Candidates for this forum!

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Who NEEDS a Forum?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:00 am

Bakemonogatari
24%
To Aru Majutsu no Index
32%
Maria-sama ga Miteru
4%
Chrome Shelled Regios
25%
Baka to Tesuto Syokanju
14%

Total votes: 112

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Candidates for this forum!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Teh_ping wrote:Apparently, my friend told me that people on 4chan were dying for translations for Index. Don't know how true this is though. Then again, it would mean we need more translators here, as usual, if they want a challenge that is... :twisted:

Btw, when will the voting be final anyway?
Don't worry, pray and maybe some hot-blooded event will lead to a translator being born... Can't really stand how everything turns out perfect in the end... So i won't do it, besides, i havent got the time...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
imagelesskink
Astral Realm

Post by imagelesskink »

What happened to holy anyway? KIA? There seems to have been little (if any) progress for a while now. I would like to translate and own the first two volumes of To Aru, but I don't have that much confidence in my abilities with Kanji and colloqials, although I'm pretty well-versed in the culture and sayings, and have even been to Japan for a while.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Lack of confidence isnt a reason for not translating ;) - the confidence will increase with the number of translated chapters ;)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
joay_b
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by joay_b »

imagelesskink wrote:What happened to holy anyway? KIA? There seems to have been little (if any) progress for a while now. I would like to translate and own the first two volumes of To Aru, but I don't have that much confidence in my abilities with Kanji and colloqials, although I'm pretty well-versed in the culture and sayings, and have even been to Japan for a while.
Consider the first two volumes yours. The last registered translators are as good as gone anyway ... :twisted:

P.S. Just make sure you post vol 1 and vol 2 translations to solidify your intents :roll:
まず隗より始めよ。
Enigma
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Enigma »

b0mb3r wrote:if people on 4chan has nothing better to do than dying, they should try to help out the translation or just die off. those who are able to help should help if their desire is strong. whiners can't be winners.
Not sure how serious you are because of your wording, but people dying for something is a figure of speech, meaning they would really like for something to be done. It's not like they don't want to help, it's just that the hardest and most important part about translating is, well, the translation. Most people don't learn Asian languages simply because the opportunity wasn't presented in compulsory schooling, but usually college. My final year of high school started offering Chinese, I didn't participate in it since it was my final year. Of course there can be editing and such, but honestly, most of the translators have pretty good English skills, so a typo or grammar fix occasionally is all that's needed.

Also, they have done something; the Railgun manga chapters that weren't translated were translated and edited. There were multiple editors, yet only one translator. Someone even compiled them all in one place.

But yeah, there were several (usually long) threads about the novels and translations, and only a small part of it was whining, as most of it was debating other things, like anime physics compared to real-life physics.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Please don't forget, novels like index requires a big amount of information in the religious region... If you do not really understand those, it would be hard and may cause some offense...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
tantei okuoku
Astral Realm

Post by tantei okuoku »

hey would you guess consider editing the translations of the newer FMP novels? the ones that have not been released in .pdf forum I mean
Natsuru
Astral Realm

Post by Natsuru »

Hi there, i`m still new here, pleased to meet you.

Err, may i suggest another Light Novel? Kampfer. Trust me, it`s a good Light Novel :)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Natsuru wrote:Hi there, i`m still new here, pleased to meet you.

Err, may i suggest another Light Novel? Kampfer. Trust me, it`s a good Light Novel :)
Wrong forum/thread - this thread is only about already started projects - your proposal is a case for the future project suggestion section and there is also already a thread for Kampfer: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=3031

Darklor

Tact
Reader

Post by Tact »

Enigma wrote:
b0mb3r wrote:Also, they have done something; the Railgun manga chapters that weren't translated were translated and edited. There were multiple editors, yet only one translator. Someone even compiled them all in one place.

But yeah, there were several (usually long) threads about the novels and translations, and only a small part of it was whining, as most of it was debating other things, like anime physics compared to real-life physics.
Hey, at least it killed the time while I was checking over the translations.

As devoted as I am to the Toaru-verse, I don't feel like there's a high priority for devoting a business forum to it right now. Bakemonogatari is heavily-dependent on wordplay, and Regios seems quite active, so I think they deserve it more at this point in time.

EDIT: You saw nothing... How embarrassing for a first impression...
seoulfighter
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by seoulfighter »

Hey would anybody be offended if I worked on Toaru translations? I have the raws but... my translating skills suck... so they will come out REALLY slowly and my translations will at best get the gist of what the author meant.... but if someone wants to correct me i have np with that since like i said ima noob translator xD
Suzuku
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Suzuku »

What happened to this? It hasn't been updated in months and it looks like the voting should have closed by now. Anyway, I cast my vote for TAMNI primarily because there is a lot of content to discuss in terms of characters, plot, themes, and background (especially in comparison to the other series up for voting) and it's probably the most popular and active series out of the list as well. On a personal level, I'd love to see more translators get interested in this since it's one of my favorite series currently running and I'd really love to see more translators get interested in this. Seeing as this is my first post on this board, I'm happy I got to make it supporting TAMNI.

EDIT: I should probably say it's the most popular behind Bakemonogatari. That said, it is definitely more active than it.
seoulfighter
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by seoulfighter »

Suzuku wrote:What happened to this? It hasn't been updated in months and it looks like the voting should have closed by now. Anyway, I cast my vote for TAMNI primarily because there is a lot of content to discuss in terms of characters, plot, themes, and background (especially in comparison to the other series up for voting) and it's probably the most popular and active series out of the list as well. On a personal level, I'd love to see more translators get interested in this since it's one of my favorite series currently running and I'd really love to see more translators get interested in this. Seeing as this is my first post on this board, I'm happy I got to make it supporting TAMNI.

EDIT: I should probably say it's the most popular behind Bakemonogatari. That said, it is definitely more active than it.
hahhah yeah I know I wondered what happened to this thread as well. As for translating this series I'm not going to do it. Its all set with number of translators. As for TAMNI I think that one is as good as any for a personal forum ^_^, but seriously it doesn't completely center around index at all so why is it called TAMNI... (-.-)
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Maybe the poll should be updated? (looks at the active newcomers) And maybe it should be considered to create more than one new subforum if needed?

Darklor

zenkimura
Astral Realm

Post by zenkimura »

Well, they had to call it something. Besides, it does start with Index & Toma. I cast my vote for Index since it's about to start its second season, and there's bound to be plenty of fans wanting to read the light novel.

Maybe I'd better hurry up and finish the first season... I've been too busy rewatching Clannad in HD :oops:

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”