Candidates for this forum!

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Who NEEDS a Forum?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:00 am

Bakemonogatari
24%
To Aru Majutsu no Index
32%
Maria-sama ga Miteru
4%
Chrome Shelled Regios
25%
Baka to Tesuto Syokanju
14%

Total votes: 112

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Candidates for this forum!

Post by Darklor »

Also I would say that you could for special purposes open a new thread for Chrome Shelled Regios or any other project there in the Auxiliary Brigades section, that is what I thought and also have done once. (My thoughts were: only with enough topics exists a need for a own Sub Forum, after reading the answer to this Nerevarines question: "When does a project get its own sub-forums?") in Re: Recruiting: Translators for C^3 ~CubexCursedxCurious~
onizuka-gto wrote:
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:
Depends on the need/request... I asked before, and posted it in another thread before...

I asked Oni once, he told me if there is such a need for a sub-forum for it, or if someone like the translator requested for it (thats for SnS... it seems quite useless now though...), then it would be made.

Actually it depends on the popularity of the thread and number of pages it has.

I won't tell you how many pages you need, as all it'll do is encourage you to spam.

as long there is significant activity then a sub-forum will be created.

no point making a sub-forum only to have only three topic threads and very very few activity.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Well, I would think that it is still somewhat lacking... not too sure what though...

Lemme list my thoughts out, help me filter them? feeling weak today, might be lack of rest... Anyways here goes.

1) Number of translators => this tend to be one of the most significant factor for discussion, since having one translator tend not to lead to much discussion.
2) Difficulty of the project => Some novels are harder than others, so you would need clarification etc etc. At the same time, it would be easier to seek help in the different regions if you have different threads, which can be found in a specific location.
3) Number of topic threads => Hard to predict, since people tend not to really make threads on B-T except in the less important forums... The project forums tend to stick with what they have already, most of the time.

Just a question on my part while at it, how often does everyone visit the project forums, especially those that you arent working on? On my part, i dont tend to do so too often, thus the lack of involvement in them, mostly coz i dont have much knowledge about them... Is that the same for you guys? That might be a factor too, since i would read threads in future project, or Auxiliary Brigades
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

um, I guess we really don't need a forum at this stage. If we get a forum, it'll mostly be me, Haze and Darklor frequenting it. Maybe we can consider moving the discussions from PM to the thread for the benefit of possible future translators.
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Just a question on my part while at it, how often does everyone visit the project forums, especially those that you arent working on?
not often. Why?

1. I'm not sure whether it'd be rude to chip in translator discussion since I'm not part of the team.
2. Helping with translation (even if it's just a name) of another project probably requires knowledge in that project to make an accurate translation - which I don't have as I don't read any other novels on Baka-Tsuki (except on and off some chapters).
3. No fan discussion... I'd gladly participate if there's fan discussion!
ShadowZeroHeart

blewin wrote:um, I guess we really don't need a forum at this stage. If we get a forum, it'll mostly be me, Haze and Darklor frequenting it. Maybe we can consider moving the discussions from PM to the thread for the benefit of possible future translators.
ShadowZeroHeart wrote:Just a question on my part while at it, how often does everyone visit the project forums, especially those that you arent working on?
not often. Why?

1. I'm not sure whether it'd be rude to chip in translator discussion since I'm not part of the team.
2. Helping with translation (even if it's just a name) of another project probably requires knowledge in that project to make an accurate translation - which I don't have as I don't read any other novels on Baka-Tsuki (except on and off some chapters).
3. No fan discussion... I'd gladly participate if there's fan discussion!
Because we are now looking at the usage of the forums to be made? So whether other people visit the project forums that they are not working on would also add up to the usage, especially since as long as it is not having its very own forums, it is more likely people participate in it, for example in auxi brigade, future projects etc. It also basically means that the forums will be used mainly by members of the project, so that would be one factor for a forum as well?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
DInamo
Astral Realm

Post by DInamo »

b0mb3r wrote:wahh i want bakamonogatari
Nice pun lol.

I'm somewhat torn between bakemonogatari and regios, maybe if bakemonogatari didn't have most of its happenings covered by the anime then I would definately support it (only interested in koyomi vamp and there isn't much activity in it). Regios has 10 untouched volumes and high amount of dedication from its translators. Hmmmm... guess I'll go with regios.
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

DInamo wrote:
b0mb3r wrote:wahh i want bakamonogatari
Nice pun lol.

I'm somewhat torn between bakemonogatari and regios, maybe if bakemonogatari didn't have most of its happenings covered by the anime then I would definately support it (only interested in koyomi vamp and there isn't much activity in it). Regios has 10 untouched volumes and high amount of dedication from its translators. Hmmmm... guess I'll go with regios.
TRAITOR! OFF WITH YOUR HEAD THE QUEEN SAY!

baka baka baka
DInamo
Astral Realm

Post by DInamo »

b0mb3r wrote:
TRAITOR! OFF WITH YOUR HEAD THE QUEEN SAY!
But Bakemonogatari doesn't have any sign of activity for the last few months :|

I rather support an active project that doesn't have its own forums yet.

BTW, who is the queen O.o?
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

...well perhaps none of the new project need a forum?

I mean they are coping pretty much okay at the moment.... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ShadowZeroHeart

Perhaps. It would be best if the translators for the relative projects to make their discussions on B-T itself, but it is optional. If they are confident about what they are doing, it is perfectly fine.

P.S.what about Regios? Seems they do have some translation questions from time to time?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
Const2k
Senior Project Editor

Post by Const2k »

Edit: (placeholder)

P.S. Haven't voted yet since informed decision requires quite a bit of research, and I've just started to collect stats.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Const2k wrote:Edit: (placeholder)

P.S. Haven't voted yet since informed decision requires quite a bit of research, and I've just started to collect stats.

I like stats C2K!!!

:)

it makes me happy. :mrgreen:

show some to me when you get them, please? :P
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Is the winner going to be getting it's own sub-forum section? If so I've still got the template lying around to make an icon for it. Hell, anyone think we should just outright remake them?
Const2k
Senior Project Editor

Post by Const2k »

onizuka-gto wrote:I like stats C2K!!!

:)

it makes me happy. :mrgreen:

show some to me when you get them, please? :P
Sure, just you wait. I don't have stats ready and I'll be offline next two weeks, so pretty numbers of project visits, edits, relevant forum topics/posts and average activity on a given project in wiki & forums are delayed until 2009-12-14 minimum. Sorry for this delay, but there's is nothing I can do with it.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Apparently, my friend told me that people on 4chan were dying for translations for Index. Don't know how true this is though. Then again, it would mean we need more translators here, as usual, if they want a challenge that is... :twisted:

Btw, when will the voting be final anyway?
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

Teh_ping wrote:Apparently, my friend told me that people on 4chan were dying for translations for Index. Don't know how true this is though. Then again, it would mean we need more translators here, as usual, if they want a challenge that is... :twisted:

Btw, when will the voting be final anyway?
if people on 4chan has nothing better to do than dying, they should try to help out the translation or just die off. those who are able to help should help if their desire is strong. whiners can't be winners.
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed it for you. ;)

baka baka baka

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”