Candidates for this forum!

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Who NEEDS a Forum?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:00 am

Bakemonogatari
24%
To Aru Majutsu no Index
32%
Maria-sama ga Miteru
4%
Chrome Shelled Regios
25%
Baka to Tesuto Syokanju
14%

Total votes: 112

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Candidates for this forum!

Post by onizuka-gto »

Down goes Kara no Kyoukai....

*sniff*

I love that series, but there isn't much I can do, no translators...no activity.. :(

*peers into the Aux Forum*

...up goes another.

So, which series will be entering the premier league? who will stay in the lower leagues? How exciting!

But I can't make up my mind! This one...or...THIS ONE?!!

well, perhaps you can help me!

Tell me, sway me, which needs a forum?

I'm not swayed by page numbers so don't try that tack with me!

comment and poll! :)

Candidates will be pulled from the popular project toplist here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2159
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
joay_b
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Candidates for this forum!

Post by joay_b »

The Regios series would win this round handily.
Spoiler! :
I think by a margin so wide it's not even funny :P
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

joay_b wrote:The Regios series would win this round handily.
Spoiler! :
I think by a margin so wide it's not even funny :P

lies! :)

Aru Index is pretty active you know....
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

I voted till now only for Chrome Shelled Regios, since this is the project I am the most interested in and it has gotten some popularity. But maybe the project with the most activity or the most need for discussion aka the most different active translators should get the space. (?) - Which would that be? It could get my second vote... ;)
Last edited by Darklor on Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Assassin
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Assassin »

D: I tried to vote all of them but not one. Image
This is a place holder to God knows when this owner will change his signature, if he ever thinks of it.
revolutionarythesis
Astral Realm

Post by revolutionarythesis »

hehe, voted for "To Aru" and "Baka"
Baka is looking very good from the first volume... just needs more attention to get the translating done faster.
To Aru Majutsu No Index, well the only things i have to say are.... its great we just need to finish it one volume at a time, and I freaking love this series.

I had something good to write here but my mind just broke down.... see you next time maybe
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

revolutionarythesis wrote:hehe, voted for "To Aru" and "Baka"
Baka is looking very good from the first volume... just needs more attention to get the translating done faster.
To Aru Majutsu No Index, well the only things i have to say are.... its great we just need to finish it one volume at a time, and I freaking love this series.

I had something good to write here but my mind just broke down.... see you next time maybe
Baka is good even beyond first volume, i have read up to volume 4 (1,2,3, 3.5, 4) and they are still keeping the bakas coming!!

To aru majutsu may require more attention, despite it not being at my fav list of novels... reason being there can be a lot of discussion regarding religions and all... And nowadays the forums are used more by translators than users... so...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

aha! now we im getting a clearer picture. I guess it really is between Regios and Aru Index.

I know Regios has some dedicated translator, but how difficult is it? does it need a forum?

On the other hand, looking at the Aru Index thread, there is alot to be discussed, characters, specific chapters, but unlike Aru the Translatino is at a more sedated pace....

hmmm...

@Onizukademongto
b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by b0mb3r »

wahh i want bakamonogatari

baka baka baka
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

He, he I have still my second vote. - Would I vote for Baka we would have 3 with 5 votes at the moment ;)
Last edited by Darklor on Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ShadowZeroHeart

onizuka-gto wrote:aha! now we im getting a clearer picture. I guess it really is between Regios and Aru Index.

I know Regios has some dedicated translator, but how difficult is it? does it need a forum?

On the other hand, looking at the Aru Index thread, there is alot to be discussed, characters, specific chapters, but unlike Aru the Translatino is at a more sedated pace....

hmmm...
Though i do read quite a number of novels, Regios is not on my list... perhaps the translator or readers of the official texts could point out the need for it? And should the need truly arises for both, then we can make forums for them both?

As mentioned earlier, the forums are more used by the translators than readers, unless this trend changes, perhaps forums should be made based off needs, rather than popularity. I believe some of the readers that do read B-T may not even know that these forums exist. So perhaps it should be based off firstly, number of translators(maybe editors as well), and the difficulty. Since if there is only 1 translator, there is not much need for discussion, be it over who to translate which chapter, or what should be inputted as the translated text. However, if there are a few, and some more proficient than others, and perhaps for common terms etc, a need for a place for them to discuss and label these issues clearly would arise. thus the reason for forums. For example, some of the forums are quite dead now, which isnt something we really want i am sure(example, SnS, SnS, SnS, maybe KnS as well... SnS killed its translators, KnS basically has me working on it only, and i am a little tied to school recently... projects, damn!!)

Perhaps these can go into consideration before deciding on which projects get forums?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

I know what you mean, it seems to me maybe CSR might need it, since they have more translators and are more active, but at the same time it doesn't really seem to need that much translator/editor discussion?

I think maybe it's because the majority of the translation discussion is done on AS?

@Onizukademongto
ShadowZeroHeart

onizuka-gto wrote:I know what you mean, it seems to me maybe CSR might need it, since they have more translators and are more active, but at the same time it doesn't really seem to need that much translator/editor discussion?

I think maybe it's because the majority of the translation discussion is done on AS?
If possible, can we get the translators to voice out? Well, if AS is fine for them, it is okay, but if it is better for them if the discussions can be held here, by all means, it should be their choice. Similarly for other projects.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

I was gonna leave the decision to you guys...

Anyway, thanks for being considerate and giving CSR a serious thought in how the project might need a forum. *bow*
I've discussed the issue with Haze and we've decided that we don't need a forum at the moment because of the possibility of either of us going MIA end of next year or the year after + only two translators talking really doesn't warrant the need of a forum unless we get fan discussions. BTW, AnthoX is currently MIA.

We do all of our discussion through PM and will probably move to the current thread available when/if our inboxes reach their limit.

What's AS?

and thanks to all those people who support a CSR forum! Sorry to disappoint.
ShadowZeroHeart

blewin wrote:I was gonna leave the decision to you guys...

Anyway, thanks for being considerate and giving CSR a serious thought in how the project might need a forum. *bow*
I've discussed the issue with Haze and we've decided that we don't need a forum at the moment because of the possibility of either of us going MIA end of next year or the year after + only two translators talking really doesn't warrant the need of a forum unless we get fan discussions. BTW, AnthoX is currently MIA.

We do all of our discussion through PM and will probably move to the current thread available when/if our inboxes reach their limit.

What's AS?

and thanks to all those people who support a CSR forum! Sorry to disappoint.
Isnt that AnimeSuki? or thats what i figured. Anyways, it is perfectly fine to have a forum even if there are just one or two translators. Perhaps you might not really see the reason, but especially if you are going to go MIA, a forum may get you still in check with the project, also, your discussions will be recorded in some ways, which might help if anyone ever decides to pick it up. So it might be helpful, but still, a forum requires its users, so its still ultimately up to you guys.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”