[spoilers?]Anybody else disappointed with Volume 9 of SAO?

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

d34thw1ng
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: [spoilers?]Anybody else disappointed with Volume 9 of SA

Post by d34thw1ng »

the off topic about where lies the soul using a scientific method was really interesting...
ideal and real freedom (from the point of the author) was refreshing .

ofc about a world utterly divided (just 2 hours of walk and u are in the "other zone") was disappointing (but meh all and all it is still and rpg)

but over all i give it 8/10 (without comparing), if u want to compare it with sao it fell to 6/10 but prolonging so much a series makes it fall to the end...
forsaken by god , humans are bound to the hands of the devil. reality is that god never exist , and when humans thinks they are forgotten they just abandon rationality
Kuroiikawa
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kuroiikawa »

Personally, I can't wait for the Alicization Arc to end. It's sorta boring and I wanted to see Kirito interact with real people, not figments of his imagination. Not to mention the lack of Asuna and therefore the lack of Kirito/Asuna. -__-
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ben1234 »

Except SAO will most likely end after Alicization and they're not figments of his imagnation :roll:
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

firestalker5 wrote:
Tap wrote:Anyway, if you notice, the chapters in volume 9 are prologues, with the last being chapter 1.
This is the mere beginning of the arc, so revealing everything would be pretty silly.
I wasn't really thinking he had to reveal everything, but at least maybe a little blurb at the end with Asuna holding his hand as he's in a the machine. Maybe have the beeping of a heart monitor going on in the background. You can take a page or two at the end of the volume to describe the scene and have a few one lines of Asuna speaking to him... See nothing really revealed except that he ain't dead yet. I could move on with the story happy.

But like I said it's personal preference... I prefer to have a least a hint of a good thing.
Asuna can't hold his hand because
Spoiler! :
Before she knew it, Kirito was smuggled out of the hospital
Anonymous192
Mikuru's Master

Post by Anonymous192 »

@ Firestalker5 This is from a while back, but you did spell «AmuSphere» wrong, not trying to be picky or anything, just helpful[?] correction. :D

Anonymous 192
Newbs
Astral Realm

Post by Newbs »

so what will happen anyway, I started to read the novel and keep at it until just now finished volume 9.
I'm so interested in volume 10!!
Shadowhearts
Astral Realm

Post by Shadowhearts »

Honestly, Volume 9 was definitely interesting once you realized what the hell was going on.
I actually skipped the first half of the story, and read the second half, then read the first half again (being the part where Kirito is in that world and has no knowledge of his background).

Anyway, I actually found Volume 8 a lot more disappointing because it was yet another backtrack to the past Sword Art Online...
That "murder-mystery" story was like a total waste of time for me considering it was trying to do what "Detective Conan" does on a weekly basis, except a lot weaker.

The Second Half of Volume 9's story kind of started off slow admitedly to a point, but I feel like that tends to or just can be the case with any sort of starting of an arc. It just so happens that the story for this arc is being developed so much that really, seems like Volume 10 could be anything but disappointing.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Shadowhearts wrote:Honestly, Volume 9 was definitely interesting once you realized what the hell was going on.
I can't agree more with that.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
hikkikomori no aria
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]

Post by hikkikomori no aria »

i was also a bit reluctant after reading the first few pages of prologue 1 of volume 9 and jumped right to the next prologue ii. :lol:
i was squealing 'kya~ kya~' as i read it, and when finally reached the part where kazuto's heart stopped i was like 'Kazuto! shinu na~~!!!' i even got yelled at by my parents for being noisy. and then when i read the next chapter, knowing that he dived again & using STL, i know in an instant that he's somehow alive. i feel like yelling 'give me back my tears!' but then again, it was part of the entertainment.

i do notice that this arc is developed really carefully, but i agree with the statement above, it's kinda... how do i say it, there is a little too many unnecessary detail. so it gets boring in the first pages, but after going through it twice [due to my silly act of skipping chapters], i can close it with 'ah, what an interesting story'. i'm waiting in tip toe for volume 10 and even more fidgeting after reading some spoilers, haha :D

but really, i think this arc is really the best for closing this series. grand and meaningful adventure, a very emotional piece~
SAO has become the greatest masterpiece in my reading history, in term of novel of course, it will definitely become something i won't forget even after tens of years. it will be great if more people read this.
To be, or not to be, that is the question
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
gn_x00
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

Spoiler! :
somehow this image really got me when I read it. I find it really beautiful
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

gn_x00 wrote:somehow this image really got me when I read it. I find it really beautiful
I wholeheartedly agree with you. They really did a great job placing the image there.
hikkikomori no aria wrote:SAO has become the greatest masterpiece in my reading history, in term of novel of course, it will definitely become something i won't forget even after tens of years. it will be great if more people read this.
This can't be more true.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

I have to say, if you call it a masterpiece, you really don't read many LNs. It's a rather interesting read, but not amongst the best.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Agreed. It's good, but nowhere near masterpiece level as some people would think.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Teh_ping wrote:I have to say, if you call it a masterpiece, you really don't read many LNs. It's a rather interesting read, but not amongst the best.
ben1234 wrote:Agreed. It's good, but nowhere near masterpiece level as some people would think.
Well, please translate this masterpiece of yours then :mrgreen: Since in my opinion, SAO is among the best series translated in BT.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

arczyx wrote:
Teh_ping wrote:I have to say, if you call it a masterpiece, you really don't read many LNs. It's a rather interesting read, but not amongst the best.
ben1234 wrote:Agreed. It's good, but nowhere near masterpiece level as some people would think.
Well, please translate this masterpiece of yours then :mrgreen: Since in my opinion, SAO is among the best series translated in BT.
Can't...it's licensed...it's called Zaregoto...

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”