Monetary Donations in Exchange for Translations?

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

BustyLoliChan
Astral Realm

Monetary Donations in Exchange for Translations?

Post by BustyLoliChan »

I genuinely enjoy reading this series and I'm very thankful to each respective translator for working as hard as he or she has on this series. I understand that the translators take time out of their busy days to selflessly translate this novel for us linguistically impaired people. Now, that being said, please understand that I'm not trying in any way to be rude or disrespectful when I suggest the following.

Basically, if possible, I would like to donate 50 USD (I know it's not a lot) to be divided amongst the people who translate the largest majority of the novel, provided it will persuade them to work on the novel a little more.

I know it's not a lot of money (it might even be an insultingly low amount, if so I'm sorry) but if it is possible and it works out, it is something I would highly consider doing again in the future.

Is this something that the project translators would be interested in?
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Monetary Donations in Exchange for Translations?

Post by Teh_ping »

Well, you can't always get what you want. Let me explain why your proposal won't work

First, I have the impression that you think that Baka-Tsuki is a fansub group. That's wrong. What Baka-Tsuki is is a fan-translation community. In other words, Baka-Tsuki is a place where rag-tag translators upload their work. I'm sorry to tell you, but as this isn't a fansub group, we do not put up advertisements for hiring translators, editors and proof readers anywhere because each project we have here are contributed to by the translator(s) working on the series. They are all freelancers, which means that no, we don't control what they work on, what their timeframe would be, what speed they should be translating at, whether it's 1 page per month or 50 pages a day. The translators have their own speeds, and they are doing it for free, but they are not accountable to us. For further references, please view this page: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... suki:About

Secondly, donations. We don't do donations here on Baka-Tsuki. Over here, the bare minimum costs required to maintain the website and forums are provided by Big Boss, a.k.a. TheLastGuardian and the few adverts we had on the website. Our policy is that since we are uploading translations for free onto the wiki, we do not take any money for our services because it would be like taking credit for somebody else's work. That's why you see that the wiki here uses only the bare minimum features and does not use special effects for the website.

In other words, though we are grateful for your hope to donate to us in other to motivate us, it won't work because of these two factors. Thank you.
rpapo
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Monetary Donations in Exchange for Translations?

Post by rpapo »

And don't forget the fact that accepting money for what we do would make our legal thin ice even thinner than it already is . . .

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”