Candidates for this forum!

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Who NEEDS a Forum?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:00 am

Bakemonogatari
24%
To Aru Majutsu no Index
32%
Maria-sama ga Miteru
4%
Chrome Shelled Regios
25%
Baka to Tesuto Syokanju
14%

Total votes: 112

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Candidates for this forum!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

zenkimura wrote:Well, they had to call it something. Besides, it does start with Index & Toma. I cast my vote for Index since it's about to start its second season, and there's bound to be plenty of fans wanting to read the light novel.

Maybe I'd better hurry up and finish the first season... I've been too busy rewatching Clannad in HD :oops:
Not too sure about the index second season... but this is a light novels forum... So the priority should be on the novels, not the animes? let the anime sites take care of the anime discussions. Though I personally hope it would cover up to 13 and further... After 13 volumes, finally the story seems to be moving on... Sighz, what a long period before it even seems half-interesting...

That aside, this thread is quite dead, and is there much need for new forums? need new inputs like translators/member requests before making a new sub-forum i think... No point making more dead sub-forums.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

well, this is getting rediculous now, I doubt a new poll will resolve anything!

Well i'll just freeze the poll now.

looks like CSR and Index are the top 2.

Index is clearly desirable for a new forum.

however CSR seems to have more activity on the forum, they actually have two active topic thread which is surprising! since i remember the Translator saying they didn't think they would need more then one... :roll:

...hmmm...oh what the hell. might as well stick both of them in this forum, solves the problem of deciding one or the other, plus it should solve the problem of underused sub-forum....i think.... well lets give it a go!

:)

If one or the other under use the forum, I'll just shove it back into the overcrowded Aux. forum.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Question(s):

1) Why can't we have sub-forums for both?
2) Is there such a need? (some sub-forums are dead-er than house/highschool of the dead)
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

One popular project wasnt even in the poll: Sword Art Online...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

(In order to avoid possible confusion: Just now I got to this thread though the CSR/Index sub-forum)

Now this solution is kind of... lame, I guess. Yes, the Aux Brigades are overcrowded. With tons of dead threads at the bottom, but no one cares about them. On the other hand we had 5-6 active threads at the top where people "visited" each other. At least I did. And it worked. It worked well at that, I think. I like what the CSR-crew did with their guidelines, after I more or less forced them to do it while not doing anything for it myself after that. At least I have the illusion it was me who pressured them into doing it, but they might view it differently.

Anyway, now we have 2 separate sub-forums, and at least I'll be too lazy to look in here (CSR/Index), just as with all of the other project forums. And maybe some fans will only look here and not check the Aux Brigades anymore. Just because of a separation we don't need to work efficiently.

Now, if you still want to move active projects out of the Aux Brigades, consider this: one sub-forum for all projects with significant activity in the "current" Aux Brigades (SAO, Index, CSR, maybe Hakomari although it should die down for now since we are finished, so probably not). It would keep the neighborhood-like feeling and helping each other out while getting rid of the "junk-threads" (no offense) and making place for some specialized discussion threads. On top of that it can be used to evaluate the need for a totally dedicated sub-forum, by seeing if one project does make a lot of own active threads once they have the possibility (not counting dead threads vanishing at the bottom of the list).

If you wonder how my idea is different from giving Index and CSR an own forum and adding SAO later: It's the principle behind it. Giving "3 specific projects" and giving "all projects with significant forum activity" one separate (from Aux), shared (with each other) forum are totally different, not only my point of view I hope.

UMMM... Now, this was more that I intended (this is a lie, by the way). Hope my thoughts are clear. If not, tell me, and I will push my ideas some more until you implement them to my full satisfaction :twisted:

(And I should probably repeat it once more: Although I do give an idea of improvement of the status quo, I actually don't see the need to get any projects out of the Aux brigades in the first place since most of the threads there are dead anyway and bother no one)
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Seeing as how this topic is outdated. I'll be locking this.

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”