Poll for Teh_ping (SAO version)

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Ushio-chan
Astral Realm

Re: Poll for Teh_ping (SAO version)

Post by Ushio-chan »

Vote for SAO. The romantic story of Kirito and Asuna is one of the best I've ever read and I'm dying to know how it'll develop.
Moratorius
Astral Realm

Post by Moratorius »

+1. I have a particular fondness for virtual worlds, and Kawahara has done a great job of imagining such worlds.
Veruz
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!
Location: 01000111 01110010 01100101 01100101 01100011 01100101

Post by Veruz »

Totally voting for this one. I love SAO since the first volume and really want to see the rest translated, since it seems stuff starts to get really interesting~
Arxos
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Arxos »

The reason I vote for SAO is the exact same reason as Moratorius. I like virtual world stories, and Kawahara has an amazing ability to depict such worlds, better than any other virtual world based story I've ever read.

And even though I'm no doubt not meant to argue in a thread like this I can't help myself
Allecrast wrote:coz it's a truth that ppl start losing interest in novels when it's becoming an anime, for ex tsukaima, shakugan, even haruhi. etc etc >.<
Writer of Tsukaima is pants. (I read all translated novels, but I still very much think so considering they haven't really progressed their relationship at all due to MISUNDERSTANDINGS)
Shakugan is a living hell to translate and was licensed for a long period of time. (still is, technically)
Haruhi got licensed.

Just look at Index, it only sped up and a fair number of projects were started after the anime was finished airing because people wanna see how it continues. (and on an unrelated note, I don't want SAO to get an anime cause they'll mess up on it, I'm sure :cry:)
nagareboshi
Astral Realm

Post by nagareboshi »

I vote for SAO because I love this series and will very much like to see the rest translated so everyone can enjoy it's awesomeness. :)
CreepTwine
Astral Realm

Post by CreepTwine »

My vote:SAO for sure. I think I'm being selfish since there are sure to be others wanting another to be translated. However, I really want to know if Kirito is that girl looking character in Vol5,6 and basically, this story has already enthralled me thus far. I would really hope to see this arc to the end and hopefully before i get conscripted into the army.:]
Ty for your efforts and have a nice trip or so i saw somewhere :X
hnryirawan
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hnryirawan »

Vote for SAO. I like the novel but the updates is too slow
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by jonathanasdf »

Voting for SAO here too. Compared to most of the other LNs, I can relate to this one much much more.
M.A.D
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by M.A.D »

OMG, this has been here since September and I've just learned of it?

Oh, wait, I haven't read SAO back in September.

EDIT: I've just realized that my reasons are the same as everybody else, namely, the story and the character(s). You can skip to the last bit if you like ^^ (In fact, I recommend it, to save time)

But anyway, after much consideration, I'm favouring this LN over ZnT. I'll apologise to myself later, but that is my choice. Why? Because in fair comparison, (1)Kirito makes a much better main character, one that's a little close to Marty Stu but otherwise is the kind of dream hero that I really love. Disregarding his personal skills, Kirito's characterization as a person is amazing well done, so well that if I were a girl, I'd probably fall for him too.

This leads to reason (2)This guy has a legitimate harem in my point of view. Unlike many other heroes, his personality and manner and etiquette and power has merited him a harem. Allow me to emphasise on this point, because in all of the stories that I have come across so far, manga or LN or otherwise, this is the first character I've seen whose heroines weren't in love with him due to a random reason. They all had stories with him, things that made them fall in love with him, and not just something the author dropped in just to explain how they came to like him in the first place. This opinion of mine is very bias, but it's the way I see it.

And then there is (3)the story. The simple words that I'd use to describe it would be "dramatically beautiful", or "beautifully dramatic", I can't pick one. The plot does have its share of holes, as do even the best works among works. But what made it beautiful is the story-telling, which includes a range of flavours from drama to fluffy romance, to tragedy, and then to bittersweet endings. What is more, the settings of the plot allows an unlimited possibilities for creations of stories. Already, I have seen 3 different worlds in only 4-and-a-half volumes, and I'm hungry for more.

So there you have it, my top reasons for asking you to translate this series. They're probably all opinionated, but they're my opinions. Heed them or otherwise

But in the end, whichever series you would choose to translate, you have my thanks, for your time and hard works.

Yours, truly

M
guardianknight
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by guardianknight »

Just started reading this series yesterday and couldn't stop until I finished volume 4. I really really want to see the end (even though its not even written yet) and just see what develops with Kirito and Asuna as their life goes on. Personally I want them to get married for real, but more than that I want to read it and see what happens. Also I enjoy the other characters like Egil and Cline. Kinda hoping they show up more in the later volumes.
TheJackal
Astral Realm

Post by TheJackal »

Vote For SAO, I just finish volume 4 today and quickly want to read more :D

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”