Chrome Shelled Regios

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Do you wish to see this series translated?

Yes
99%
Not Really (Please give a reason)
1%
No (Please give a reason)
No votes

Total votes: 786

lygophile
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Chrome Shelled Regios

Post by lygophile »

Just wanted to say to whoever it may concern that I will not be translating volumes 23 or 25, as I have been unable to find Chinese versions of them.
gorlab
Astral Realm

Post by gorlab »

I am reading volume 6 chapter 5. At the end Nina was thinking :
Spoiler! :
"Dixerio, the person who sent her on this path, was he fighting somewhere too? "
Did i miss something ? I dont recall Nina encountering this person previously.
lygophile

Post by lygophile »

I don't think you missed anything. A short story later on (Volume 10 A Day For You 03) explains their history.
lygophile

Post by lygophile »

And, I'm done with the last volume that I can translate (Volumes 23 and 25 aren't yet in Chinese). -scrolls through CSR page to admire all the pretty blue links-

Therefore, progress on CSR will stop for now until someone begins translating from Japanese or the Chinese versions come out.
Mordant
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mordant »

Since I'm going back to reading CSR soon (waiting for most of my main LN's to get translated) and I am currently on 9th volume, I would like to ask if there is a point reading incoming short stories volumes (that means 10,11 ahead, and then 19, 20 later)?

I'm not a fan of side stories which have nothing to do with (main) character background - that is, slice of life stories or similar useless fillers. For example, in my previously read volume 8, I was really struggling to get past it. I mean, the chapters about Layfon past in Glendan were interesting, but I quite sure that I either dropped the slice-of-life'ish chapters or struggled through them so much that I have absolutely no idea what they were about (I have read them like 3-4 months ago).

Summing it up - are the next side story volumes including worthwhile chapters (background stories for main characters, something of significance for main story or deepening relationship between main characters) or are complete waste of time that I can skip with clear conscious?

I'm asking it because English isn't my first language (which means that reading books in English takes quite a bit longer then in my primary language) and... Well, I'm quite (ok, a lot) lazy. I could always spend that time on reading something else or getting through few games on that huge backlog of Steam games :P.
lygophile

Post by lygophile »

It's saddening to hear you dump all over the side stories, I quite enjoyed them. :cry: My grief is so vast that it merits the 'cry' emoticon.

But I still took the time to review the short story volumes in order to cater to your taste. Judging by your preferences, go ahead and skip every side story except Volume 10 A Day For You 03, Volume 10 Conquering the Phalanx, and Volume 11 Happy Birthday.
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

lygophile wrote:And, I'm done with the last volume that I can translate (Volumes 23 and 25 aren't yet in Chinese). -scrolls through CSR page to admire all the pretty blue links-

Therefore, progress on CSR will stop for now until someone begins translating from Japanese or the Chinese versions come out.
There's no Chinese versions of Legend and Crusade? Just asking.
Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

I'll be taking the Legend of Regios up, if no one is working on it.
lygophile

Post by lygophile »

I don't think anyone is, glad to have you.
Kouen no Ten
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kouen no Ten »

I'll take it in then~ I am gonna stall all the other projects that I am currently working on till I finish LoR entirely.
bakabaka
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by bakabaka »

I only started CSR a while ago but I'm already bored of Layfons character. He has badass skills and all but the way he gets all emo over his past is really annoying. Same goes to the way the other characters handle it, including Nina. I don't get what's so bad about him earning money for the orphanages. Why do people blame him like he raped a schoolgirl?
Anyway my point is, will the fact about him seemingly being the worst human on earth for doing underground fights, ever go away or will this drag on forever?
Sorry if I have offended someone. It's just my opinion. :)
lygophile

Post by lygophile »

Spoiler! :
Well, he did do it illegally. And he did plan to kill someone while doing so, which is arguably worse than raping a schoolgirl.

It goes away eventually, though. He becomes much more confident later on.
bakabaka
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by bakabaka »

lygophile wrote:
Spoiler! :
Well, he did do it illegally. And he did plan to kill someone while doing so, which is arguably worse than raping a schoolgirl.

It goes away eventually, though. He becomes much more confident later on.
Okay I will keep reading then
thanks
MyGawd
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by MyGawd »

is it me or the categories tab is out place?
Empire's Strongest
whiiplash
Astral Realm

Post by whiiplash »

Kouen no Ten wrote:I'll take it in then~ I am gonna stall all the other projects that I am currently working on till I finish LoR entirely.
Just wondering what the status was on this. I'm not showing any updates on the novel page.

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”