To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index)

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Would you like to see this novel translated? Please give a reason.

Yes
98%
No
1%
Maybe
1%

Total votes: 961

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: To Aru Majutsu no Index (A Certain Magical Index)

Post by Darklor »

This is uh a teaser project? I wasnt aware of this, since it has already the look of a full fledged project... ;) So I would say feel free to continue as you like, its all up to you what you want to translate next. You could translate other chapters for this project since there arent much chapters taken, translate for other projects or if you feel like you could even create other teaser projects. ;) In my understanding are the rules to create a teaser project not as strict as for the creation of a full fledged project. I think the readers will be happy as long as they can read more translated work. - The more, the better as the saying is. ;)

Its like as you have a supply monopoly - the translators have all the power - with the only exception - the power that the supervisors have. ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Vaelis »

It's a full fledged project.
Enigma
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

joay_b wrote:Okay, teaser status:

Any suggestions what to do next ?

1. Continue volume 3
2. Jump to other volumes (I'm thinking of volumes 12 and 13)
3. Jump to other series

P.S. What happened to the initiators of this teaser? :roll:
I'll go ahead and vote for number 2.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Ah hmm, shouldnt this thread then not be in the "Auxiliary Brigades" section?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Fan
Astral Realm

Post by Fan »

I'll vote for 2. Yes, the dating arc :lol: . Oh look the prologue is up, thanks :D
Elroid
Astral Realm

Post by Elroid »

I just found out that Baka-tsuki was translating the novel... so... I'm not sure about how you do this kind of stuff... but... Wouldn't be better to start translating the first chapters of the first volume?
Zyzzyva165
Senior Project Translator

Post by Zyzzyva165 »

Elroid wrote:I just found out that Baka-tsuki was translating the novel... so... I'm not sure about how you do this kind of stuff... but... Wouldn't be better to start translating the first chapters of the first volume?
Not necessarily. It depends on lots of factors, and completeness of the story is just one of them. There are readers who prefer to follow the story at where the anime left off. But it's entirely up to the translators to decide what to translate.
"Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a man, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox; each also had the face of an eagle."
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Elroid wrote:I just found out that Baka-tsuki was translating the novel... so... I'm not sure about how you do this kind of stuff... but... Wouldn't be better to start translating the first chapters of the first volume?
I agree, the beginning is always preferred.

However as policy it is entirely up to the active translator(s) to start on any chapters the like.

It's entirely in their hands, if you disagree, just contact the translator and ask.

However, we can't gurantee anything!

sometimes if you want a job done right, you just got to do it yourself… :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Elroid
Astral Realm

Post by Elroid »

Zyzzyva165 wrote:
Not necessarily. It depends on lots of factors, and completeness of the story is just one of them. There are readers who prefer to follow the story at where the anime left off. But it's entirely up to the translators to decide what to translate.
Well, I can understand the "follow the story at where the anime let off". However, as I was reading the first volume introduction, I realized that there were a lot of stuff that the anime didn't explain very well.
Spoiler! :
For example, I tough that Mikoto Misaka and Touma met for the first time in that bridge when I saw the anime... yet, in the manga I read that they met before that, fact that was confirmed to me when I was reading the introduction
That's the main reason why I think that it wouldn't be a bad idea to, at least, start working with the first chapters
onizuka-gto wrote:
I agree, the beginning is always preferred.

However as policy it is entirely up to the active translator(s) to start on any chapters the like.

It's entirely in their hands, if you disagree, just contact the translator and ask.
Well... being that the case, I don't feel like arguing with anybody, since they're doing such a great job translating the chapters for us to read

(Still... I think I'll try to send a message to them later, thanks for the idea ;D)

onizuka-gto wrote:However, we can't gurantee anything!

sometimes if you want a job done right, you just got to do it yourself… :)
If I could read japanese, I'll be gladly helping to translate the first chapters

... To start with, English is not even my natal language xD
revolutionarythesis
Astral Realm

Post by revolutionarythesis »

hello, i am interested in trying my hand at translating a text version of this, i only have a scanned version of this so it makes it harder to translate as the images are full of kanji i do not completely understand. But on the other hand i can read most hiragana and katakana, and translation is easier for text files using a translation tool then adjusting the sentence into a more accurate form. Well anyways please send me a message if you got the text files still.
edit : got rid of my stupid question, thanks krikit
Last edited by revolutionarythesis on Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Krikit
Mikuru Bunny

Post by Krikit »

1st:
Spoiler! :
B-T doesn't accept donations...it would make it harder to protect itself in case of..."those" kinds of inquiries.
2nd: I don't have the text files...so I feel like my response is unneeded...however!

3rd: I think alot of people already know this, but when I was at the local library, I found the books, and came to realize that Volume 7 is where the anime ended, just in case there was an interested party/ies. (I didn't read it, its just the images show the "imaginary" girl.)
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Krikit wrote:3rd: I think alot of people already know this, but when I was at the local library, I found the books, and came to realize that Volume 7 is where the anime ended, just in case there was an interested party/ies. (I didn't read it, its just the images show the "imaginary" girl.)
I dont watch the anime, so i didnt know how the story went... and by imaginary girl... u mean...
Spoiler! :
the girl created by the masses of students at the academy?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Krikit wrote:2nd: I don't have the text files...so I feel like my response is unneeded...however!
*has the .txt files* :D
Elroid
Astral Realm

Post by Elroid »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Krikit wrote:3rd: I think alot of people already know this, but when I was at the local library, I found the books, and came to realize that Volume 7 is where the anime ended, just in case there was an interested party/ies. (I didn't read it, its just the images show the "imaginary" girl.)
I dont watch the anime, so i didnt know how the story went... and by imaginary girl... u mean...
Spoiler! :
the girl created by the masses of students at the academy?
Yeah, the last ep of the anime was about that girl, so she must be the "imaginary girl"
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Kazakiri Hyouka.
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”