PuriPuri!! (ぷりぷり!!)

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

PuriPuri!! (ぷりぷり!!)

Post by Krikit »

Okay, so I just found out that PuiPui! Has had a new novel released, called PuriPuri!!

PuiPui! has 11 volumes in the series, and it covers the first semester of Jin and Sierra's first year in high school together.

In Japan, that means these 11 volumes cover from April until the end of August. (First school term and summer break).

However, this month saw the release of the second section of the PuiPui! novels, but this time released under the title:

ぷりぷり!! (PuriPuri!!) This series will start from September, when the second school term starts.

So far, there are 12 Volumes and 3 Manga Volumes released for PuiPui!, but as of yet, no word on an anime adaption...though I think with all the junk out now, this would be a huge hit. (personal opinion though). ((also, the word "junk" is my opinion. Obviously I'm not talking about "Spice and Wolf" ^_^))
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Re: PuriPuri!! (ぷりぷり!!)

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Krikit wrote:Okay, so I just found out that PuiPui! Has had a new novel released, called PuriPuri!!

PuiPui! has 11 volumes in the series, and it covers the first semester of Jin and Sierra's first year in high school together.

In Japan, that means these 11 volumes cover from April until the end of August. (First school term and summer break).

However, this month saw the release of the second section of the PuiPui! novels, but this time released under the title:

ぷりぷり!! (PuriPuri!!) This series will start from September, when the second school term starts.

So far, there are 12 Volumes and 3 Manga Volumes released for PuiPui!, but as of yet, no word on an anime adaption...though I think with all the junk out now, this would be a huge hit. (personal opinion though). ((also, the word "junk" is my opinion. Obviously I'm not talking about "Spice and Wolf" ^_^))
Does it mean that PuiPui ended at volume 11? And PuriPuri continued on from there?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

That's how it seems. PuriPuri!! starts again at volume 1, and not 12, so I guess that yeah, that's how it is. But it's not like PuiPui! ended...it's just that...Part II began I guess is what you would say. The setting and everything is all the same, just that the "second half" begins.

This is really making me want to read volumes 10 and 11, about the summer expedition they go on...it must have been a huge arc for the series to split come the second term after summer break.
ShadowZeroHeart

Krikit wrote:That's how it seems. PuriPuri!! starts again at volume 1, and not 12, so I guess that yeah, that's how it is. But it's not like PuiPui! ended...it's just that...Part II began I guess is what you would say. The setting and everything is all the same, just that the "second half" begins.

This is really making me want to read volumes 10 and 11, about the summer expedition they go on...it must have been a huge arc for the series to split come the second term after summer break.
What i mean is, there wont be a PuiPui that goes on while having PuriPuri as well right? I mean that PuiPui wont have volume 13~15, and may lead to a different story from PuriPuri?

And they are by the same author right?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

ah, sorry for misunderstanding :).

Yeah, there will be no more PuiPui! novels (12, 13, etc) It's continuation is with PuriPuri!!

And yes, Natsu Midori is still doing the writing. It wouldn't be PuiPui! (or PuriPuri!!) Without Midori, :mrgreen:
ShadowZeroHeart

Krikit wrote:ah, sorry for misunderstanding :).

Yeah, there will be no more PuiPui! novels (12, 13, etc) It's continuation is with PuriPuri!!

And yes, Natsu Midori is still doing the writing. It wouldn't be PuiPui! (or PuriPuri!!) Without Midori, :mrgreen:
kinda wish there would be puipui or puripuri even without midori... i mean... i still want kaze no stigma...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

kinda wish there would be puipui or puripuri even without midori... i mean... i still want kaze no stigma...
I hear you...that's one of the biggest bummers i'll say...when an author doesn't have the time or life left to finish a really good series... :(

For both the fans, and the author, I'm sure...
ShadowZeroHeart

Krikit wrote:
I hear you...that's one of the biggest bummers i'll say...when an author doesn't have the time or life left to finish a really good series... :(

For both the fans, and the author, I'm sure...
Kena tempted to translate the novels, then see if i can try continuing the story of Kaze no Stigma...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “PuiPui”