Poll: To Aru Majutsu no Index Chapter Titles

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

What format do you want the titles on the main page to follow?

Poll ended at Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:03 am

1) Author's English only (eg: FAIR,_Occasionally_GIRL.)
21%
2) Original LN titles (eg: イギリス清教 Anglican_Church.)
18%
3) Translated LN titles + Author's English (eg: Begin Action — The_Page_is_Opened.)
46%
4) Romanised version + Author's English (eg: Kōdō Kaishi. The_Page_is_Opened.)
No votes
5) Chapter 1, chapter 2, blah blah blah.
No votes
6) As they were last before the beginning of the edit war
14%

Total votes: 28

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Poll: To Aru Majutsu no Index Chapter Titles

Post by Teh_ping »

We'll need our own presentation guidelines then.
Suzuku
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Suzuku »

We need to come to an agreement on them first of course. So, everyone who is interested should throw out their idea of how to format the Japanese and English titles together in the discussion page and we can decide here. I've already put out mine.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Vaelis »

Suzuku wrote:The current format is just not a good way to display both the Japanese titles and the English titles, which was my problem with it in the first place. imo we should be discussing how to implement adding both titles now, since it seems the winning consensus will be that we should.
Sorry but you lost me here.
Where in option 3 is it said that we are displaying the Japanese title in Japanese?
Option 3 is the Japanese title translated into English and the English title of the Author, there is nothing in Japanese.
Personnally I don't want Japanese title in the main page.
In fact I think that two titles are already too much for the main page and that we could put the English title of the Author in the chapter page and not in the main page.
Suzuku
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Suzuku »

Vaelis wrote:
Suzuku wrote:The current format is just not a good way to display both the Japanese titles and the English titles, which was my problem with it in the first place. imo we should be discussing how to implement adding both titles now, since it seems the winning consensus will be that we should.
Sorry but you lost me here.
Where in option 3 is it said that we are displaying the Japanese title in Japanese?
Option 3 is the Japanese title translated into English and the English title of the Author, there is nothing in Japanese.
Personnally I don't want Japanese title in the main page.
In fact I think that two titles are already too much for the main page and that we could put the English title of the Author in the chapter page and not in the main page.
I meant Japanese title as in the main title and the English, I wasn't referring to Kanji. That said, as long as the format is tweaked to look decent I don't care whether the Kanji is kept or not.

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”