Chrome Shelles Legios: Volumes 23 and 25

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

LadyJinx94
Astral Realm

Chrome Shelles Legios: Volumes 23 and 25

Post by LadyJinx94 »

I was wondering, are volumes 23 and 25 still being translated? It seems such a long time since the last update to the series, so you should understand why I'm asking. Thanks in advance!
Crippletime
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Chrome Shelles Legios: Volumes 23 and 25

Post by Crippletime »

I'm wondering this too. The project says that it's Idle but still has two active translators, but it's been 10 months since the last update. Are there any other sites that you know of that have volumes 23 & 25? BT can't be the ONLY site working on it.
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

There is no Chinese translations for these two volumes so we must wait.
Crippletime
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Crippletime »

Do the translators for BT have to wait for someone to translate it from Japanese to Chinese so that they can then translate it from Chinese to English? Are there not any Japanese to English TLs?
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Crippletime wrote:Do the translators for BT have to wait for someone to translate it from Japanese to Chinese so that they can then translate it from Chinese to English? Are there not any Japanese to English TLs?
There are translators around who translate from JP, but there are no "translators for BT", since BT isn't a "translation group" and is just a platform and community for people to post translations as they choose. In this case, the translator who translated many of the previous volumes (and likely the only one interested in translating those two volumes) translates from CH, not JP.
Crippletime
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Crippletime »

Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Crippletime
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Crippletime »

I just wondering, did that translator decide not to finish Chrome Shelled Regios, or are there just not any Chinese versions of it for him to TL to English? I'm just wondering if I should expect those last two volumes to never be translated. I'd be disappointed if that turns out to be the case, but I understand TL's have lives of their own and I'm still grateful that I'm able to read the Volumes that have been TL'ed so far. I'm also curious as to why Baka Tsuki has a rule against offering commissions for translators to work on certain light novels that fans want to be TL'ed.
zzhk
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by zzhk »

Official Chinese translations from Taiwan have reached Volume 24 (released mid-September last month), so Volume 23 is definitely available.

Of course, it is up to the project's translator(s) to decide when they have time to translate it.
Mercy
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: All of them. Literally. ALL. + Some others that arent even linked from Baka.
ALL HAIL THE TRANSNOVELUTION
Arifureta at the moment though

Post by Mercy »

I'm willing to have a go at translating them to ENG if I can get my hands on the text. I'm a native english speaker with only have a little translating experience (and even that's mostly Korean), but I wouldn't mind giving them a go. I cant promise they would be as perfect, but it'll at least make sense, and fill the small gaping spaces left at the moment. This applies to both volumes 23 and 25, and to both translating from the Chinese, if I have to, and more preferably directly from Japanese, if anyone has the text is some way to give to me.

On another note, where are the Chinese translations at? are they official translations, or fan tls? Since they aren't on or linked to from the site, I cant really start translating them no matter how much I want to, and theres no way for me to get my hands on any actual books, at least any time in the foreseeable future. And I've followed up on allot of links looking for this, from what I've seen everyone say they were bing done on http://book.sfacg.com/ and theres been a half a dozen specific link i've followed to there to the CSR page, but it always sends me to the link I gave, and none of the searching I've tried to do there can find me CSR.

Mail me at [email protected] if anyone can find me those JP or CH texts and wants me to get onto translating. Or, even if you don't want me to. Do me a favour? <3
Even if its just for myself, I want to translate them, and I can start as early as the 11th of November.
*begs the people*
Please?
(ON HOLD: >Learning C# >semi-decent 3D Modelling >Learning Game Dev (Unity))
~Kawaii
on da Streets, Senpai in da Sheets~

Live Life in GREY
Smart enough to know im not. Kind though i've been through allot.
Cruelest when I show Mercy. The pain of loneliness best suits me

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”