To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index)

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you like to see this novel translated? Please give a reason.

Yes
98%
No
1%
Maybe
1%

Total votes: 961

iza_river
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index)

Post by iza_river »

I like to read Light Novels but I use my kindle to do so, that's why i love BT-GEN, but It seems Road to Endyom is not uploaded in the site evethough it's transtalation has been finshed many weeks ago, is there someone I cant contact to request it to be updated to ln.m-chan.org? help please!!!!
Izaya
shido
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

iza_river wrote:I like to read Light Novels but I use my kindle to do so, that's why i love BT-GEN, but It seems Road to Endyom is not uploaded in the site evethough it's transtalation has been finshed many weeks ago, is there someone I cant contact to request it to be updated to ln.m-chan.org? help please!!!!
I don't know who does the site but I am currently working on the epub release of NT7. Once that's done I'm going to do Road to Endyom next.
iza_river
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by iza_river »

Thank you Shidou-san, I will wait for both files once they're done... Thanks a lot again!!!
Izaya
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

Available now in the To Aru Majutsu no Index - PDF/MOBI/EPUB Main + SS + NT1 topic both NT 7 and Road to Endymion. Check pages 10 and 11 since they are not on the first page.
octapusxft
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by octapusxft »

This novel series somehow manages to overall be more amazing than any other LN which I read. I hope it goes on forever
Always wondering why do translators go AWOL?
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

octapusxft wrote:This novel series somehow manages to overall be more amazing than any other LN which I read. I hope it goes on forever
If it goes on forever, then it probably won't end well or deteriorate over time.
DoomCalibur
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by DoomCalibur »

Appreciate a lot to Js06!!!!
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

I did an epub and mobi version of NT8 which you can find it on the carj thread where the other files are:

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=4276&start=150
octapusxft
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by octapusxft »

Is it just me or did the autor wrote NT8 relatively faster than usual?
Always wondering why do translators go AWOL?
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

octapusxft wrote:Is it just me or did the autor wrote NT8 relatively faster than usual?
I think he has more things happening and
Spoiler! :
being that there is going to be a part two of this arc might give us a more complete story
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Time to see if anyone with access to the original reads this thread...

There was an anonymous edit to volume 18 chapter 5 that changed the Italian in Agnese's Lotus Wand incantation. It appears to me that the edits are made so that the Italian more closely matches the English (via an English -> Italian translation). However, I expect this is divergent from the original. I expect that, in the original, the Italian is given with one of the sets of phonetic characters, whereas the English comes from the translation of kanji. So, the Italian and English shouldn't necessarily match in an English -> Italian translation.

https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... did=287278

Can anyone clarify what matches the original? I'll probably undo it eventually if I get no reply.
shido
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by shido »

Cthaeh wrote:Time to see if anyone with access to the original reads this thread...

There was an anonymous edit to volume 18 chapter 5 that changed the Italian in Agnese's Lotus Wand incantation. It appears to me that the edits are made so that the Italian more closely matches the English (via an English -> Italian translation). However, I expect this is divergent from the original. I expect that, in the original, the Italian is given with one of the sets of phonetic characters, whereas the English comes from the translation of kanji. So, the Italian and English shouldn't necessarily match in an English -> Italian translation.

Can anyone clarify what matches the original? I'll probably undo it eventually if I get no reply.
Best to ask Js06 that type of question on his wiki talk page since he does all of the translations.
ultranova17
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ultranova17 »

Cthaeh wrote:Time to see if anyone with access to the original reads this thread...

It was written out in the Japanese version like so:

「|万物照応《Tutto il paragone》。|五大の素の第五《Il quinto dei cinque elementi》。|平和と秩序の象徴『司教杖』を展開《Ordina la canna che mostra pace ed ordine》」

「偶|像の《Prima》一。|神の子と十字架の法則に従い《Segua la di Dio ed una croce》、|異なる物と異なる者を接続せよ《Due cose diverse sono connesse》」
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Thanks ultranova. Looking more closely at the edit history, I can see that it was changed from that wording in js06's original post, even before this most recent anon edit. That also means I propagated those earlier changes in v18 to two other volumes in my consistency editing.

One thing I notice by comparing the histories of all three occurrences is that this chapter appears to be missing "legge" in "Segua la legge di Dio". Both ultranova's post and js06's version in the history of the v18c5 have that word missing, so I believe that's what the original has for this chapter. However, those who added it to the other two places (v7c4 and v11c5) included that extra word, and otherwise matched the above posted version. So I'm assuming that's a typo of omission in the original for v18c5, but was actually included in original for v7 and v11. Unless you say my assumptions are wrong, or update before me, I'll update the three occurrences to match, including the missing "legge" (for consistency, with the logic that it's correcting a typo), within a day or so.
ultranova17
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ultranova17 »

Cthaeh wrote:Thanks ultranova. Looking more closely at the edit history, I can see that it was changed from that wording in js06's original post, even before this most recent anon edit. That also means I propagated those earlier changes in v18 to two other volumes in my consistency editing.

One thing I notice by comparing the histories of all three occurrences is that this chapter appears to be missing "legge" in "Segua la legge di Dio". Both ultranova's post and js06's version in the history of the v18c5 have that word missing, so I believe that's what the original has for this chapter. However, those who added it to the other two places (v7c4 and v11c5) included that extra word, and otherwise matched the above posted version. So I'm assuming that's a typo of omission in the original for v18c5, but was actually included in original for v7 and v11. Unless you say my assumptions are wrong, or update before me, I'll update the three occurrences to match, including the missing "legge" (for consistency, with the logic that it's correcting a typo), within a day or so.
Yup, looks like "legge" was included in both 7 and 11, but was omitted in 18.

v7:
「|偶像の一《Prima.》。|神の子と十字架の法則に従い《Segua la legge di Dio ed una croce.》、|異なる物と異なる者を接続せよ《Due cose diverse sono connesse.》」

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”