Chrome Shelled Regios

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this series translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
1%
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 786

nivlem
Astral Realm

Re: Chrome Shelled Regios

Post by nivlem »

wow its so nice to see the translations for csr moving again, thank you all so much ^^ ima start over when i have the time cuz its been so long :D
xstar
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by xstar »

Can someone PM me with a link to the jpn scans? I'm a little behind on my archives (latest volumes on hand is vol 18).
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。
xstar
Project Translator

Post by xstar »

Overhauled Vol16 ch02. There were several lines missing or inconsistencies with the Japanese texts.

Edit: Also, reminder to all. Make sure all comments (such as appreciation posts) go in the appropriate thread.

Edit2: Ugh, somehow one of my edits never saved and it was quite a substantial one at the end of the chapter. Guess I'm going to have to do it as tons of smaller edits.
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。
r_daneel02
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by r_daneel02 »

hmm edits in which chapter?

on a seperate matter it was mentioned in volume 7 i think (reading it again now) nina says the wolf faces are creating en between cities..(after her fight with wolf faces while she was with leerin or after she comes back to zuellini) and that rigzario is their main goal and wating to steal it or somethin.

is that a mistranslation or do the wolf faces also create en between cities? is en the path or the transport or both? is she talking about wolf faces creating a seperate en network other than the one already in pl;ace between cities by electronic fairies?
r_daneel02
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by r_daneel02 »

xstar wrote:Can someone PM me with a link to the jpn scans? I'm a little behind on my archives (latest volumes on hand is vol 18).

oh and do u still need jpn scans?
i have downloaded till vol 21 22 and 23 is in jcafe i guess and gota download that ... mayb if im reading though translator aggregator i might/will do that i guess...
lygophile
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by lygophile »

r_daneel02 wrote:on a seperate matter it was mentioned in volume 7 i think (reading it again now) nina says the wolf faces are creating en between cities..(after her fight with wolf faces while she was with leerin or after she comes back to zuellini) and that rigzario is their main goal and wating to steal it or somethin.

is that a mistranslation or do the wolf faces also create en between cities? is en the path or the transport or both? is she talking about wolf faces creating a seperate en network other than the one already in pl;ace between cities by electronic fairies?
I think it was a mistranslation, though I'm not perfectly sure because the Chinese sentence I'm looking at is complicated and possibly also mistranslated. I believe I have fixed it to "Their numbers were continually increasing and they moved through the network of 'En' built between cities".

Another topic: I've been asked to finish the last two short story chapters in Volume 11. Is Haze still around/has he made any progress? Do Decemdies/Xstar have any interest in translating them? I would personally rather continue with the storyline.
xstar
Project Translator

Post by xstar »

lygophile wrote:
r_daneel02 wrote:on a seperate matter it was mentioned in volume 7 i think (reading it again now) nina says the wolf faces are creating en between cities..(after her fight with wolf faces while she was with leerin or after she comes back to zuellini) and that rigzario is their main goal and wating to steal it or somethin.

I think it was a mistranslation, though I'm not perfectly sure because the Chinese sentence I'm looking at is complicated and possibly also mistranslated. I believe I have fixed it to "Their numbers were continually increasing and they moved through the network of 'En' built between cities".

Another topic: I've been asked to finish the last two short story chapters in Volume 11. Is Haze still around/has he made any progress? Do Decemdies/Xstar have any interest in translating them? I would personally rather continue with the storyline.
I would wait on Haze to respond. Also, if Haze ends up not having time, I'll get started on it. Go ahead and stick with the main story. Volume 11 doesn't seem to have many particularly important details.

Also, did a TLC of those lines against the JPN raws.
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。
r_daneel02
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by r_daneel02 »

so is lygophile the one translating so fast? on vol 17?

ps. and there is no volume 22 raw is it? i saw only up2 21 and then 23 on jcafe ...?

the conqueror of phlanx in volume 10 comes along after all other chapters in volume 10 right i mean chronologically too ? its set after nina and dix wintness layfons fight with wolf faces and her sort of van allens present?
Last edited by r_daneel02 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
xstar
Project Translator

Post by xstar »

r_daneel02 wrote:so is lygophile the one translating so fast? on vol 17?

ps. and there is no volume 22 raw is it? i saw only up2 21 and then 23 on jcafe ...?

the conqueror of phlanx in volume 10 comes along after all other chapters in volume 10 right i mean chronologically too ? its set after nina and dix wintness layfons fight with wolf faces and her sort of van allens present?
I honestly don't know, I only have the vol 21 raws and links don't show up for me on Jcafe.

