CSR/Index Translator Recruitment Page

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

maverick_X
Astral Realm

Re: CSR/Index Translator Recruitment Page

Post by maverick_X »

Cool man, thanks for the answer.
Ararara-ra
Astral Realm

Post by Ararara-ra »

Hello everybody, Ararara-ra

For a quick introduction, you can find my handle as the name of a fanscanlator group at Manga Update.

I began reading To Aru Majutsu no Index not too long ago and have burned through Vol 1 and 2. I currently have in my possession up to volume 5.

As long as you don't mind I translate from Korean to English, I would like to see if I could contribute a little to this project. I can do Japanese to English but, to be sincere, it takes me much longer and it is more work for me thus I am offering Korean to English. Of course, as I am planning on reading the novels myself, I would not need to be provided with the source as I am already buying them myself.

Thank you for your time and let me know if there is anything I can help with.

-Ararara-ra
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

No problem. Just register on the registration page and you're ready to go.

You might want to start with volume 2.
Sandarikka
Astral Realm

Post by Sandarikka »

Um, not sure if this is cutting in/being repetitive/annoying whatever (I didn't bother to read all the posts or anything) or if this is contrary to what Baka-Tsuki's organisers want, but I'm reading Toaru Majutsu no Index (I LOVE IT) and I'm soooo glad that you guys put the light novels up here. But I sort of feel that translating the first incomplete novels is a bit of a waste of time, since you can catch up to vol 14 in the anime, so personally I'd really like to see the novels after vol 17 translated, so I can continue reading! I really want to know what happens!
Anyway, I just thought you'd appreciate my input. Unfortunately I'm unilingual so I can't offer any assistance.... :(
Thanks for the great job on translating! :D
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Well, others may want to read the first 6 volumes just so that they can compare it with what J.C. Staff animated. Besides, I'm not going to back down from that bet, and js06's moving along pretty nicely.
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

That's most definitely more than pretty nicely.
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

YoakeNoHikari wrote:That's most definitely more than pretty nicely.
I agree. Js06.exe FTW!
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Well, it is one of the biggest understatements here on B-T...
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

I have a theory.

Js06 found Akumetsu's cloning plant.
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

YoakeNoHikari wrote:I have a theory.

Js06 found Akumetsu's cloning plant.
Probably.
Kira0802

Nmaster999
Astral Realm

Post by Nmaster999 »

Hello, I might not be that good but I might be able to help.
I do have some of the index books, for now 3,13,15,22,and new testament(whoa so wierd :P)
I can probably translate but I really don't have confidence on my translating skills.So at least I can give out the raw and have someone translated for me instead if I don't want to translate.
I'll be willing to do book #3 for now, I wonder if I can help.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

You can try to do V3. I don't think that translating would be too difficult if you can read the RAWs. In a ESL program, I think it'll be fine.
Kira0802

larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Nmaster999 wrote:Hello, I might not be that good but I might be able to help.
I do have some of the index books, for now 3,13,15,22,and new testament(whoa so wierd :P)
I can probably translate but I really don't have confidence on my translating skills.So at least I can give out the raw and have someone translated for me instead if I don't want to translate.
I'll be willing to do book #3 for now, I wonder if I can help.
Teh Ping may want to give you a test in this case.
Nmaster999
Astral Realm

Post by Nmaster999 »

Raw 
The first part of Book#3 chapter2 part 1 
次の日も補習だった。
  夕暮れの教室の真ん中に一人、ポツンと生徒が座っている様はなかなかに哀愁を誘う。始めの方こそ 『うわー過疎化の進んだ村の小学校かよ』 と皮肉っていた上条だったが、流石に三日四日と続く目新しさも消え、五日六日となるともううんざり気分しか残らない。
  だが、その補習も今日を入れて後二日で終わる。八月二二日にもなってようやく夏休みスタートカーっ!という絶望的な気分にならなくもない上条だが、それでも補習から解放される事はやっぱり嬉しい。
  上条は真正面の教卓を見る。
  そこには見た目一二歳、身長一三五センチの女教師、月詠小萌が教卓から顔だけ出す形で立っている。教卓の上にテキストを置いてしゃべっているのだが、あれなら自分の手で持った方がはるかに読みやすいのでは?と思う上条だった。
  「一九九二年にアメリカで再制定されたESPカード実験の必須条件ですがー、 カードの素材がビニール樹脂からABS樹脂に変更していますー。これはカードの表面につく指の脂、指紋によって裏返したカードの種類が分かってしまうというトリックに対するモノで―――って上条ちゃん、ちゃんと聞いてるですかー?」
  「……、いや先生。ちゃんと聞いてるけどさー、これって『力』と何が関係あんですか?」
  上条は無能力者(レベル0)である。  精巧無比な機械で測った結果、 あなたは頭の血管千切れるまで踏ん張たってスプーン一つ曲げられません、と言われてるのに『力』 が弱いから補習です、というのは何事かと上条は思う。
  と、小萌先生もその辺の矛盾に気づいているのか、口をへの字にして、
  「でもでも。力がないからと言って諦めてしまっては伸びるものも伸びないのです。ですからまずは『力』とはどうゆうものか、初歩の初歩から知識を学ぶ事で、自分なりの『力』の御し方が発見できるんではないかなーと小萌先生なりにですね」
  「先生」
  「はいー?」
  「……、なんか色々苦労してんですね。けど伸びないものは伸びませんよーだ」

Translated (First time translating, sorry if it sucks and I changed some parts)

The next day was tutoring as well.

It seems sorrow watching a student sitting in the middle of the classroom on a evening. At first Kamijou thought “Come on, is this an elementary school of a depopulated town?”, but as it goes on for 3 to 4 then 5 to 6 days, the brightness of his soul disappeared and tutoring only left him feeling sick of it.

But, that tutoring will be over in 2 days including today. Kamijou could of felt hopeless that “Summer break finally starts in August 22nd!?” ,but he was happy getting out of tutoring is after all.

Kamijou stared at the teacher's desk right in front of him.

There, the 12years old looking female teacher with the height of 135cm, Tsukuyomi Komoe stood there only showing her face. She is talking with her paper placed on the desk, but Kamijou questioned that why she put it on the desk. It should be far easier to read if she just hold the paper with her hand.

“So for the ESP card experiment's needed condition reinstituted by America in 1992,  カードの素材がビニール樹脂からABS樹脂に変更していますー。( don't know how to translate this part XP) By the finger prints on the card, they are able to figure out what the flipped down card is... hey Kamijouchan, are you listening?”

“......, no Komoe sensei. I am listening, but what does this do with powers?”

Kamijou is a level 0. By the check of a peerless machine, he was told that no matter how much effort he put it, he won't be even able to twist a single spoon, but it doesn't make sense how he get tutored because he is “weak”.

It looks like Komoe sensei seems to know about the contradiction and she says,

“But just because you don't have any power.If you give up, things you can achieve won't get achieved. So by learning the basic basics of power, I think that you can find the way of finding your very own skill”

“Sensei”

“Yes?”

“......, well you seem to be working very hard, but thing that can't get achieved won't be achieved.”

I would finish it if I am decent I guess, please help me translate that one part, and tell me if there is any errors.

Thank you.
Doraneko
Project Translator

Post by Doraneko »

Welcome! :)

I didn't see any major mistake, but would leave the proofreading to the native speakers. Frankly I'm not that good in English and don't feel like spoiling your work.

One minor part that caught my attention is your choice of translating テキスト as "paper." From the classroom context I'd say it is more like "textbook."

As for the untranslated line, 素材 means "material", ビニール樹脂 is "vinyl resin" and ABS樹脂 is "ABS resin". I guess you can figure out the remaining by yourself.

P.S. Visited your blog. It is certainly rare to see a non-Japanese anime fan having a Japanese blog. :wink:
My light novel review blog: ラノなの!@ novel.co.nr

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”