Chrome Shelled Regios

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this series translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
1%
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 786

Falco00
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Chrome Shelled Regios

Post by Falco00 »

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who worked on the translations so far. Also happy to see that the work on this LN was restarted and has been going good.

:D
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

Falco00 wrote:Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who worked on the translations so far. Also happy to see that the work on this LN was restarted and has been going good.

There is a separate topic for "Appreciation for Translation of CSR" you know?...
xstar
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by xstar »

One section + one paragraph left in this chapter. 80% complete. Ugh this takes forever.
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。
Falco00
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Falco00 »

Rohan123 wrote:
Falco00 wrote:Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who worked on the translations so far. Also happy to see that the work on this LN was restarted and has been going good.

There is a separate topic for "Appreciation for Translation of CSR" you know?...
Thanks! I'm new here so I didn't know. I'll take a look around and get to know the board better.
Rohan123
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ore No Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai!

Post by Rohan123 »

@Falco00 Welcome to BT, maybe you can tell us more about yourself here?
decemdies
Project Translator

Post by decemdies »

ディクセリオ・マスケインがツェルニに在籍《ざいせき》していたのは十数年も昔のことであり、なにより生徒会奥にある像の台座の文面を書き換《か》えた張本人でもあることをニーナが知ったのは、それから数日後のことだ

in here, does 十数年 translates to several decades or 10+ years?
"Sabin, you're alive!"
"[laughs merrily] But of course! You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?
xstar
Project Translator

Post by xstar »

decemdies wrote:ディクセリオ・マスケインがツェルニに在籍《ざいせき》していたのは十数年も昔のことであり、なにより生徒会奥にある像の台座の文面を書き換《か》えた張本人でもあることをニーナが知ったのは、それから数日後のことだ

in here, does 十数年 translates to several decades or 10+ years?
It literally translates to "ten-odd years" which alternatively can be translated as "ten or so years."
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

May I ask whether it's haze or lygophile doing the translation for the latest released chapters? (Vol 10, 11)

also, I'm officially taking myself off this project. I really don't have the time for it as you can see in my very very slow progress in the last few months. I've only done 20% for Vol 16 Ch 4. As most of the side stories are almost done (thanks to all of your persistent effort!!), it seems some of our translators here can move onto the main story? :wink: Persistence has taken us so far into CSR (66% into finishing the whole light novel series). That's quite something I reckon.

well,it's been great translating and getting to know all of you. Thanks for all your support and encouragement and persistence! I'll drop by from time to time to read your chapters. :)
xstar
Project Translator

Post by xstar »

blewin wrote:May I ask whether it's haze or lygophile doing the translation for the latest released chapters? (Vol 10, 11)

also, I'm officially taking myself off this project. I really don't have the time for it as you can see in my very very slow progress in the last few months. I've only done 20% for Vol 16 Ch 4. As most of the side stories are almost done (thanks to all of your persistent effort!!), it seems some of our translators here can move onto the main story? :wink: Persistence has taken us so far into CSR (66% into finishing the whole light novel series). That's quite something I reckon.

well,it's been great translating and getting to know all of you. Thanks for all your support and encouragement and persistence! I'll drop by from time to time to read your chapters. :)
Haze and lygophile released the chapters in vol 11 and lygophile and decemdies released the chapters in vol 10. My part of 10 is almost done so Vol 10 is almost complete.

I'm sorry to hear that you are stepping down. Your contribution was astronomical and your efforts will be sorely missed. Please drop by from time to time and say hi. I personally love chatting with you and I'm sure the others will be overjoyed to hear from you.

Edit: Vol 10 a Day for You 02 complete.
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。
decemdies
Project Translator

Post by decemdies »

Thanks Blewin for translating for so long. Leave the translation to us(though i can't say for myself because i'm super slow) and stay awesome. Take a good rest.
With that said, may i ask who will be in charge of finishing vol 15 chap 2 and vol 16? we will first need the raws.

Also, kudos to whoever(who actually did it? Jaywalker7? xstar? Lygophile?) for translating To Conquer The Phalanx so quickly. 35 pages of fast work.

In return take my like:
http://www.memecenter.com/fun/1800501/t ... royale-gif
"Sabin, you're alive!"
"[laughs merrily] But of course! You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?
lygophile
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by lygophile »

I did the recent short story chapters other than A Day For You 02/03.

Anyway, thanks Blewin for starting and finishing more than half of this awesome project. I remember way back when we were still on Volume 2...... you've done a ton, and I hope you enjoy our continuation of your work.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

blewin wrote:May I ask whether it's haze or lygophile doing the translation for the latest released chapters? (Vol 10, 11)

Thank you for the hard work you've put in throughout the years. Certainly appreciate the contributions you made to this project.

Also, I (or rather, Heretic Translation) got a mail from someone requesting to join the CSR translating team.
I saw that you uploaded some stuff to baka-Tsuki and there's a project that I really want to help on.
I'm fluent in writing, reading, speaking and talking in Japanese and Chinese. Is it possible for me to join your group and translate
Chrome Shelled Regios??
I suppose this prospect wants to use the editors on our side to continue with the project (though I think the prospect will be under us). May I know what are you opinions before we reply to this prospect?
xstar
Project Translator

Post by xstar »

Teh_ping wrote: Also, I (or rather, Heretic Translation) got a mail from someone requesting to join the CSR translating team.
I saw that you uploaded some stuff to baka-Tsuki and there's a project that I really want to help on.
I'm fluent in writing, reading, speaking and talking in Japanese and Chinese. Is it possible for me to join your group and translate
Chrome Shelled Regios??
I suppose this prospect wants to use the editors on our side to continue with the project (though I think the prospect will be under us). May I know what are you opinions before we reply to this prospect?
I was under the impression it was an open group, though I would suggest that they post here under the recruitment thread. What does everyone else say?
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

the more help the better. Does he intend to post his work on baka-tsuki wiki? he should register and make a post in this thread about it.

thanks guys. I'm thankful to have such an awesome team for CSR! will definitely come back and read the rest of the chapters you guys translate.

lygophile, I was curious since you used to edit for us. I'll put your name under "translator" too then.
lygophile
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by lygophile »

I can't tell whether he wants to join Heretic Translations or the Baka-Tsuki team. But it should be fine either way. If he does translations elsewhere it would be nice if he could register for the chapters and post them on BT.

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”