CSR/Index Translator Recruitment Page

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: CSR/Index Translator Recruitment Page

Post by larethian »

xstar, you can't post links to raws here...
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

PM the links, PM the links.
Kaichi
Astral Realm

Post by Kaichi »

hi,hi, i want translate To Aru Majutsu no Index [English to Portuguese] xD
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Kaichi wrote:hi,hi, i want translate To Aru Majutsu no Index [English to Portuguese] xD
There is no problem with that - you know the rules?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
decemdies
Project Translator

Post by decemdies »

hello.i'd like to help in translating volume 10 and 11(and of course,other volumes if possible) of chrome shelled regios.i only have meager vocabulary in japanese but i do know grammar and such.although i know it's a painstaking job,where do i start?
p.s.only doing this cause it seems like the rest of the translators are busy and i have a lot of free time
"Sabin, you're alive!"
"[laughs merrily] But of course! You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

you can first drop a mail to Blewin, or find her at animesuki.
I have to warn you that the prose in CSR is somewhat more descriptive than the average light novel.
decemdies
Project Translator

Post by decemdies »

i am well aware of their writing style.even in english,it's very descriptive
"Sabin, you're alive!"
"[laughs merrily] But of course! You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

For those volumes you should try to get into contact with the current translators of those volumes. With Xstar for vol. 10 / With Haze for vol. 11 if they dont have a problem with sharing the workload / chapter, you could just register one of the unregistered chapters and start trying to translate.

Darklor

Suffix
Astral Realm

Post by Suffix »

Please pardon my sudden appearance.

Assuming a busy young man like myself were to undertake the translation of a chapter, potentially more of the To Aru series, am I to assume that the source material is PMed my way? I admit that I've only skimmed this thread for information.

In the back of my mind, a desire to see the continuation of the To Aru series smolders obnoxiously, but I have little confidence in myself as an 英訳者, to be honest. 98.2% of what I do these days are translating English to Japanese. When it comes to 和訳, I may not have the common sense of your average Japanese individual, but rarely ever fail to adapt even the most vernacular-laden English. What little 英訳 talent I have was once described as a bypass to the editing stage, but my self-editing can cause me to bungle translations greatly: unconsciously iterating on what was the wrong interpretation to begin with. These aren't the kind of errors editors can detect. So before I commit myself to yet another project, I need to know whether or not there are any protocols used here by which translations are checked.

EDIT: Ah, for some reason I thought this series had grown stagnant. It must be my poor memory, because Js06 is doing a great job. That throttles my motivation slightly, but the question is still valid.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Uhm, wasnt Index already completed?

Darklor

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

It is. Right now, I'm demanding for more editors. Well, I don't really mind edits if they at least sound fluid, but I've practically given up on getting editors at this point because I gave the readers 4 months to edit last year before my locking spree, and there were less than 5 editors working...

As for guidelines, the simple things are:

1. Meaning must be retained.
2. Reword only if necessary.
3. British English unless the characters are Aztecs or Americans.
4. No abrasive swearing (unless it's for Accelerator or Kihara Amata. Oh...how am I going to retranslate 13...).
Jaywalker7
Astral Realm

Post by Jaywalker7 »

Hi, I would like to translate CSR. I can translate the stories into either french, chinese or english upon request
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

Jaywalker7 wrote:Hi, I would like to translate CSR. I can translate the stories into either french, chinese or english upon request
hi Jaywalker. As baka-tsuki is an English site, of course we'd love new translators to translate CSR into English. What chapter are you thinking of doing?

P.S. i'm quite delighted to actually see someone posting here requesting to translate CSR rather than Index. :mrgreen:
Jaywalker7
Astral Realm

Post by Jaywalker7 »

blewin wrote:
Jaywalker7 wrote:Hi, I would like to translate CSR. I can translate the stories into either french, chinese or english upon request
hi Jaywalker. As baka-tsuki is an English site, of course we'd love new translators to translate CSR into English. What chapter are you thinking of doing?

P.S. i'm quite delighted to actually see someone posting here requesting to translate CSR rather than Index. :mrgreen:
hi blewin, I would prefer if I could translate chapter 7 - 10 for volume 10 as they are the earliest chapters with no current translator. Thank You!
P.S. Sorry for replying so late. I somewhat forgot that I had asked and school just started for me.
Last edited by hobogunner on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Enabling quotes.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

no problems.

We've three chapters not translated in Vol 10:
A Day For You 03
Sweet Day - Sweet Midnight
A Phalanx Ready to Conquer The World

Would you be interested in translating "A Phalanx Ready to Conquer The World"?
do you have the source materials?

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”