Some questions about my editing

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

SilverPhyX
Astral Realm

Re: Some questions about my editing

Post by SilverPhyX »

@Teh_ping

Well, like I've said, I'm doing things on a Word document, so I actually have 2 versions, one with the present tense maintained, the other changed into past tense. I go through one chapter from the original, do it in present tense, then copy that and change things into past tense. I haven't actually changed anything on the wiki yet. I just want to push on, so I just cover both bases so I can do editing on things that don't involve tense, such as the questions I've asked.
SilverPhyX
Astral Realm

Post by SilverPhyX »

In the Epilogue of Volume 7 of Index, what is this "fringe" that keeps popping up? For example, Kanzaki was stroking Kamijou's "fringe". Kanzaki was playing with her "fringe" when she was nervous.

What is that? It just does not seem right. What would most likely be there would be "hair" or something along those lines, but I have no idea if that is the case. Would someone please check that out?

Thank you very much,

SilverPhyX

EDIT: On, right, it has always been bothering me, but in the Prologue, why is St. George Cathedral referred to as the "former base" of Necessarius. I mean, I thought it was the current base? Also, the next line after that particular one, about "this has been no glamorous task, however" does not really make sense to me, and is rather disjoint. Is something missing?
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

1.Something more like 'the front portion of hair'

2. Yes, it was the 'former' base. Basically, almost everything's done in Canterbury, but the real power's in the SGC.

3. The 'this has been no glamorous task, however' certainly feels strange. It's more like how it wasn't easy to make it all the way here.
SilverPhyX
Astral Realm

Post by SilverPhyX »

@Teh_ping
Ah. Maybe "bangs" or just "hair" might be a good replacement for "fringe".

About the base. So, was it just that I was wrong and Necessarius is now based out of Canterbury, with the real power in SGC, or is the SGC the actual main base of Necessarius, and the way it's worded is just unclear? I thought SGC was the Necessarius' main base, so that was why I got confused.

Thanks for clearing stuff up, though!

SilverPhyX
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Well, how should I put this?

The 'active' base is in Canterbury, but SGC holds the 'real' power. Yes, Necessarius is still based in SGC, and has the most political power, but the main running of everyday affairs are still done in Canterbury, but most of the work is done in Canterbury
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Teh_ping wrote:Canterbury, but most of the work is done in Canterbury
Didnt you mean SGC?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

This is why I said that it's a bit hard to explain. It appears that most of the work (and really, it is) is done in Canterbury, but SGC basically oversees everything.

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”