Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes (Please give a reason)
95%
Not really (Please give a reason)
2%
No (Please give a reason)
2%

Total votes: 85

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

zzz... I blame you for my slow translations in my projects! (14pages of novel till chapter one of KnS book 2 is complete)

Haruka's silly actions
Spoiler! :
Haruka who is too caught up in running and did not see(completely did not notice) the situation below her feet, and steps right onto that piece of wiping cloth; this is becoming a standard scene.

"Huh......Huh......?"

With that, before everyone's eyes, Haruka flies out.

"Ah......Ahhh!"

She spins one round in the air, and forcefully lands on the corridor.

This is a complete chain of 3 distinct actions of running->slipping->falling forcefully.

"Ou......Ouch that hurts......"

Maybe because she hit the floor, Haruka is so painful she rubs her hips lightly, by her side lies the things that spread out from her bag. Sigh, once again she made a spectacular fall.

I wanted to walk over to lift Haruka up...... At this moment, i suddenly noticed that the surrounding stares seem very strange.

They seem as if they spotted something they should not see, their eyes are extremely like a female stewardess who witnessed a murder from a dark corner, and these eyes all gathered at Haruka.

At first, i thought that it is just a normal stare.

I naively thought that this is because "Nuit Étoile" fell down in a mess at the centre of the corridor, thus causing their attention.

However......

When i saw that magazine like thing beside Haruka, that lies opened like the devil's dictionary, in an instant, i understood the true meaning behind the stares. I understood it so much that there is no way to understand it any better.

This is what Haruka meant by "the thing i told you about earlier".[catalog]

Coincidentally, the page that is exposed, by some fate there lies a picture that has a posture just like Haruka, and seems to show a blue haired girl's picture who has fallen painfully and is rubbing her butt, and the words " "the muddleheaded girl siu-chan" embarrasing pose number three".

"......"

All the time all around came to a complete halt.

The atmosphere around the corridor now, is like a karate master who originally wanted to demonstrate "寸止"(a technique to stop an inch before hitting the target), but hits directly at his disciple's face kind of awkward.

"I...... I made a blunder again......"

Perhaps still unable to understand the situation, Haruka who is sitting on her butt at the corridor says this embarrassingly. But in a short moment, she realizes the abnormal silence around her.

"Ah, huh......What is wrong with you all?"

"......"

"Errm...... Why is everyone so quiet?"

Haruka looks at me puzzled, and i was at a loss for words at that moment, not knowing how to answer. Haruka once again carries a puzzled look to look around her. Even though her eyes match up against a few of the students that came to look at the commotion, but they all show an embarrassed expression, and shift their eyes away (but this cannot be blamed).

"?"

Above Haruka's head, several big question marks are floating, a expression that has completely no idea what is going on.

"Yuta, just what is this......"

She shifts her eyes towards me as if seeking for help.

"Huh......?"

Finally, as she is shifting her view, she notices the object that has fallen onto the floor and is trying its best to show its presence.

"Ah, why is the catalog for the "summer comifest"......Hmm? Huh?"

Haruka's expression became so bad she deserves pity. It is as pale as a student who fell unconscious due to anaemia during the long speech made by the principal in morning assembly.

"Huh? I should have placed it in the deepest part of my bag, how did......"

Maybe she is not mentally prepared to accept the current situation, so Haruka is only murmuring to herself in anxiousness, and did not stand up.

"Haruka, why dont you stand up first before talking?"

I help Haruka to adjust her blouses which is mssed up from the fall, then reach out my left hand, but Haruka looks a bit strange.

"Ah...... I...... I......"

"Haruka?"

Haruka's eyes look blankly around, her sight patrols across the corridor.

"No...... No...... Dont look at me with such eyes. I...... I......"

"Hey......hey, calm down......"

Haruka does not seem to have heard me, she uses her hands to hug her head and kept on shaking, as if trying to throw everyone's eyes out of her mind.

"I...... I......"

Following that, Tears begin to swell up in Haruka's big eyes......

"Wu......"

After that, she grabs the bag that is lying on the ground, i was unable to call out to stop her in time, she ran off at full speed.

"Ha......Haruka......"

At the scene only lies with the catalog opened with that embarrassing pose page exposed, and me. Argh, the stares from all around is piercing and hurting me......

"That...... does that really belong to Nogizaka?"

"No idea, but that thing did drop out from her bag."

"But how is it possible that "Nuit Étoile" has this kind of weird item......?"

I heard the people all around talking among themselves. Hmm------ This is bad. At this rate, Haruka's secret will definitely be exposed. Even if it is not that bad, "Nuit Étoile" having this catalog would spread, and would still cause a lot of problems. If things go to such a state, Haruka will definitely cry in sorrow. Frankly speaking...... I really do not want to see Haruka's crying cheeks again.

Lets do this!

At this point of time, this is the only trick to use.

"Ah! This cannot be!"

I point at the catalog on the floor, and purposely raise my voice to shout.

"This cannot be...... the catalog i have been searching for since i lost it three days ago? Yes, this is the one! So it was picked up by Nogizaka and kept under her care, what a great girl Nogizaka is!"

......what a bunch of monotonous speech as if trying to point out something purposely. It seems that i have no talent at acting afterall.

But, the people around me seem to believe my lousy acting skills.

"......That is right, Nogizaka would never have that kind of thing."

"Haruka Senior is so kind, to not throw away such a thing after picking it up, and find its owner."

"Isnt that guy Ayase from class one? he is Asakura's good friend, so to have that kind of thing is not strange at all."

"Oh~~ so Ayase has that kind of obsession too, his image is totally ruined."

"is that so? who cares, no one cares about him even if he dies right?"

"Nevermind, there is nothing left. lets go!"

Those watching the show sprouts nonsense(dont say so easily to not care even if others die), as they disperse.

......Phew, it seems they are all bluffed by me.
zzz... OUCH MY HAND HURTS!! this is almost all of the first part of the last chapter of the first volume... ouch... i am so not gonna translate the touching scene in this forum... darn! and it took me so long!! KnS! SnS! SO MUCH TO DO!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Ohhh, thanks, Shadow!
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

SHADOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /HUG

Hahahahahaha, I really liked it...really really really really really really really really really =)

haha, you're working on balancing life, free time, KnS, SnS, and then this "excerpt" from the novels....hahaha, I can't take it....you have got to be the busiest translator ever ^_^

/bow

So....there's no way you would be able to work on this as well....is there.....??? ^_^

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to whatever you work on =)
ShadowZeroHeart

Not sure why, but that only took me one hour...
Anyways now you guys can compare between the novel and the anime?
I work on whichever project no one does, since i am not that committed to use all my spare time, sacrifice my time for manga/anime/novel for translations...
So basically i am just starting projects for people to take up, or continuing whatever stalled projects i like...

This is a good novel, i dont mind working for it, but my uni starts next week, and KnS and SnS are really going to eat up whatever time i have left i believe, so this is like one of the last extras i can do, and even so, once school starts my speed of translating may drop to the bottom... So actually i have not really balanced my life, free time and everything yet ^^

I shall see what i can do, hope you guys like all these ^^ and may more people help out with translations

P.S. KnS book 2 chapter 1 complete, please send editors over and check out that discussion thread to help out a little maybe?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

kudos to Shadow for his efforts; so.. how much longer before all the baka here see haruka-sama on B-T??

also.. i don't know if it's just me, but the op to the anime is just plain suggestive.. just adds more weight to my suspicions that the anime will be highly fanservice-oriented..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
Minimoto
Astral Realm

Post by Minimoto »

Yes, I agree that the opening was very suggestive. But so far the anime has not shown much fanservice.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

that's probably because there's a limit to uncensorable (not sure about the proper word) fanservice.. *curses the absence of ppv cable tv channels straight from nihon koku, and bearing with NHK only every sunday*
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

ShadowZeroHeart

I am sorry to disappoint you guys... but what exactly are you guys looking out for?

In the novel, there are just some Cosplays, cute and funny happenings and such... is that what you are looking forward to? or?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Minimoto
Astral Realm

Post by Minimoto »

No I was just hoping it gets translated. If I wanted something perverted well there are many other things I could go for. I just want a good, funny, fun filled love story. (Just for the record, I don't actually look at perverted stuff, I'm too young... people should be at least 18 before looking at such things.)
ShadowZeroHeart

^^" Shakugan no Shana is killing me, if someone takes it off me, i wont mind taking this on in return, this is much... MUCH easier, judging from the extract i translated above...

Besides, in the end i still dun understand what fan services you are looking for... though i must emphasis once more that the novel is much nicer than the anime, which cuts a lot of things off
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Minimoto
Astral Realm

Post by Minimoto »

No one is looking for fanservice. We were just talking about it. lol
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

Maaaan....I almost want to say drop SnS ^_^, but that's because I don't know too much about the story-line etc....while Haruka has really peaked my interest ^_^
Minimoto
Astral Realm

Post by Minimoto »

It seems the group that is going to scan the manga is getting started. They have found a translator for it.
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

i personally want something to compare with the anime (i.e. if studio barcelona did justice to the original story).. i mean, i really got into SHnY after reading the novels and watching the anime..

but mini, isn't there only 1 volume of the manga, or do i stand corrected?
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

Minimoto
Astral Realm

Post by Minimoto »

Ummm.... maybe? Right now they're 12 chapters that I know of. I'm not quite sure....

Return to “Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu”