Accel World

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Elan Tedronai
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Accel World

Post by Elan Tedronai »

thank you!!
Nihil
Astral Realm

Post by Nihil »

The First wrote:i suppose i'll give translating the rest of 6 a try though i really cba to follow the guidelines since xplorer translated from japanese and i'll translate from chinese theres going to be differences and i cba to retranslate everything from chapter 1, so depending on the situation i may stop part way so i suggest you not get ur hopes up.
°w° my bad I alredy did

At least vol 06 would be great! Thx at least for the intention :D
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Ushwood »

The First wrote: for those who know is 小 -chan?
no, it's "small". For example, 川 "river", 小川 "brook".
May be also part of a name (girl's usually), in this case is read "ko".
The First
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

so should i translate 小,小,小謠 as u, u, utai-ko cause that sounds wierd or u, u, utai which disregards the 小 but reads better and it also follows xplorer's use of utai without any suffixes
Baka Tsuki username: Heikichi
Kai Ding
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kai Ding »

The First wrote:so should i translate 小,小,小謠 as u, u, utai-ko cause that sounds wierd or u, u, utai which disregards the 小 but reads better and it also follows xplorer's use of utai without any suffixes
小謠 should be translated as Utai-chan.

I used to translate from the chinese version while cross-referencing it with the japanese version. All I can say is that some of the chinese translators took way too many liberties with some of the terms, it made cross-referencing really slow

As to '小,小,小謠', U,U, Utai-chan should be good

PS : Uni exams are officially over, expect the rest of Vol 7 over the next 2 months or so
The First
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by The First »

Kai Ding wrote:小謠 should be translated as Utai-chan.

I used to translate from the chinese version while cross-referencing it with the japanese version. All I can say is that some of the chinese translators took way too many liberties with some of the terms, it made cross-referencing really slow

PS : Uni exams are officially over, expect the rest of Vol 7 over the next 2 months or so
kk, thx. Also translation is gonna be slow for a little while; i need to read the previous chapters to try make the terms consistant.

Is there a page with all the terms so i can just use that as a reference. i mean places like 草原舞台 is "meadow stage" to me but i don't know whether its what others use as well.
Baka Tsuki username: Heikichi
Kai Ding
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kai Ding »

The First wrote:kk, thx. Also translation is gonna be slow for a little while; i need to read the previous chapters to try make the terms consistant.

Is there a page with all the terms so i can just use that as a reference. i mean places like 草原舞台 is "meadow stage" to me but i don't know whether its what others use as well.

We never bothered to make one for all of the terms, any questions as to how to translate certain parts are posted on a 'Format, Style, Names & Terminology' thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=5597
the rest of the translators and editors will usually help you reach an agreement over the most appropriate translation
We found it easier to translate everything according to how we think they should be translated first and edit afterwards to fit consistency.
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Post by Ushwood »

4-8
He had walked away at a fast pace while rubbing that place with his right hand as if it were in pain.
It was left hand.
Eternal Dreamer
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Eternal Dreamer »

Ushwood wrote:4-8
He had walked away at a fast pace while rubbing that place with his right hand as if it were in pain.
It was left hand.
Huh, must have missed that in the original text. Good job finding that little detail.
NIhil
Astral Realm

Post by NIhil »

Kai Ding wrote:
The First wrote:so should i translate 小,小,小謠 as u, u, utai-ko cause that sounds wierd or u, u, utai which disregards the 小 but reads better and it also follows xplorer's use of utai without any suffixes
小謠 should be translated as Utai-chan.

Great new!! It's really apreciated (>.o)b
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Post by Ushwood »

4-9
For example, if he specified to Dive in at 5 PM at first and then postponed it enough until several seconds after that, a timespan of one week would pass by inside the field during that interval.
It's ten minutes, not "several seconds".
After confirming that Noumi had disappeared from the school building, Haruyuki leaned against the trunk of a nearby tree and spoke with thought-speech.
Disappeared into the school building, I guess. Since they talked in the courtyard.
We’ll extend the time by 10 minutes at the lowest and a total of one hour at the highest
十回 is ten times. And I guess it's "no less than an hour"...
Eternal Dreamer
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Ushwood wrote:4-9
For example, if he specified to Dive in at 5 PM at first and then postponed it enough until several seconds after that, a timespan of one week would pass by inside the field during that interval.
It's ten minutes, not "several seconds".
After confirming that Noumi had disappeared from the school building, Haruyuki leaned against the trunk of a nearby tree and spoke with thought-speech.
Disappeared into the school building, I guess. Since they talked in the courtyard.
We’ll extend the time by 10 minutes at the lowest and a total of one hour at the highest
十回 is ten times. And I guess it's "no less than an hour"...
Hmm, good job finding those little mistakes. As for the second one, it's a bit vague, but "into" should probably work.
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Post by Ushwood »

4-9
everything would be over after only three to six seconds in the real world.
I guess it's 3.6 second. Since it's exactly an hour.
Eternal Dreamer
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Ushwood wrote:4-9
everything would be over after only three to six seconds in the real world.
I guess it's 3.6 second. Since it's exactly an hour.
Hmm, missed that. Good job finding it.
theUnbreakableSky
Project Translator

Post by theUnbreakableSky »

Elan Tedronai wrote:Well, does that mean nobody is going to finish translating what is already out? Because Yen press has a history of taking for bloody ever to publish anything. I swear, them licensing something is like the death knell sometimes. Because then nobody else is willing to translate it, and you are going to be waiting for hell to freeze over for them to finish putting them out.

I know everyone here is doing this out of the kindness of their heart, and I assure you that nobody appreciates it more than I do...but I just hope that not everyone will give up on it before the time runs out.
YP is slow? Hmm...

I have about 10% of V9.1 translated, hopefully I can get it completed this week (:

Oh and The First, I'm translating from Chinese, cross-referring to the Japanese. That's how I'm doing it for V11 at least, because I only have Chinese V9 in Traditional Chinese too.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”