To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index)

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you like to see this novel translated? Please give a reason.

Yes
98%
No
1%
Maybe
1%

Total votes: 961

Chaos2Frozen
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index)

Post by Chaos2Frozen »

Teh_ping wrote:Actually, you have to read the entire series to know that the character is slowly but surely changing. It's subtle, but doesn't actually show unatil 26 volumes in...
Mah, you don't really have to wait that long- After the event of vol 16 I started getting the sense that he has changed slightly.

But yeah, it's a very subtle change that only upon looking back that you realized it's there.
carj
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by carj »

true thats why i said "get to know the characters more deeply" but you cant deny that you can see that change if you take it from where the anime left xD

also, and im not sure but, i dont think someone that reads from where the anime left can stand not reading the first volumes after just reading one since you notice how rich in details the novels are, i personally suffer until you guys finished from 1~6 lol i just had that "need" to read it
Chaos2Frozen
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Chaos2Frozen »

carj wrote:true thats why i said "get to know the characters more deeply" but you cant deny that you can see that change if you take it from where the anime left xD

also, and im not sure but, i dont think someone that reads from where the anime left can stand not reading the first volumes after just reading one since you notice how rich in details the novels are, i personally suffer until you guys finished from 1~6 lol i just had that "need" to read it

Really? Well, I started reading the Light Novels from vol 7 after the first season aired and I had no problem continuing from there- Never once felt like I needed to backtrack...

...That being said, there's a surprising amount of trivia that the Anime left out...
Shiroux
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shiroux »

just finish V1 and i agree that there a large amount of trivial that being left out. Also I can see thing more clearly even from different perspective. Although this take much time...

Edit: I seriously hope that the MC won't give those cliche line throughout the series. I have the urge to cut him down whenever one of those line come out.
Chaos2Frozen
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Chaos2Frozen »

Shiroux wrote:
Edit: I seriously hope that the MC won't give those cliche line throughout the series. I have the urge to cut him down whenever one of those line come out.
What cliche lines?
Shiroux
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shiroux »

most of the line he give out during battle before he got to punch his opponent.
Chaos2Frozen
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Chaos2Frozen »

Shiroux wrote:most of the line he give out during battle before he got to punch his opponent.
Got any example?
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

Chaos2Frozen wrote:
Shiroux wrote:most of the line he give out during battle before he got to punch his opponent.
Got any example?
...What are you doing on the internet at 5.30am in the morning...
Chaos2Frozen
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Chaos2Frozen »

Teh_ping wrote:
...What are you doing on the internet at 5.30am in the morning...
I have to leave for work at 0720, so naturally I need to be up 2 hours in advance to warm up my head... BOTH my 'heads' iykwim *wink*

...That, and I can't seem to sleep pass 0530 ever since Basic Training, same for weekends. And the problem compounded ever since Diablo 3 came out.
Catchfraze
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Catchfraze »

So I've finally got around to reading the translations, I stayed away because I found the fact it was in present tense half the time and past tense the other half jarring (not sure if it's a quirk of the author or a quirk of the translation process). Anyhow, up to volume 11. I've seen the anime so there aren't really any surprises, but it's nice getting more insight into character motivations with the increase of monologues and all.

Thanks for all the effort that's gone into translating this.

Now to the other thing I wanted to touch on...I find the lack of character deaths to be a slight annoyance. The cast is so large and it feels like it needs pruning....but especially one character in particular. I have no idea where the story is going as I haven't spoiled myself, no idea what happens in new testament and all that jazz...but I seriously hope that by the end of the books, Laura, the archbishop lady, gets her face punched in or killed. I think I'd be satisfied with her just having her face punched in. Hard.

In fact, if this has happened, please tell me. I don't need to know what book or why, I just want to know that it does in fact happen at some point.
DoomCalibur
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

I really want this series to contiue since the secret of the Imagine Breaker has yet to be revealed and Aleister plan.
d34thw1ng
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by d34thw1ng »

DoomCalibur wrote:I really want this series to contiue since the secret of the Imagine Breaker has yet to be revealed and Aleister plan.
well there is a prologue (?) of tome 5 just search for a bit . i remember i found it will be on sale around October (50% sure)
Spoiler! :
(...)
At the same time, Kamijou Touma has finally returned to Academy City. After his Anti-GREMLIN expedition caused by World War 3 in Russia, he has finally returned to his tender and peaceful everyday life with Index and Misaka Mikoto...or so Kamijou Touma optimistically hoped. With the appearance of an unexpected person, his hopes have vanished into thin air! Who is this ultimate rival that has appeared before him?
(...)
forsaken by god , humans are bound to the hands of the devil. reality is that god never exist , and when humans thinks they are forgotten they just abandon rationality
M.A.D
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by M.A.D »

Hey, should it be Fraulein, or Florenne? Sometimes the names come out a little weird...

Still, thanks for the translations!!
acolyte
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by acolyte »

M.A.D wrote:Hey, should it be Fraulein, or Florenne? Sometimes the names come out a little weird...

Still, thanks for the translations!!
What's more confusing for me is that Fraulein is like Miss also.. So I was wondering if that's part of her name or her title..
Spoiler! :
Btw, her 'ability' on Thor and Touma feels like Vento.. But Touma is affected..
M.A.D
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by M.A.D »

I found this German name Fräulein Kreutune. Seems legit :D

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”