Accel World

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Kai Ding
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Accel World

Post by Kai Ding »

Sorry for the long wait people, part 1 of Vol.7 Chapter 1 is done and undergoing editing via the friends route, will hand over to baka editors within a few days.

Preparing for multiple tests right now so part 2 of said chapter will come out in roughly 3 weeks or so.
HimekoTachibana
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HimekoTachibana »

An anonymous translator from /a/ has translated Volume 6 Chapter 2 and almost done with Chapter 3. Unfortunately I don't believe he's planning on finishing the rest of Volume 6 because Chapter 2+3 were requests by /a/ but would his translations be good enough for BT? Or do they need to be edited?

[link removed]
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

Baka-Tsuki wouldn't mind hosting the script, the editing can be done after it put up here. But the final decision is from the original translator if he/she wishes to let the work be posted here or not.

Regarding the warning on main Accel World project page about the website stealing the works and trying to make profit. Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion, but I think we shouldn't add that website url at all, it'll only lead to more traffic to the website in question. I did a quick search on google using phrase "Accel World Novel" and the first result is already our project page, so I think not many Accel World fans will stumble into that website unless they're given the url, which we DO give it in that warning.
HimekoTachibana
Kyonist

BeginnerXP wrote:Baka-Tsuki wouldn't mind hosting the script, the editing can be done after it put up here. But the final decision is from the original translator if he/she wishes to let the work be posted here or not.
The translator from /a/ has already stated that he allows it. http://archive.foolz.us/a/thread/70929447/#70965523
>>70965523
I absolutely don't mind at all, as long as I don't have to deal with people myself. I'm not sure they'll pass their guidelines, though. I can assert the meaning is correct, but unlike their straight literal translations I changed little things, like giving Niko a more informal speech pattern, or at one point when Raker said the same line in three different points and I didn't use the direct translation for any of them, as I tought it didn't convey the patronizing tone. I also only put in onomatopoeia when I thought it sounded natural, and one time I replaced "Itadakimasu". So, you know, at your own risk.

>>70966541
Also, I know I said changed, but I want to stress that I never changed the meaning, before people start thinking I fooled them into reading fanfiction. Everything I changed was to improve context or to make it flow better, and at least in my eyes it does flow better than what I saw from their stuff (barring spelling).
BeginnerXP wrote:Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion, but I think we shouldn't add that website url at all, it'll only lead to more traffic to the website in question
I agree with this.
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

In that case, please feel free to upload the scripts up to the project, our main restriction about the script is we don't want machine translated ones, if he/she is confident in the accuracy of the script then it's perfectly fine to be hosted here.
HimekoTachibana
Kyonist

BeginnerXP wrote:In that case, please feel free to upload the scripts up to the project, our main restriction about the script is we don't want machine translated ones, if he/she is confident in the accuracy of the script then it's perfectly fine to be hosted here.
Ah, I've been wondering how to do that, been searching around but I can't really figure out where to put the script.

I can't PM here yet so please message me on A-S so I can ask you questions. Thank you.
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php? ... _messaging
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

BeginnerXP wrote:Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion, but I think we shouldn't add that website url at all, it'll only lead to more traffic to the website in question.
While having the url there may give it more traffic, it does serve to highlight the website committing the offense. This is something unavoidable given the nature of websites. Maybe the translators working on this series would like to voice their opinions.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Alright, just to make a quick pit stop. (Tests coming up tomorrow, lasting through the week...)

@Himeko, you can leave the messages at the talk page here for the time being: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ccel_World. People will check through that.

@Beginner, KuroiHikari, I don't think we should leave the link. Once they get the message and actually go there, they will understand where we're coming from with this. Please take care of the project for the time being while I'm away.

PS: I don't think I'll be around for the next two weeks to translate SAO v10, but just leave that one to me.

PS2: Now...will someone please format the Accel World chapters properly...? ...It's like I'm seeing The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger here...
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

The main reason I think we should removing the link is because of the ads on that website (I didn't see them as I'm running ad blocker), which would increase the revenue the more traffic the website gets, if it's only donation button alone then I think it's perfectly fine to give the URL with a warning that the website is stealing from us.

I already formatted the 2 chapters of volume 6, fortunately HimikoTachibana gave the link to the pastebin source, or else it'd be hell to anyone attempt to format it :lol:
Xplorer30
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

If that anon guy can translate like that while retaining all the meaning, then good for him. The reason my stuff is so literal is that it is a lot easier for me this way, since I don't have to spend like 5-10 minute thinking up the English equvialent for every sentence.

But sigh, guess due to my busy schedual and stuff, this project will get shot with random chapter holes. Hard to avoid unless you are Teh Ping or Code Zero.

As for that link, I am going to remove it from the project front page for now. If we are so high on the google search, placing it there is like doing advertising for that site. If BT admins really want to place it there again, then that will force me to ignore it.
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

Accel World becomes very popular with the airing of anime, so it can't be helped about the random chapter holes. But I think it'll help catching up to the latest novel become easier with this many translators working on this project now.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Xplorer30 wrote:As for that link, I am going to remove it from the project front page for now. If we are so high on the google search, placing it there is like doing advertising for that site. If BT admins really want to place it there again, then that will force me to ignore it.
I've removed the link and kept the warning, unless you want that down too.

I would say Accel World's theme is rather mainstream, thus the anime fits the taste of most people, as compared to the other animes airing.
kotelo
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by kotelo »

What if I want to translate from english to another language and put it in the project page?
Xplorer30
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

The link advertising that site was what bothered me the most. As any star can tell you, bad fame is still fame. The warning is a bit of eyesore, but guess I can live with it if most people want it there.

I am not sure how alt. languages work, but I think you just make a page in your language and work on it? Other people can answer you better.

And if anyone is counting, a day or three more till volume 3 chapter 13 is done. It will take one whole day for me to just go over the 64 raw pages of my translation. Wonder if I should put in some temp part breaks to make it easier for editors, since this chapter is all in one huge part.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

kotelo wrote:What if I want to translate from english to another language and put it in the project page?
Just take a look here.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”