CSR/Index Translator Recruitment Page

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: CSR/Index Translator Recruitment Page

Post by larethian »

Nmaster999 wrote:Raw 
The first part of Book#3 chapter2 part 1 
次の日も補習だった。
  夕暮れの教室の真ん中に一人、ポツンと生徒が座っている様はなかなかに哀愁を誘う。始めの方こそ 『うわー過疎化の進んだ村の小学校かよ』 と皮肉っていた上条だったが、流石に三日四日と続く目新しさも消え、五日六日となるともううんざり気分しか残らない。
  だが、その補習も今日を入れて後二日で終わる。八月二二日にもなってようやく夏休みスタートカーっ!という絶望的な気分にならなくもない上条だが、それでも補習から解放される事はやっぱり嬉しい。
  上条は真正面の教卓を見る。
  そこには見た目一二歳、身長一三五センチの女教師、月詠小萌が教卓から顔だけ出す形で立っている。教卓の上にテキストを置いてしゃべっているのだが、あれなら自分の手で持った方がはるかに読みやすいのでは?と思う上条だった。
  「一九九二年にアメリカで再制定されたESPカード実験の必須条件ですがー、 カードの素材がビニール樹脂からABS樹脂に変更していますー。これはカードの表面につく指の脂、指紋によって裏返したカードの種類が分かってしまうというトリックに対するモノで―――って上条ちゃん、ちゃんと聞いてるですかー?」
  「……、いや先生。ちゃんと聞いてるけどさー、これって『力』と何が関係あんですか?」
  上条は無能力者(レベル0)である。  精巧無比な機械で測った結果、 あなたは頭の血管千切れるまで踏ん張たってスプーン一つ曲げられません、と言われてるのに『力』 が弱いから補習です、というのは何事かと上条は思う。
  と、小萌先生もその辺の矛盾に気づいているのか、口をへの字にして、
  「でもでも。力がないからと言って諦めてしまっては伸びるものも伸びないのです。ですからまずは『力』とはどうゆうものか、初歩の初歩から知識を学ぶ事で、自分なりの『力』の御し方が発見できるんではないかなーと小萌先生なりにですね」
  「先生」
  「はいー?」
  「……、なんか色々苦労してんですね。けど伸びないものは伸びませんよーだ」

Translated (First time translating, sorry if it sucks and I changed some parts)

The next day was tutoring as well.

It seems sorrow watching a student sitting in the middle of the classroom on a evening. At first Kamijou thought “Come on, is this an elementary school of a depopulated town?”, but as it goes on for 3 to 4 then 5 to 6 days, the brightness of his soul disappeared and tutoring only left him feeling sick of it.

But, that tutoring will be over in 2 days including today. Kamijou could of felt hopeless that “Summer break finally starts in August 22nd!?” ,but he was happy getting out of tutoring is after all.

Kamijou stared at the teacher's desk right in front of him.

There, the 12years old looking female teacher with the height of 135cm, Tsukuyomi Komoe stood there only showing her face. She is talking with her paper placed on the desk, but Kamijou questioned that why she put it on the desk. It should be far easier to read if she just hold the paper with her hand.

“So for the ESP card experiment's needed condition reinstituted by America in 1992,  カードの素材がビニール樹脂からABS樹脂に変更していますー。( don't know how to translate this part XP) By the finger prints on the card, they are able to figure out what the flipped down card is... hey Kamijouchan, are you listening?”

“......, no Komoe sensei. I am listening, but what does this do with powers?”

Kamijou is a level 0. By the check of a peerless machine, he was told that no matter how much effort he put it, he won't be even able to twist a single spoon, but it doesn't make sense how he get tutored because he is “weak”.

It looks like Komoe sensei seems to know about the contradiction and she says,

“But just because you don't have any power.If you give up, things you can achieve won't get achieved. So by learning the basic basics of power, I think that you can find the way of finding your very own skill”

“Sensei”

“Yes?”

“......, well you seem to be working very hard, but thing that can't get achieved won't be achieved.”

I would finish it if I am decent I guess, please help me translate that one part, and tell me if there is any errors.