Reminder: do not post links on this forum that have Downloadable Content (DLC). If you're posting links for someone, send them a PM.
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。
r_daneel02
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by r_daneel02 »

xstar wrote:

I honestly don't know, I only have the vol 21 raws and links don't show up for me on Jcafe.

Reminder: do not post links on this forum that have Downloadable Content (DLC). If you're posting links for someone, send them a PM.
hmm ok
ah u need to create atleast one post to see the links.. ive got vol 23 if u want... and is volume 23 a side story too? seems so from the pics... who posted the novel illustration on the site for volume 22? they must have the whole novel right? cos all of the illustrations around 12 of em are there.

from volume 11 happy bday

"It was indeed like that. Because that place's Psychokinesists, all of them experienced mistaken perceptions.”

(Then, what was it after all?)

"Which? But, the Queen's feeling was very accurate! Kanaris also perceived something. For an insignificant flower, she did an unnecessary thing."

that place as in where layfon and leerin were found? the accomodation building? " what was it after all .. which " meaning ? ( the suspicion of leerins ancestry?) who is the insignificant flower ? leerin derek the lover of euhtonol (mother of leerin) kanaris ... and who is " she " ?
kanaris authorising the report of finding out leerins ancestry through her hair ( dna analysis exists in the world of kei and filth monsters eh ?) happens after this chapter/event after or before chronologically?

csr has some confusing lines by design.... and 2 much bable on philosophy :) like phiosophy though :)
lygophile

Post by lygophile »

Yeah, I've been doing the recent translations since mid-Volume 16.

Phalanx of Volume 10 occurs after the battle with Myath. I believe the rest of Volume 10 is before that, as can be seen from the last line of A Day For You 03.
r_daneel02 wrote:"It was indeed like that. Because that place's Psychokinesists, all of them experienced mistaken perceptions.”

(Then, what was it after all?)

"Which? But, the Queen's feeling was very accurate! Kanaris also perceived something. For an insignificant flower, she did an unnecessary thing."

that place as in where layfon and leerin were found? the accomodation building? " what was it after all .. which " meaning ? ( the suspicion of leerins ancestry?) who is the insignificant flower ? leerin derek the lover of euhtonol (mother of leerin) kanaris ... and who is " she " ?
kanaris authorising the report of finding out leerins ancestry through her hair ( dna analysis exists in the world of kei and filth monsters eh ?) happens after this chapter/event after or before chronologically?
You are correct about the meaning of "that place".
"What was it after all" is a question asking about what truly happened, as the perceptions of the Psychokinesists were mistaken.
"She" and "insignificant flower" both refer to the same person, probably Kanaris. 'Flower' being a term saying that she is mainly for appearance.
I have and will probably never have any way to find out the chronology of your last question.
r_daneel02
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by r_daneel02 »

Spoiler! :
hmm the perceptions of psychokinesist are manipulated by delbone rt? and the ronsimier family is responsible for killing herder eutonol? and tigiris wants to kill the baby to free it from the fate it has to face... " the filth monster that attacked seemed to want to protect the baby " ... there was a line like that right ... did hereder turn into a filth monster like gahard bahren so that he could protect the baby ? the wounds on the mother might have been from the monster or the ronsimer family?... the ronsimer family acts on its own and not from the queens orders coz the alshreya forgives him ... then why does the ronsimer assassins attack leerins family in the first place ? so that the royal blood doesnt make it outside grendan or that it should not become known to the people of grendan or some other twisted philosophy?

hmm the page on chronology or timeline has some mistakes huh? but this has messed up time jumps csr i mean...

oh and could u tell me if vol 23 is a side story? vol 19 and 20 are sidestories .. vol 23 too ?
lygophile

Post by lygophile »

That was a lot of questions that possibly warranted a spoiler tag and that I'm gonna take as hypothetical.

This chapter in particular involves a lot of flashbacks, so part of it is way before the rest of CSR while the rest of it possibly happens during the main storyline. Very little work has been put into the timeline page, so it might not be completely correct.

I don't know about the next volumes, but It looks like one, judging by the cover illustration.
MyGawd
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MyGawd »

@lygophile... really i am grateful for your translation. thanks for volume 17 man it a great book. one question so volume 24 is not the end right?
Empire's Strongest
lygophile

Post by lygophile »

I'm not sure. I'm just translating the volumes as I read them, so I won't know till I get to Volume 24. Someone did put a Volume 25 scheduled for release in September on the BT CSR page, though.

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”