CSR/Index Translator Recruitment Page

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

stormwolfex
Astral Realm

Re: CSR/Index Translator Recruitment Page

Post by stormwolfex »

Sounds good to me.

Will PM you when I'm done so that you can give me some tips or advice if I'm doing anything wrong.

^^
Honduras
Astral Realm

Post by Honduras »

Hello everyone! I'm here to help translate To Aru to spanish. I joined the wiki already but there is no registry page for To Aru in spanish and I have no experience in editing a wiki so a Wiki for Dummies will help me a lot.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

That means a registration page would be needed also a thread for the alternate Language project in the Alternative Language Section here in the forum.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
xstar
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by xstar »

Note for new foreign language projects. Please visit this page for more info.
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Honduras wrote:Hello everyone! I'm here to help translate To Aru to spanish. I joined the wiki already but there is no registry page for To Aru in spanish and I have no experience in editing a wiki so a Wiki for Dummies will help me a lot.
Now you can discuss that @ viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3533 also you could communicate whith the creator of this project Qachiiz
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
saganatsu
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by saganatsu »

quicl question regarding the need for translators for Index: were currently at the point where it is a rare day that we don't get a few thousand more words: is it in anyway accurate to characterize this as needing translators, or would it be more accurate to say that they are welcome? -> for main page?
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

saganatsu wrote:quicl question regarding the need for translators for Index: were currently at the point where it is a rare day that we don't get a few thousand more words: is it in anyway accurate to characterize this as needing translators, or would it be more accurate to say that they are welcome? -> for main page?
It's both. Remember, TAMnI has so many volumes that it would be crazy for just 3 translators to work on them. If you want further proof, check the Zero no Tsukaima page. They already had 12 fully completed novels and yet they're saying that they really need moretranslators :lol:
saganatsu
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by saganatsu »

Ah didn't think about that. looking at it that way makes it obvious that we need translators.
js06
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by js06 »

Hey, do you guys still need more translators for Index?
I noticed you have a lot of blank spots in the translations and was wondering if I could help.
I've been translating manga for a few years and am confident in my translation ability, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Currently I've read from the beginning of the series to book 15 in Japanese.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Before you start, let me warn you that translating LNs is on a whole different level from translating manga. However--
And since I want to win that bet with Suzuku, I'm desperate in getting more translators...
js06
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by js06 »

Teh_ping wrote:Before you start, let me warn you that translating LNs is on a whole different level from translating manga.
Oh, I know. I've read almost 20 LNs in Japanese (most of them Index), so I'm well aware what translating them entails.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Oh, really? Okay, you're accepted.

Kindly head over to the registration page and register whichever chapter you'll like to work on, and you're ready to go. Thank you *Ding-dong*.
maverick_X
Astral Realm

Post by maverick_X »

Hi all, i thought i might be able to lend a hand with translating from the Chinese version, since i'm Chinese and lived in China for 12 years before i uh... left XD. Well, I've been reading the manga only and wasn't until couple days ago when I found out about the light novel, I haven't used Chinese for a while, along with a few other issues, I might not be able to move at a fast pace at the beginning. Picking up the pace shouldn't be a problem though, as long as I have the Chinese version and find out what the characters are in Chinese. If you want to take me in to part of the team, I'll be available.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Well, it's not about us reaching out to you, it's you wanting to do it. There's a difference between a volunteer and a slave, you know. (It's very rude for me to say this, I know, but I have to get the point across)
unpronuncyashun2
Astral Realm

Post by unpronuncyashun2 »

Hello there, I have some experience with the Japanese language and would like to volunteer to help translate the To Aru Majutsu no Index series.

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”