Thank you.
I think your problem is not with your Japanese comprehension, but the English used. I'm sure you will get better in time though. As long as there's someone who can fix the wording, well it's for TP to decide. :wink:
Doraneko wrote:P.S. Visited your blog. It is certainly rare to see a non-Japanese anime fan having a Japanese blog. :wink:
so, you're also a rare item? :lol:
Nmaster999
Astral Realm

Post by Nmaster999 »

Doraneko wrote:I think your problem is not with your Japanese comprehension, but the English used. I'm sure you will get better in time though. As long as there's someone who can fix the wording, well it's for TP to decide. :wink:

P.S. Visited your blog. It is certainly rare to see a non-Japanese anime fan having a Japanese blog.

Oh by the way I'm Japanese :lol: lol
Doraneko
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Doraneko »

Nmaster999 wrote:Oh by the way I'm Japanese :lol: lol
Woot that's certainly a surprise. 失敬・・・ (^_^;;)

larethian wrote:so, you're also a rare item? :lol:
Turns out to be much rarer than expected. :lol:
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

You're hired.
Nmaster999
Astral Realm

Post by Nmaster999 »

Teh_ping wrote:You're hired.
The process was a lot faster than expected. :lol:

I hope I can be helpful
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

No problems. In case you need this
Spoiler! :
tp://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?ti ... iting_Tips

1. First, go to the volume that you want to upload.

2. Do you see the edit button on the top right hand corner? Click it.

3. Look at the 'Internal link' section, that is how you're going to add hyperlinks. (You can look at the other volumes for reference)

4. If you did it right, the words should be in red, click on it.

5. Now, you should be in a new page. Click on the 'create' button at the top.

6. Upload the text that you have already translated. (Make sure to press 'enter' once after every paragraph so that it's easier to read.)

7. Next, the headings. At the wiki editing tips page, look at the 'headings' section (well, duh).

8. If you see the format used on all B-T texts, you'll probably get an idea of how to do it. (Just copy what they do.)

9. For pictures, it's under 'thumbnail image', the 'picture' would be from the illustrations of the volume that's available here. If I want a picture from say 'Volume 1 page 031', the format would be [[Image:Index_v01_031.jpg|thumb]]

10. For a footer, just go to any completed chapter here, copy the scripts for the footer, and make the necessary edits.
I'm getting a personal editor, not an IS, for you.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Nmaster999 wrote:
Doraneko wrote:I think your problem is not with your Japanese comprehension, but the English used. I'm sure you will get better in time though. As long as there's someone who can fix the wording, well it's for TP to decide. :wink:

P.S. Visited your blog. It is certainly rare to see a non-Japanese anime fan having a Japanese blog.

Oh by the way I'm Japanese :lol: lol
EH!? RARE ITEM HAKKEN! My Japanese also sucks so I'll be in your care. :oops:
ようこそ!
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

They sure are, like Ayako's main translator.
larethian
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

remind me, who's Ayako's main translator?
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

And who's Ayako in the first place?
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Nmaster999
Astral Realm

Post by Nmaster999 »

Teh_ping wrote:No problems. In case you need this
Spoiler! :
tp://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?ti ... iting_Tips

1. First, go to the volume that you want to upload.

2. Do you see the edit button on the top right hand corner? Click it.

3. Look at the 'Internal link' section, that is how you're going to add hyperlinks. (You can look at the other volumes for reference)

4. If you did it right, the words should be in red, click on it.

5. Now, you should be in a new page. Click on the 'create' button at the top.

6. Upload the text that you have already translated. (Make sure to press 'enter' once after every paragraph so that it's easier to read.)

7. Next, the headings. At the wiki editing tips page, look at the 'headings' section (well, duh).

8. If you see the format used on all B-T texts, you'll probably get an idea of how to do it. (Just copy what they do.)

9. For pictures, it's under 'thumbnail image', the 'picture' would be from the illustrations of the volume that's available here. If I want a picture from say 'Volume 1 page 031', the format would be [[Image:Index_v01_031.jpg|thumb]]

10. For a footer, just go to any completed chapter here, copy the scripts for the footer, and make the necessary edits.
I'm getting a personal editor, not an IS, for you.
So I'm done with chapter 2 part 1, so all I need to so is give this to a editor?
Spoiler! :
The next day was tutoring as well.

It seems sorrow watching a student sitting in the middle of the classroom on a evening. At first Kamijou thought “Come on, is this an elementary school of a depopulated town?”, but as it goes on for 3 to 4 then 5 to 6 days, the brightness of his soul disappeared and tutoring only left him feeling sick of it.

But, that tutoring will be over in 2 days including today. Kamijou could of felt hopeless that “Summer break finally starts in August 22nd!?” ,but he was happy getting out of tutoring is after all.

Kamijou stared at the teacher's desk right in front of him.

There, the 12years old looking female teacher with the height of 135cm, Tsukuyomi Komoe stood there only showing her face. She is talking with her paper placed on the desk, but Kamijou questioned that why she put it on the desk. It should be far easier to read if she just hold the paper with her hand.

“So for the ESP card experiment's needed condition reinstituted by America in 1992,  カードの素材がビニール樹脂からABS樹脂に変更していますー。( don't know how to translate this part XP) By the finger prints on the card, they are able to figure out what the flipped down card is... hey Kamijouchan, are you listening?”

“......, no Komoe sensei. I am listening, but what does this do with powers?”

Kamijou is a level 0. By the check of a peerless machine, he was told that no matter how much effort he put it, he won't be even able to twist a single spoon, but it doesn't make sense how he get tutored because he is “weak”.

It looks like Komoe sensei seems to know about the contradiction and she says,

“But just because you don't have any power.If you give up, things you can achieve won't get achieved. So by learning the basic basics of power, I think that you can find the way of finding your very own skill”

“Sensei”

“Yes?”

“......, well you seem to be working very hard, but thing that can't get achieved won't be achieved.”

“Kamijouchan! I can't say that effort will always lead to success, but people that never try will never success! Even the third place out of the 2,300,000 people, Misaka Mikoto from Tokiwadai Middle school was once a level 1 but she worked hard and got all the way up to a level 5! So Kamijouchan should work hard to!”

“...... Elite? That? She's a kinda girl who kicks vending machines!”

“ ?Kamijouchan, you know her?”

“ Not really. Well I'm going back to topic, seeing some TV show like that and saying 'Look at that high schooler, look how active that person is! Compared to that, look at yourself, don't you think your worthless?' and I'm not a kind of person who gets motivated by those kind of speech! Arrrhh...”

“Don't go arrrhhh on me! That troubles me!”

“Okay? Then why do you look so happy when you are troubled?”

“Oh, um...... Well, thats because … Um... It's because I, like you …........?”

“buowahh!”

“......Teaching you”

“...... Oh. Okay, teaching, ah that scared me...... Oh wait! Come on! I had just let the conversation go a different way and then it immediately got put back to path again!”

“ Ahaha. You are 100years early to fight me with words. Now Kamijouchan, open up textbook page 82 and read about the Psychometrer's mind protection power used in criminal investigation.”

Like this, this day's tutoring time goes by.”
Addition: I actually posted up already so someone hopefully would do massive editing to my translation.
Kadi
Yuki Elf

Post by Kadi »

If you don't have an agreement with an editor, posting it directly is perfectly fine. Rather, I think it's normal to just post it and let people have their way with it. On the other hand, if Ping does get you a personal editor, you may want to give it to him first to get some detailed feedback on how you can improve. That should help a lot more than just comparing versions on the wiki. But, as I said, don't worry about that complicated stuff for now, just deal with matters as they come up.

Speaking of which, where is Ping going to get that editor? Magic hat?
"Oniichan... Did you just have your own ignition?" - Rika
『また兄さんに騙されました・・・・・・。これで通算482回目ですよ』-さくや
「お金持ちだから」-巣鴨涼
『もきゅ!』
Nmaster999
Astral Realm

Post by Nmaster999 »

Kadi wrote:If you don't have an agreement with an editor, posting it directly is perfectly fine. Rather, I think it's normal to just post it and let people have their way with it. On the other hand, if Ping does get you a personal editor, you may want to give it to him first to get some detailed feedback on how you can improve. That should help a lot more than just comparing versions on the wiki. But, as I said, don't worry about that complicated stuff for now, just deal with matters as they come up.

Speaking of which, where is Ping going to get that editor? Magic hat?
Okay, if I get a editor of my own, I would get it to him/her first. If not I'll just post it and let the other people edit it.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Nmaster999 wrote:Oh by the way I'm Japanese :lol: lol
Teh_ping wrote:You're hired.
You didn't think too much after knowing that, didn't you? :lol:
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Anyway, got some anonymous readers to help out with the edits, so you can just upload it first. We'll cover you.

As for hiring. Too many job vacancies, how can I ignore that? And detractors can't give the excuse 'the translator isn't translating from Japanese'.

I believe you want to learn more about English, right? We'll let the editors justify why they make the edits so that you can learn instead of just going to check the history.

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”