Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes (Please give a reason)
95%
Not really (Please give a reason)
2%
No (Please give a reason)
2%

Total votes: 85

Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Post by Vaelis »

I've translated all the missing sentences in chapter 2 but it would indeed be a good idea to check them 8)

The most problematic part is the prologue.

Let's use the "Shadow-signal"!

*projects a large S emblem on the sky*
p0l3r
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by p0l3r »

Just joined to say thank you dragonst for translating this novel :mrgreen:
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

A dark shadow loams across the B-T universe, as the summoning was being carried out...

(Nope, these days no1 needs to go to school, or prepare for them, so he is very free these days *sacarsm* anyways, okay i will check both chapters out, gimme some time.)

The dark shadow hovers above the Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu Chapters, showing no sign of leaving the area anytime soon.

Edit: took a look at prologue, well, personally i would say i cant understand japanese, so i cant do a thing about it... BUT, i can try translating prologue from my chinese novel, if that is fine with you guys, gimme some time.

Edit2: Prologue done, but i am not good with the description for Haruka, or for people in general, also, there is a phrase/idiom inside, so you guys may wanna check up on that.

Edit3: should i look out only for missing parts? or change some parts as an editting according to my text as well? Mine is chinese text, so it will not be as accurate as comparing to the original japanese text, but there may be some slight mistakes in translation(barely any, but i did see some weird parts, for example, chapter one, someone feeling embarassed over calling himself irresponsible and insensitive? or should it be sad, as in chinese text?)

Another example:
Because in a classroom that looked orderly and neat on the surface, but was actually as orderly as the monkey enclosure in a zoo, only that particular spot had a soothing and comforting aura around it.

From chinese text, it would be, because in this messy classroom that would make even the monkey closure in a zoo look neat and orderly, that place is a mystical area that has a soothing and comforting atmosphere/aura around it.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Do everything you can :)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hmm, thougth Dragonst also translate from chinese (maybe he had again a crappy chinese tanslation like he had with Toradora vol 9 chap 2?)
Last edited by Darklor on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ShadowZeroHeart

Oh, so its a translation from Chinese as well? Okay, mines a more official chinese raw(by Kadokawa, in volume form) so i guess i can trust that a little bit more (but may have some missing parts etc due to company official translation?)

Will resume and do what i think i should then...

*The dark shadow sweeps across the Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu chapters slowly, darkening as it goes...*
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
dragonst
Project Translator

Post by dragonst »

I'm really sorry guys, I was pretty sure I was translating from the kadokawa chinese versions :oops:
彼らの任務は一つ。
友軍のために死ぬこと。
誰にも知られることなく、散っていく命がありました。
決して語られることのない戦いがありました。
明日さえも見えない絶望の中で、今日を生きる権利すら奪われた戦士たち。
守るべき祖国から捨てられ、戦争の大義も、勝利の栄光も、自らの名前さえも奪われた戦士たち。
そして、理想を追い求め、自らの手を血に染める戦士たち。
戦場という絶望の中で、彼らが見た希望とは何だったのでしょうか?
そして、彼らが守り抜いたものとは、何だったでしょうか?
死か、それとも解放か?
これは、歴史を変えた名もなき戦士たちの物語。

-戦場のヴァルキュリア3-
ShadowZeroHeart

dragonst wrote:I'm really sorry guys, I was pretty sure I was translating from the kadokawa chinese versions :oops:
No problem, your translations are very good if you ask me. Its not weird that your eyes skip a line or two especially with the masses of text that is coming. At the same time, a single line may have many different ways of translating them. Your translations are way better than mine, so no worries. And since now that i know we are using the same text(?), it puts me much more at ease to edit it a little more of my style, just a bit, if you dont mind.

P.S. damn, i wish i have your english standards... I could never bring out some of the translation and texts you translated... DAMN I AM JEALOUS!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
cyberdemon
Astral Realm

Post by cyberdemon »

I was reading chapter 2 and saw a bit of an error (or at least i think it's one) Haruka has brown hair, right? the anime and novel illustrations show it like that. In part of chapter 2 when it is describing Haruka it says that she has black hair. Just figured i'd put this down.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

It's probably right, just artistic interpatation with the illustrations. I think Haruhi is also described as having black hair. Maybe artists just use brown to represent black?
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

cyberdemon wrote:I was reading chapter 2 and saw a bit of an error (or at least i think it's one) Haruka has brown hair, right? the anime and novel illustrations show it like that. In part of chapter 2 when it is describing Haruka it says that she has black hair. Just figured i'd put this down.
In the Japanese raws of NHnH chapter 2 it's not "her sleek black hair" but "her silky long hair" (さらさらのロングヘア)
DuskL
Astral Realm

Post by DuskL »

This seems like an interesting Light Novel. ^.^ I'll be waiting for more of these chapters. However, the art seems a little weird ... well, maybe not weird but its a little different than the art I am used to. It seems more ... shoujo-ish. XD
ShadowZeroHeart

DuskL wrote:This seems like an interesting Light Novel. ^.^ I'll be waiting for more of these chapters. However, the art seems a little weird ... well, maybe not weird but its a little different than the art I am used to. It seems more ... shoujo-ish. XD
It is more of a shoujo story than most we would encounter, however the shounen elements that are mixed within are still there(like harem, maids, harem, cute girls, harem and harem). You can see the romantic atmosphere quite often, it is not action packed(except for a couple of maids, or a few encounters). You probably know what the ending is like, yet you have no idea when it will ever arrive? I have read 9 volumes of this, and seriously, there is still so much room for expansion i cant even tell where its headed next!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Is it me or does the premise of this story seem Lucky Star area? Not that i dont like it :mrgreen:
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
ShadowZeroHeart

Poke2201 wrote:Is it me or does the premise of this story seem Lucky Star area? Not that i dont like it :mrgreen:
Akihabara, Otaku clans... In some ways, they are in the same areas, however, entirely different. Konata and gang is more into 18x games, whereas Haruka is only going for cute figurines and characters+cosplays. One is against the law, the other isnt.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu”