Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

General discussion related to this novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this Novel (series) Translated?

Yes (Please give a reason)
95%
Not really (Please give a reason)
2%
No (Please give a reason)
2%

Total votes: 85

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Krikit wrote:Maaaan....I almost want to say drop SnS ^_^, but that's because I don't know too much about the story-line etc....while Haruka has really peaked my interest ^_^
Personally, i would say Haruka is a better read in my opinion... SnS is not all that special... similarly for Haruhi in my opinion... i mean, they are not bad, but i do not see the factor that made them popular... SnS is special in a sense that a deep setting is created, with dozens of special terms and such, and the language used is of a higher level... Haruhi... well, i do not know why really ^^" it is good, but i dont really see why it can go to a world-wide level...

And as for Haruka, it is plain, simple, clear... The ideas and feelings are easy to see. The things that happen make sense in many ways, there is no specially made creations, or supernatural happenings(except for the superb abilities of some people maybe?). It is very enjoyable for me to read it.

P.S. my personal opinion only

Anyway, i will not(or should i say cannot) stop SnS for now. The people who seem to be looking forward to it seems to be relatively of a larger population, and i get the feeling something might not be good for me if i run off now LOLz!
Besides... i just (painfully) did the translation of one part in the SnS novel that totally fried my brains... so i guess i should continue on to not waste that sacrifice...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

if Shadow's the only translator who can do NHnH as of now, then i guess it'd probably take longer because he's also doing SnS (aside from living the normal life, no offense to him whatsoever)..

as for Haruhi's appeal.. well, imho its the depth of the story that counts. i mean, you don't usually see multi-leveled plot lines in mainstream anime (or manga, novels, and games for that matter..), which is probably why it captured such a select population - those who want to see a piece that can raise the current standards to a higher level.

so yeah, painful as it may sound to a haruhiist like me, Shadow's right in that SHnY probably won't go global, the way things are right now.. (delayed v10 and 2nd season..)

anyway, who's gonna call the shots on opening an anime thread for NHnH here? i mean, it doesn't seem like it already has a dedicated fan base armed with a forum (or maybe it's just me who feels that way.. ep5 now on mininova, though just a raw, just watched it)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

[070428] アメサラサ (amesarasa)
[090925] 夏ノ雨 (natsu no ame)
[120831] イモウトノカタチ (imouto no katachi)
ShadowZeroHeart

zzz......

watched up to episode 6... cant believe how much they changed the story... now it is just wacko comedy... losing more than half its charm... zzz... sux... really like the novel much much better...

they changed so much, maybe for more fan-base? but i think it totally ruined the story... sighz, wat a waste of a good story
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

it happens, man.. though i think it still has its merits, just watched ep7 a couple hours ago.. (m.3.3.w seems to be only decent team working on it left, looks like BakaWolf lost interest because of the series' quality..)

couldn't say the same for ZnT though, especially FnK and PnR, really got me roflmao, can't wait for ep8 already (probably 5 days from now)
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

ShadowZeroHeart

shichinanatsu wrote:couldn't say the same for ZnT though, especially FnK and PnR, really got me roflmao, can't wait for ep8 already (probably 5 days from now)
Sorry ^^" what is FnK and PnR?

Anyways this is pissing me off, the anime of haruka is making her look like an idiot!
Her horrendous drawings now became a cute picture
Hazuki who is emotionless had some kind of emotion
Yukari became... well, she didnt change much, except that her glorious past is cut off(if that is her that is).
Shiina meetings became weird, as tho she is a panty flasher
Nanami forgot her maid job and went shopping? what the...
Mika no longer goes to sch? doesnt make sense does it?
The transport maids did not appear, nor their transportation, which is an interesting part of the novel!
Haruka and Yuto are always together in school, but in case everyone forgot... Yuto is hated and despised upon, that is why there is no way Haruka can be beside him normally!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

that would be the 2nd (Futatsuki no Kishi) and 3rd (Princess no Rondo) seasons..

NHnH and Znt are, imho, good anime; the kind you don't have to use too much gray matter to enjoy.. but if you ask me if they're good adaptations of their light novels, well, i can't answer that yet - though i have the impression it's a cause of annoyance for the original fanbases.
Last edited by shichinanatsu on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

ShadowZeroHeart

Special appearance of the Omega-Kawaii Hazuki Sakurazaka! [Omega-kawaii being a pun from pani-poni]
(for those who do not know, Hazuki Sakurazaka is the silent maid beside Haruka)
Spoiler! :
As I [Yuuto] looked at this scene [winter comifest or something, book 6] for some time......

"......Hmm?"

I seem to have noticed a very special object.

Beside the metal door around thirty metres from our stand [they are helping out a society in the fest], there is a protruding round figure.

"That......"

Should be a hamster?

Cute round eyes with round ears. But that is not a normal hamster, but a hamster costume wearing glasses, and by the waist/hips there is an electric saw, and the words "Dash @ Hamtaro" are written at its chest area.

"......"

Wait a minute, that should be......

"......"

"......"

Our eyes met.

"......"

"............ (Blush)"

Err, why did the other party blush in embarassment/shyness all of a sudden?

As i am feeling slightly shocked at that hamster which is using its hands (and they are hands that carry the soft meatballs of an animal) to hold its cheeks, looking shy/embarassed......

"Ah~ Miss Hazuki [ or Hazuki-san], how can you stand there and stare into space!"

Such a sentence came into my ears.

"Even if you are disguised, you still cannot do that~ it is a basic rule of maids to move in secrecy~"

"------ (Nod nod)" [Alice]

Following that i saw the familiar girl with two ponytails, the smiling maid (in normal clothes) and a tiny maid (also in normal clothes) tatatata [sound of running] ran beside the hamster. She is holding onto the newest kind of video camera (consists of both Harddisk and DVD storage method).

"Okay, lets go~ Over here."

"There is an excellent shooting spot over there, if we go there we can observe closely~"

"------ (Nod)"

The three of them pulls the hamster's tail, and excitedly disappears within the crowd.

"......"

...... That is right.

Come to think of it, they saw us making a doujin upclose, the girl with two ponytails and gang (this time there is an additional someone) who has always been so curious that would even cause steam to explode, how is it possible that they will be quiet and not take any action?

"............"

After this, we will probably be forced to watch the video they tape now, and then be toyed with as much as they want...... Even though i became slightly moody, at the same time in my heart the question of whether Miss Hazuki actually likes puppet costumes very much pops up, but now i shall pretend that i saw nothing, and return back to my job of sales.
OMEGA KAWAII!!!!!!!!!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
shichinanatsu
Fish Miner

Post by shichinanatsu »

hmm.. i just watched ep8 yesterday, and based from the preview of ep9, i would think yuuto will still be set up as a hated and despised character..
Spoiler! :
that would be during the process of supervising for the cultural festival, as vice chair with shiina as boss
Spoiler! :
will haruka actually end up making doujinshi? i may be mistaken, but that's what i gathered from ur translation Shadow..
雨 (ame) trilogy 8)

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

i've watched up ep6 and i have to say its a pretty cliche series.

it's very predictable.

I guess if you're looking for something sweet, easy and nothing dramatic, i guess its a good series.

however, if i want to watch something mindless i rather go for something like slayer. At lease the music is better and main character is bat-crap mental and hilarious.

:)

dunno about the novel though, does the anime make it far more simplistic then it really is? i mean ZNT anime been doing that, so i can't really judge the novel based on the anime.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ShadowZeroHeart

shichinanatsu wrote:hmm.. i just watched ep8 yesterday, and based from the preview of ep9, i would think yuuto will still be set up as a hated and despised character..
Spoiler! :
that would be during the process of supervising for the cultural festival, as vice chair with shiina as boss
Spoiler! :
will haruka actually end up making doujinshi? i may be mistaken, but that's what i gathered from ur translation Shadow..
Spoiler! :
Shiina in the novel did not get to know the class by some swimming meet. She knows the class by volunteering for the cultural fest, and because of her lively personality.

Haruka had a try at doujinshi making... Unbelievably, her works are indeed the work of a genius! In the novel, her drawings are... rather... unique... Which her sister and Yuuto calls pictures of Demons etc. And in vol 6, Yuuto heard some comments, and came to the conclusion "What they see depends on who is the one looking at it". Some people says her work is great, and two people think of two different things at a picture and still think it is good! Talk about Genius-ness. As to whether she will end up making doujinshi in the future, no idea... They only sold 3/10 copies, with Yuuto taking one, meaning Haruka is left with 6.
onizuka-gto wrote:
Spoiler! :
i've watched up ep6 and i have to say its a pretty cliche series.

it's very predictable.

I guess if you're looking for something sweet, easy and nothing dramatic, i guess its a good series.

however, if i want to watch something mindless i rather go for something like slayer. At lease the music is better and main character is bat-crap mental and hilarious.

:)

dunno about the novel though, does the anime make it far more simplistic then it really is? i mean ZNT anime been doing that, so i can't really judge the novel based on the anime.[/
quote]

It is neither meant to be mindless or bat-crap mental. The novel is much more simple compared to the anime. The novel is of a simple, sweet and easy pace. No, Haruka is not such a Shana-fan that actually would do something like look at a mirror and mimic her like in the anime. Haruka is really a cute and innocent girl, lovable.Yes, there are several puns, and they appeared more often in vol 6, for example... "Amamiya Shiina no Himitsu 2" was said in the novel... As to where that pun come from... i guess you will know? More idioms and such appeared in the volume, and its fun. Looking at their interactions would probably make you think being in a relationship like that is not bad too.

It is not a mindless idiotic fanservice story. It is just a pure innocent romance story. Of course, things may change slightly from vol 6, since Shiina seems to have decided to fight for Yuuto (after a romantic act by him) and the ice queen has yet to make her appearance once more.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
fiendmaw
Astral Realm

Post by fiendmaw »

The anime is very nice.5 episodes in and I love it,even though the story is cliche.
Noproblem
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Noproblem »

yea im on episode 8 of the anime, and i find the anime quite good actually, although it's the usual cliche love story
ShadowZeroHeart

Sighz...
That sounds bad... lolz
I find that the novel is much purer and more innocent, and way better than the anime...
seeing so many supporters of the anime is giving me complicated feelings...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Hibari
Astral Realm

Post by Hibari »

Well there's a big possibility that if the novels would be translated it would really attract many fans to this site due to it's popularity as of now. But I would be a another hurdle for the active translators . :P
ShadowZeroHeart

Hibari wrote:Well there's a big possibility that if the novels would be translated it would really attract many fans to this site due to it's popularity as of now. But I would be a another hurdle for the active translators . :P
I thought about something similar, however, the big problem still lies there...
lack of translators...
For example... Translation of anime/manga novels...

D. Greyman
Bleach
Airantou
A.R.I.A
Jigoku Shoujo
and many more...

However, it is pointless dreaming so far ahead when no one can work on them...

Of course, we can try asking Krikit for Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu ^^
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu”