Chrome Shelled Regios: Chinese or Japanese?

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

distantgeek
Astral Realm

Chrome Shelled Regios: Chinese or Japanese?

Post by distantgeek »

First post, so hello! I enjoyed Chrome Shelled Regios the anime, which is why I registered here, no one I know has a clue what it is! (even though the ending was way too abrupt. I think it should have been 10 episodes longer to completely cover what was condensed into like 4 >_<).

All I see is translations from Chinese, but I thought it was a Japanese series? I'm learning Japanese and was looking for a good novel series to read and practice on.

I'd love to read the novels, and am looking forward to the translated works, so props to that! I'd love to get my hands on some raws if there's any japanese ones available if they exist. Thoughts?
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Chrome Shelled Regios: Chinese or Japanese?

Post by blewin »

there's a rumour that there'll be a CSR second season. I hope it's true.
xstar translates from Japanese while Haze and I translate from Chinese (since we only know Chinese). The Chinese are pretty quick with their translations so the only other reliable source other than Jap is Chinese. There's plenty of Jap raw floating around.
xstar
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Chrome Shelled Regios: Chinese or Japanese?

Post by xstar »

Though I agree that this is a good novel series, it isn't in any stretch of the imagination an easy read in Japanese due to the huge load of obscure/unused Kanji and terms in the series that normally isn't used in Japanese at all. Just keep that in mind if you wish to start with this series.

If you'd like copies of the Jpn raws (whether text or in image files), we can help you if you'd like. Send me a PM with your email and I'll try to get back to you on means of downloading the Jpn raws.
死んでしまうなんてよくねえだろう。

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”