How much better is the novel vs the Anime

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

vermiliongrey
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

How much better is the novel vs the Anime

Post by vermiliongrey »

I tried watching the anime but dropped it cause it was a dumb shounen with no real qualities. However, it seems the light novel is pretty well regarded and has a big following.

So I'm wondering, how much better is the Novel compared to the anime? If I didn't like the anime is the novel worth reading?
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: How much better is the novel vs the Anime

Post by larethian »

vermiliongrey wrote:I tried watching the anime but dropped it cause it was a dumb shounen with no real qualities. However, it seems the light novel is pretty well regarded and has a big following.

So I'm wondering, how much better is the Novel compared to the anime? If I didn't like the anime is the novel worth reading?
If you are talking about Chrome Shelled:
Probably not. But it really depends on what you don't like about the anime.

For me, I enjoy the politics/schemes in Grendan, and the badassness of Heaven Blades' Receivers. What I don't like is Layfon's bouts of emo, some drear sections every now and then. My favorite characters are Felli (Tsundere) and Barmelin for her cussing. :lol:

If you are talking about Index:
Probably not. But it really depends on what you don't like about the anime.

For me, I enjoy the setup and scale of the world and story. What I don't like is the lack of development for some characters, the lack of past motivations in some characters due to the nature of the story. I'm still of 2 minds whether I really like or dislike Touma. My favorite characters are Accelerator (Tsundere) and Mikoto.
blewin
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by blewin »

I think in terms of details and characterisation, the novels are much better. I like the whole intrigue about the Heaven's Blades, Electronic Fairies. Just the whole mystery about the world of Regios, which can't be at all completed without the Legend series.

haha, same feelings here, larethian. At one time I got so fed up with Layfon that I wanted to drop CSR... just got so BORED translating his inner thoughts. (and I can't believe he's Still mulling over the same issue 15 volumes on :x )
Thenais
Astral Realm

Post by Thenais »

please keep up the good work !

layfon's emo moments sure are boring, and leerin's way of handling relationships makes me want to drop her from a very high cliff.
but i want to know when at long last layfon will man up and respond to felli's feelings for him.

so please don't drop it ! (just skip the boring part XD )
is there any means to help you ?
kuroneko
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by kuroneko »

Layfon just doesn't get it and its just keep going on.
Visit my site for the highest-quality ePubs. Each are meticulously crafted by hand, not automated, not converted.

Polyaness.com

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”