Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes (Please give a reason)
95%
Not really (Please give a reason)
2%
No (Please give a reason)
2%

Total votes: 85

Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Post by Krikit »

So I went to the bookstore close to me, and went to the light novel section. (man I love japan, they know they need to separate these books for me...the best part? They are separated not by title, but by publisher. In otherwords, spice and Wolf, Nogizaka, and Toradora! are all on the same Bookcase! (but not the same shelf...))

Anyway, I was browsing through Nogizaka, and looking at the kanji, trying to gauge sentence structure...if there's one thing I know, it's that I only *know* 100 kanji now. (we learn about 6/day, 5 days/week, so around 30 kanji/week). This means that until like, April next year, I'm at a loss when it comes to reading most of the kanji. I'm going to need a .txt on my computer to put the kanji into my dictionary. But I will say the style looks much simpler. It's descriptions, words, and small actions. Not as tough as SnS, but I'd say around the same as Toradora!, but maybe a teeny tiny bit easier, but then again, I can't REALLY read it...so who knows ^_^. But if I got a .txt, I might try working on it. MIGHT. I need to get back to "The Fox of Chironuppu" right now ^_^.
h0tsei
Astral Realm

Post by h0tsei »

after seeing the anime, which is great, i wanted to read the novel!and btw your translation of haruhi is great!
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Sighz...
That sounds bad... lolz
I find that the novel is much purer and more innocent, and way better than the anime...
seeing so many supporters of the anime is giving me complicated feelings...
well, I guess we probably might chance our view on the anime, if, well some of us, where actually able to read the novels :D
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Either get some translators to get me off SnS, or get Krikit some R*ws and pray hard that he will translate it =X
Finding new translators work too ^^ make your choice LOLz!

Besides, i already did two minor translations... One is the part where Haruka does her fall in class that almost reveals that she is an Akiba fan, the other is in book 6 =X which i believe is not in the anime yet... but the way they change everything, i wonder if it will even be inside.

Edit: Oh yeah, you can try posting any part in the anime that you would like to see how it is like in the novel... I may or may not translate that part, depending on how big that portion is... for example, dont ask me to translate one whole volume or chapter maybe? And, i will tell you that i cannot translate that part if it is due to some other reasons such as... "It does not exist in the novel."

Just for comparison and to give rise to people's interests
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Some R*ws would be nice, though I'm going to try and find some people for SnS!

Wish me luck, cuz off I go
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

a slightly off-topic post for those in the know regarding the light novels of this title..
Spoiler! :
i just watched ep9 a few seconds ago (courtesy of m.3.3w.), and the preview for ep10 (to be aired 48h++ from this post's time) got me thinking.. has there ever been a scene in the novels wherein yuuto and shiina were caught in a very compromising position by haruka, that would push her headlong into depression?
really piqued my interests since there has been a reference to the climax of onegai teacher..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ShadowZeroHeart

shichinanatsu wrote:a slightly off-topic post for those in the know regarding the light novels of this title..
Spoiler! :
i just watched ep9 a few seconds ago (courtesy of m.3.3w.), and the preview for ep10 (to be aired 48h++ from this post's time) got me thinking.. has there ever been a scene in the novels wherein yuuto and shiina were caught in a very compromising position by haruka, that would push her headlong into depression?
really piqued my interests since there has been a reference to the climax of onegai teacher..
Spoiler! :
Yes, though it is no ones fault, but it happened in the novel. There is no actual swimming competition as in the anime, and what you are watching now, i believe, is how Shiina really got into the story. Though i am pretty sure you can see that Shiina is not a bad girl who would steal someone's boyfriend... hehehez... the rest is up to you to think...
zzz... sad, the chinese-sub group i support does not seem to be releasing more of the Haruka episodes through torrent...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

Spoiler! :
the only bad thing about shiina is probably her being used mainly for fanservice.. (well, mika has relatively caught up to that position)

though, yuuto and haruka aren't really together yet, that very event will probably be for the final ep. (if there won't be a full fanservice ep after the last)

i'm beginning to see it somehow, yuuto and haruka won't be able to attend the folk dance at the hakuhou festival, what with yuuto busy evading gentou's wrath, not to mention that of the whole student body. but there will be reconciliation, probably involving the last few scenes you see in the intro..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

ShadowZeroHeart

Spoiler! :
According to the novel... hehez you are partially right! but only partially... it is a simple love story after all, it must have some kind of good ending in every volume or so ^^ And no Shiina is not meant as some fan service girl... In the novel she is portrayed as Haruka's rival.

