New to LNs, couple questions...

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

RedShadoww
Astral Realm

New to LNs, couple questions...

Post by RedShadoww »

I'm sort of new to the whole Light Novel thing (more used to manga) but I recently started reading To Aru Majutsu no Index and finished New Testament volume 3. Was just wondering why NT volume 4 is broken up like "Main.01, Sub.02, Sub.03, etc" unlike the other ones? Also does Baka-Tsuki wait for the entire light novel to be released before translating or do they translate it in parts? Do they translate it at random times like when they're free or right when it comes out? How long does the full light novel generally take to release? And how long does it generally take for Baka-Tsuki to translate it?
stellarroze
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: New to LNs, couple questions...

Post by stellarroze »

RedShadoww wrote:I'm sort of new to the whole Light Novel thing (more used to manga) but I recently started reading To Aru Majutsu no Index and finished New Testament volume 3. Was just wondering why NT volume 4 is broken up like "Main.01, Sub.02, Sub.03, etc" unlike the other ones?
No idea. I haven't read it yet.
Also does Baka-Tsuki wait for the entire light novel to be released before translating or do they translate it in parts?
What exactly do you mean? :?:
Do they translate it at random times like when they're free or right when it comes out?
We translate whenever we have free time.
How long does the full light novel generally take to release?
If you mean the original japanese volume, then it can take anywhere between two weeks and five years. :)
And how long does it generally take for Baka-Tsuki to translate it?
It depends on the translator and the number of translators working on it.

:)
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Also, don't think of Baka-Tsuki as a translation group with schedules and all. It's just a ''platform'' where people (with too much spare time :P) can put their translations up because they're nice. There are lazy bums like me who can take forever for a light novel, and there are ridiculously fast monsters (excuse the expression) who dash through those novels like a knife through butter. :D
RedShadoww
Astral Realm

Post by RedShadoww »

stellarroze wrote:
RedShadoww wrote: Also does Baka-Tsuki wait for the entire light novel to be released before translating or do they translate it in parts?
What exactly do you mean? :?:
Um...I thought the light novels got released in parts or something in a magazine...guess I was wrong :?

Thanks stellarroze and EusthEnoptEron, I appreciate it :mrgreen:

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”