Chrome Shelled Regios

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this series translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
1%
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 786

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Chrome Shelled Regios

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

FINE!! JUST SHOOT ME WITH MY MISUNDERSTANDING!!

Argh, how many times must it be mentioned to ME that its not mecha... i got the picture already... take it easy on the little guy okay?

And, the same problem for all novel/projects. Everyone wanna see it done, and so.... everyone stares, and stares, and stares....... and stares........ and.............
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:FINE!! JUST SHOOT ME WITH MY MISUNDERSTANDING!!

Argh, how many times must it be mentioned to ME that its not mecha... i got the picture already... take it easy on the little guy okay?

And, the same problem for all novel/projects. Everyone wanna see it done, and so.... everyone stares, and stares, and stares....... and stares........ and.............
Chill, bud. Well, it's not like they specifically mentioned it to you, it's more like a general statement.

Sure, everyone does want to see it done, and they won't be asking for it if they have the ability to translate it or don't even need to have it translated to begin with. And sure enough, if I was really able to read the novels like how I read a wall of English text... I would've dealt with various translations till now. :roll:

And well we know everyone's busy, it's just the increasing number and interest in light novels people are having, not to mention that Baka-Tsuki is the only site that translates light novels into English; that we're actually almost out of active translators. So where else would you ask them to go, hmm? Can't blame 'em for coming here and asking for a LOT of stuffs to be translated (that'll include me. ^^; ).
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:FINE!! JUST SHOOT ME WITH MY MISUNDERSTANDING!!

*stares*

jiiiiiiiiii.......

:D
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hmm why have so much of those series a setting in a school? Is there no live outside of school in Japan?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Finix of Fire
Astral Realm

Post by Finix of Fire »

well it's not that much of school, the city were the plot is devolping is an academy city. And Japan??? it's an alternate world where every city stablished, so far has been destroyed.

The city's are moving around cause of pollution they are unable to stay in a place. And there is live out of the city??? well yes in other city's that are also moving aroud looking for energy. in fact Layfon comes from another city you remember? but He was kind of banished from it in the manga in one page they show him as a hero en the "Queen" gives him a sword and name him one of the Heaven's blade and everything, he donetes his money to the orphanage an everything....

http://www.onemanga.com/Chrome_Shelled_ ... Mail/5/03/

great guy ?? don't think so in the next one he is banished :

http://www.onemanga.com/Chrome_Shelled_ ... Mail/5/18/

why is he banished?? why feli is supposed to be one of the greatest espers?? why in the forums nina is called the "noble" swordsman???(check for the other manga)

why does everybody has a great past except for the sniper???

well about that I must say that's just a mysteryyyyy.
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Post by Nerevarine »

Darklor wrote:Hmm why have so much of those series a setting in a school? Is there no live outside of school in Japan?
ive also wondered this....
joay_b
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by joay_b »

Nerevarine wrote:
Darklor wrote:Hmm why have so much of those series a setting in a school? Is there no live outside of school in Japan?
ive also wondered this....
I'm suspecting it's because of the primary demographic target of most series: middle and high school students. Considering the dull educational environments these students go through (Monbukagakushou has tight control on Japanese education), (1) they must be looking for a way to let off steam or (2) they must be looking for reading material aside from school subjects.

Of course I could be wrong since there are other popular ways to "escape" from school like manga, video games, bullying, p**n.
まず隗より始めよ。
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Probably because everyone has to attend school, and everyone knows how bloody boring it is, so they try to make you expect something would happen. Or at least bring a little life in it?or just so you can relate better, since u have been thru school, you can understand what they are saying more easily.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

Having watched the anime up till its latest episode and read part of book 1's translation in Chinese, I'm interested in translating this... either as teaser or full-fledged project. Can someone confirm that the novels aren't licensed?
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

blewin wrote:Having watched the anime up till its latest episode and read part of book 1's translation in Chinese, I'm interested in translating this... either as teaser or full-fledged project. Can someone confirm that the novels aren't licensed?
... FINALLY!

Licensed? Licensed as in how?
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

as in some US company's gonna publish it?? I guess not uh.
I'll contact someone once chapter 1's done.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

blewin wrote:as in some US company's gonna publish it?? I guess not uh.
I'll contact someone once chapter 1's done.
Oh, no news of it so far. So I guess you can go ahead and do it.

Go translations! \(^O^)/
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator

Post by Assassin »

Hmm.

Compare:
“I’m Sharnid Elipton in fourth year. I’m a snapper.”
with
“I’m Sharnid Elipton in fourth year. I’m a sniper.”
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hmm I think sniper would make more sense... :wink:
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

thanks for spotting the error and fixing it! I did proofread and edit everything, but one person doing that could still end up missing things.

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”