Sword Art Online - PDF/EPUB/MOBI Versions

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online - PDF/EPUB/MOBI Versions

Post by BeginnerXP »

Well, I actually want to know readers opinion about the way I did with image translations. By not removing original JP text and just put translated lines nearby, it is very time consuming to remove those JP lines (1-2 hour per image). I'm quite satisfy with the result but I still want to hear what other people think, please feel free to share your thought. (You can see example in first image below)

Regarding Simon's comment about table of contents (ToC). It is already embedded in the PDFs but not as the visible pages like in the text books. My reason is it unsightly and not really necessary, I chose to let MS Word creating hidden ToC by using multiple header levels I used in the document. Most reader apps/applications should be able to acknowledge and display hidden ToC properly, here are a few examples:

iBunkoHD (iPad)

GoodReader (iPad)

iBooks (iPad)

Abode Acrobat Reader (Windows)
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Could you upload the translated images somewhere. If possible ?
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

I uploaded maps used in vol.4 & 6 to wiki, but not the rests of the images because I think it's not appropriate, with the original JP text still present.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Thanks for the info about invisible TOC. Have never noticed. Now I can remove the terrible TOC page.
It works in ePUB too. The file is named toc.ncx it contains the whole data about toc.

Another question: how big should the images be? Now they have only 33% width of the screen/medium and I thought it would be better to have 40%. What do you think ?
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

The image size, to me, is not matter. Because iBooks will display image at full screen size when double tapping on it. I don't know about other reader apps though.

And 33% vs 40% isn't much different too, you should stick to the size you think looks best. Well, we make these ebook files for personal use and decided to share them for people who prefer to read offline anyway.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

BeginnerXP wrote:And 33% vs 40% isn't much different too, you should stick to the size you think looks best. Well, we make these ebook files for personal use and decided to share them for people who prefer to read offline anyway.
I agree. its for personal use. But somehow I get a better feeling about them when they meet some standard.

It's like having all books and games ordered neatly and you room is am mess. As long the books are ordered everything is ok.
Spoiler! :
One of these days I need to clean my room. ^^
Ilceren
Astral Realm

Post by Ilceren »

Simon, I've dowloaded your Epub and Mobi versions and they are nice. My Kidle displays them just good, so I'd like to thank you for them.

Also, I have a little suggestion. I've noticed that in the first volume you've placed the chapter 16.5 just after chapter 16. But it happens that 16.5 takes place in the middle of chapter 16, so it kinda disrupts the reading flow. Maybe you could divide chapter 16 in two (16 and 16 cont., or something) and place chapter 16.5 between them.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Ilceren wrote: I have a little suggestion
It would be good but this is how it was written.

I can do it. It can be inserted here
Spoiler! :
Page 142
I hurried to kneel down on the ground before her and apologized endlessly. It took several minutes before I finally managed to calm her down.

A single candle atop of the table stayed burning, its thin rays of light made Asuna’s skin glow faintly as she slept in my arms. I ran a finger gently down her white back; the warm and smooth feeling that traveled up from my fingertips was absolutely intoxicating
What do you all think ?
Any suggestions ?
Ilceren
Astral Realm

Post by Ilceren »

[quote="Simon"]It would be good but this is how it was written. [/quote]
Really? I remember having read it just as Sharramon was working on it and Chapter 16 was just one. He then took out Chapter 16.5 for it to be safe.
And yes, the contents of Chapter 16.5 would go in the place you pointed. IIRC, that is.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Ok, done. I merged the chapter 16 and 16.5. Thank you for the info.

+ I found out that there was one point missing in the TOC. Added "Author Notes".

If you would like to test then download it again.

Edit: If there is something else, just tell me.
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

Well, a small information.

The chapter 16.5 doesn't exist in the printed version, it was a special chapter the author wrote and hid from public view on his personal website, but it got widespread on the internet due to its content. So to follow the original (printed version), the volume shouldn't include the 16.5.
For my PDFs, I made Ex version with 16.5 included due to readers' request, but my personal version doesn't include that chapter.
Naeko
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Naeko »

The author's 16.5 included scenes for Asuna, Lizbet, etcetera. So there's quite a few people in the game experiencing it with the ethics set to off. Since Japan has lots of those "entertainment clubs", I wonder if SAO will have a future volume with those appearing on one of the upper level cities.... Or maybe the author will have to make another X.5 chapter later. Entrepreneurship for credits is going to happen sooner or later among all the games that allow characters to transfer. What may happen is that an entrepreneural company would form that would have several characters on each major game. Then, a character that wanted "goods" on a different game s/he was transferring to would exchange her current goods to the company's avatar in the current game. An equivalent value would be created and assigned on the company's avatar in the other game and that char would then transfer available gear and funds to the transferred character.
Ilceren
Astral Realm

Post by Ilceren »

[quote="BeginnerXP"]Well, a small information.

The chapter 16.5 doesn't exist in the printed version, it was a special chapter the author wrote and hid from public view on his personal website, but it got widespread on the internet due to its content. So to follow the original (printed version), the volume shouldn't include the 16.5.[/quote]
I felt like a mixture of Rumia and Cirno after reading that, for a moment. Totally never heard of it.
I don't mind having eroscenes in my e-books (even if it ends up being awkward when someone asks me to show them the book), I just want them as complete as they can be. If the eroscene fits in the place, even if it was written afterwards, then I'd prefer for it to be included in the book.

Lol, so there are more eroscenes for other characters too. I thought it was strange for there to be eroscenes in just the first book and absolutely none in the following ones.
BeginnerXP
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BeginnerXP »

Ilceren wrote:Lol, so there are more eroscenes for other characters too. I thought it was strange for there to be eroscenes in just the first book and absolutely none in the following ones.
As far as I know, the SAO gaiden x2, which is an addition to chapter 16.5 was written by the author and sold to the highest bidder in a certain event, I never read it but it seemed there's a Chinese translated version floating on the internet. But I can't understand Chinese so this is all I know.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

I'm changing all pictures in all ePUBs to be displayed in full size.
EDIT: Done.

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”