The order of reading all the novels.

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

lolipedofin
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

The order of reading all the novels.

Post by lolipedofin »

Hi guys, I'm just starting to read the novels and trying to catch up but confused on the order. So, can anyone help me list the order of reading all the novels, including the main series, SS, SP, SS:Railgun, the other sidestories novels, parodies, etc.

Someone told me that it's probably best to read them according to their publication timeline, but the only info of publishing dates I found were only for the main series, SS1, SS2, and New Testament.

I know that the parodies are more likely to be ok to be read whenever, and some of the side stories as well... But I just want to avoid any possibility of spoilers or any plot points that has yet to be breached in the main series being mentioned in them.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks! :D
ultranova17
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: The order of reading all the novels.

Post by ultranova17 »

For the main series, just read it in the order on the BT page, 1-13, SS1, 14-16, SS2, 17-22.
Before starting New Testament, you should read both the SP and Norse Mythology side stories, since they have some stuff that NT will touch upon. The other side stories aren't as important to the main series plot, so they can pretty much be read at any time.
Ecchi
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ecchi »

Sorry to revive this. I'm currently at v19. So all side stories (long/short) are before New Testament except for Toaru Majutsu no Index: New Testament SS, right? Plan to read them beiore NT. When is New Testament SS supposed to be read chronologically?
ultranova17
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ultranova17 »

Ecchi wrote:Sorry to revive this. I'm currently at v19. So all side stories (long/short) are before New Testament except for Toaru Majutsu no Index: New Testament SS, right? Plan to read them beiore NT. When is New Testament SS supposed to be read chronologically?
Despite being a New Testament side story, NTSS doesn't really need to be read during NT. If you really want a spot to read it, I'd suggest reading it either after NT6 or NT7.
Ecchi
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ecchi »

^Ok thanks will do that :)

Return to “Chrome Shelled Regios & Toaru Majutsu no Index - New Testament”