I have been waiting for the appearance of another girl though. Asakura Nobunaga's sister... She seems very interested if not in love with Yuuto. And the best part? She has been losing her way to find Yuuto all 6 volumes at least... she was mentioned a few times, but she always lost her way somewhere, so she never appeared so far... makes one wonder if she ever will haha
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

Spoiler! :
if there's gonna be a 2nd season, there might be a possibility of her appearing (not to mention the 3 transport maids), though the fanbase isn't so firm as, say ZnT, for us to hope..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

ShadowZeroHeart

Spoiler! :
LOLz u know about the transport maids as well? and there is a nurse maid out too! and of course, i would love to see the transports themselves... i mean, they travel half the globe in a day and stuff... and the best part? Mika can take that kind of plane to visit Haruka and Yuuto in their school during lunchbreak!
This should not count as a spoiler, so i am not keeping it inside =X
P.S. episode 8, Mika went with Yuuto on a date. This is not entirely correct if compared with the novel. They went on a date, in a way, but not for some date teaching lesson(if i recall) =X Of course, that is all i am going to say ^^
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

Spoiler! :
i don't really remember where i heard about transport trio.. i think one of my sources was wikipedia. but seriously, there's a nurse maid? not like anyone in the nogizaka household's trigger-happy (though i do see a probable need for her, back when gentou and akiho were still relatively young)..

a plane!? nanami can get mika to school far easier with a raging limo, even if the nogizaka estate has runways and all..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

ShadowZeroHeart

shichinanatsu wrote:
Spoiler! :
i don't really remember where i heard about transport trio.. i think one of my sources was wikipedia. but seriously, there's a nurse maid? not like anyone in the nogizaka household's trigger-happy (though i do see a probable need for her, back when gentou and akiho were still relatively young)..

a plane!? nanami can get mika to school far easier with a raging limo, even if the nogizaka estate has runways and all..
Spoiler! :
No, from what i know from the novel, they dont use limo... nanami doesnt drive... they drive jet planes... and it was hilarious how Yuuto spotted one of the transport trio in school with one jet plane to bring Mika there =X

I am not exactly what the nurse maid is supposed to do normally, but she was called when Yuuto fainted.

And this kind of funny and simple things are what i find hilarious and good in the story... I mean, its not much of a fan-service novel. There are some scenes... but those arent really what the focus is on... In volume 6, there is one part you see the ultimate blushing of Haruka =X
=X this was the other part i felt like translating compared to the OMEGA-KAWAII MAID APPEARANCE!! here goes...
And this is an instant translation, so i didnt check up some stuff, and some may be wrong translations, or literal translations
Spoiler! :
Wha...... Whaaaattt waaas thaat just now......!?

My originally closed eyes opens wide right at that moment of time, and looks at Haruka as if they are demonc sun-like eyes.

All i see is Haruka's face redder to a state beyond any i have seen before, and she uses the sleeve of the long sleeve kimono to cover her face up. So just now...... What happened just now is indeed......

"Ah, erm......"

"............ (Her face completely red)"

"Err------ How should I say this......"

"............ (Really very red)"

"Errr, that......"

"............ (Can a human be red to such an extent)"

I have no idea what i should say, and Haruka seems to have become a cooked Coonstripe/Sweet Shrimp.

After that kind of situation lasted for some time......

"............ Anyway, thanks."

Even though i am highly suspicious whether this reply is right, but lets just say this.

"Ah, huh......"

"...... Even though I am slightly shocked, but I am very happy."

"Ah......"

At first, Haruka whose face is still as red as princess strawberry blinks her eyes for some time......

And finally say:

"Ye...... Yes! Same...... Same for me too, please don't be courteous."

She nods her head towards me continuously, and answers a sentence that sounds a little strange in terms of Japanese.
^^ take it as a little gift for accompanying me on this thread?

And... lets leave to your imagination what they did ^^ hehez
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

since you've translated so much allready, why don't you just start from the beginning and translate all of it? : :D
ShadowZeroHeart

Noproblem wrote:since you've translated so much allready, why don't you just start from the beginning and translate all of it? : :D
YOU WANNA WORK ME TO DEATH??? OMG!!!
KnS, SnS... if NHnH too, what next? Magical Rental? Inukami? and what else? =X

I have uni and stuff, a little too packed already.
I am having some difficulties clearing my anime stockpile already...
I work like a workaholic for my homework during weekends. (and fortunately i can finish them in time for now)
With a test today, i may not even be able to do parts for KnS and SnS this week already...

Unless i can seriously find more time, i really cannot consider taking anymore jobs up...
Well, if more translators come by, i dont mind though =X

This is like 1337 times easier than SnS!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu”