

I've finished updating the main PuiPui! page to include the rest of the novels and the like. It looks like after Volume 1 it gets tough...the novels are around the same length, it's just they are 3 chapters instead of 5 chapters...that means probably that updates will slow down, but when they come out, there will be alot in them :).

Also, I was just wondering if someone wanted to maybe go through and upload the images? and then insert them in a gallery? we've got time, but it might be nice to start doing one volume's images or something a week...

anyway, 3.5 more pages and we'll all have an update. Going to be working hard, but expect the update out tomorrow because I might not be able to make it today.
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

Just finished editing your most recent update Krikit. Your translating skills are definitely improving. Keep up the good work.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

shoop. O_o

There we are folks, 48%...my gosh how does Dark work so well and fast O_o

more practice ^_^. But I'm glad to say I'm learning, and it's nice to see sentences in the book that I acutally practiced in class....it's amazing!! like linking phrases with ながら, which I recently learned shows that two actions are being done at the same time, or on the same interval. For example, eating and watching TV, or Having a part-time job and studying at school. Cool! Then I throw that in, and viola...better translations!! :)

I'll keep it up.

It's also nice to see:

177 / 1458

And I remember when it used to be in 1400th place...man, this has moved pretty well so far :)

It's also nice to see:

19 yes's to this novel :).....though the undecided's are understandable so far...they still are kind of depressing...

Anyway, revel in 48%!!! This is pretty much where Manga Chapter 4 left off. Sadly...Manga Chapter 5 is out already...DANG it goes fast...

Thank you BtTC for letting me catch up...geez your too far ahead...I feel kind of bad because no one can read what happens next in the novel first...it's already been read in the manga.../sigh....depressing...but let me say this...

From the last 2 pages of the manga, they skip around 20~ pages of dialogue in the novel. BIG Difference :).

Enjoy :)
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Okay, just a quick update. I'm at around 15 pages left til the update. I've gone through 6 already, and am hoping to do 2 pages tomorrow, to show that by the end of next week I can have an update out.

(it will go from the current 48% to 88%)

But I found something else out...

Chapter 5 from the manga goes until the first update from Chapter 3, another say...

This week:nothing
Next week: update to 88%
Week after next: done with Ch. 2
week after that: chapter 3 first part done, aligned with manga chapter 5.

So the last weekend in November will see the novel catch up with the manga. Whoo hoo!!

(How goes things BtTC?)

Also, if you read this far in my post, some good news...

WHAT THE MANGA DOESN'T COVER!!!
Spoiler! :
Well, not much of a spoiler, but I translated a part today the manga doesn't have that kind of helps hint at the fact Sierra might have been looking at Jin for quite some time...*hint hint* The manga also seems to convey similar things....
Well, enjoy the novel when I get these updates out :)
ShadowZeroHeart

LOLz seems like you are having fun translating, making progress, and getting better at it!

About your spoiler tag:
Spoiler! :
Yes, Sierra has been looking at Jin. However, it was not for the boy-girl-relationship reason at first. Somehow it got distorted somewhere and it became that she likes him. Her original reasoning is much better though...
Her original reasoning:
Spoiler! :
Jin is the only one who doesnt pay attention to Sierra like other guys. As she had revealed to Aika, she has had a worm placed in her shoe cabinet/locker. So she thinks that she is being hated/disliked for some reason she doesnt know, and would like to know the reason why she is being hated/disliked. And even that worm turns out to be a joke at the end of the volume. If you ask me, she has more reason to dislike/hate Jin than to love him...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Akirasav
Astral Realm

Post by Akirasav »

Onemanga.com now has PuiPui! Yay!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

lol I read the spoilers Shadow :)....

I was deciding whether to or not, but then reasoned it would help me translate by knowing some of the plot points..>.< bitter-sweet :)

Well, I don't know if I'm getting better by translating it...(i'm sure it doesn't hurt though) but I think it's more the fact that it's been another month of japanese lessons from when I started :)

I also realized...time flies much faster translating a novel, than it does waiting for an update >.<
Spoiler! :
Okay, so in the beginning of this novel, they make it seem (at least where I'm at) That Sierra's been looking at Jin...this makes us readers wonder just what Sierra's been thinking about in regards to Jin up until now...then we find out according to Shadow's spoiler that it seems Sierra was interested in Jin because of his lack of interest in her, and was more or less just curious. She thinks he put the worm in her locker I'm guessing, and probably started to kind of dislike him I guess...then as Shadow says, somewhere along the way, Sierra makes a U-turn and actually starts to like him?? Well...I'm just going to have to see how this turns out :)
Lol, Onemanga for the win :)

End of November though, and that's if I'm lucky..../sigh.
ShadowZeroHeart

Krikit wrote:lol I read the spoilers Shadow :)....

I was deciding whether to or not, but then reasoned it would help me translate by knowing some of the plot points..>.< bitter-sweet :)

Well, I don't know if I'm getting better by translating it...(i'm sure it doesn't hurt though) but I think it's more the fact that it's been another month of japanese lessons from when I started :)

I also realized...time flies much faster translating a novel, than it does waiting for an update >.<
Spoiler! :
Okay, so in the beginning of this novel, they make it seem (at least where I'm at) That Sierra's been looking at Jin...this makes us readers wonder just what Sierra's been thinking about in regards to Jin up until now...then we find out according to Shadow's spoiler that it seems Sierra was interested in Jin because of his lack of interest in her, and was more or less just curious. She thinks he put the worm in her locker I'm guessing, and probably started to kind of dislike him I guess...then as Shadow says, somewhere along the way, Sierra makes a U-turn and actually starts to like him?? Well...I'm just going to have to see how this turns out :)
Lol, Onemanga for the win :)

End of November though, and that's if I'm lucky..../sigh.
Spoiler! :
I am not sure if Sierra suspects that Jin placed that worm, but she suspects that someone dislikes her. And since he does not seem to idolize her, she just thought that she is being disliked or something. Well, one possible reason why she likes him, may be because he is her first true friend? Someone whom she does not have to put up a farce when she is with him. As we can all tell by now, Sierra is not as nice a person as she seems. So her case is similar to Ami in Tora Dora I guess, except that this Ami found someone she can reveal her true form at?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
jupiter_ringsid
Astral Realm

Post by jupiter_ringsid »

Krikit wrote:lol I read the spoilers Shadow :)....
You're getting better because of both, lessons help to learn Japanese, but without much practice you won't master it. (I wish, I have the time and money to take Japanese lessons T_T)
And, yay, it's the end of 2 hectic weeks. I'll have some free time to spend this weekend :D. I'll start by reading pui pui novel from where I left off, the end of chapter 3 part 1. And talking about chapter 3, the title should be "Letter from the desert" (砂漠からの手紙) not "Letter from the sandman" (砂漢からの手紙).
砂漢からの手紙 is the OCR result of SmartOCR, while 砂漠からの手紙 is what's truly written in the novel.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

lol Jupiter....I check the OCR, and I don't know how I missed that one O_o

But upon re-inspection, you're absolutely right. I'm going to go change it on the wiki if it hasn't been done yet. This weekend, it's looking like the only time I'll have to really translate is Sunday night O_o

But I'm still hoping to get the rest of the updated section done by next weekend.

So just a bit more patience my pretties ^_^

Anyway, I like where the novel is at now, and oh how I wish I could read well....I miss being able to fly through and immerse myself completely in Terry Brooks books, to where I would miss calls for dinner, forget about homework, and just keep reading...I miss those days....but it's only a matter of time ^_^
Beware the talking cat
Dot Mage

Post by Beware the talking cat »

I'm sorry everyone that I'm taking so long to translate.
I've had like no time; school has been homework and more homework(yesterday I literally did 15 hours of homework in addition to 2 hours of class. ughhh.)
I hope to get the next chapter released soon, but don't expect it will be out before the end of the month.
Administrator
Archnemesis of the name changing guy.

Return to “PuiPui”