Sword Art Online

General discussion related to these two novel series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

octapusxft
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Sword Art Online

Post by octapusxft »

I wonder if the Yen Press people will manage to reach to where BT stopped before the anime catches up. Judging from how fast the second season was announced after the first one, I think the anime will win.
Well if they do manage to do it, then I hope they will also sell e-book editions cause I am a fan of books not taking physical space
Always wondering why do translators go AWOL?
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Lery »

No, they won't. ^^'

Yen Press publishes at most 3 books a year, for their already successful ongoing series... But given SAO potential, I guess they will try to publish SAO on the same rhythm, which means : April, August and December releases.

So, the anime will obviously have finished airing before they even reach GGO arc's books. :o
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
octapusxft
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by octapusxft »

Lery wrote:No, they won't. ^^'

Yen Press publishes at most 3 books a year, for their already successful ongoing series... But given SAO potential, I guess they will try to publish SAO on the same rhythm, which means : April, August and December releases.

So, the anime will obviously have finished airing before they even reach GGO arc's books. :o
The anime might even have reached and finished the alicization arc by the time that Yen press does GGO and side stories. I would not had expected the slowest of the professional translators to be slower than the fastest of the volunteer translators. Are they maybe trying to translate many many different series with very very few people?
Always wondering why do translators go AWOL?
calem
Astral Realm

Post by calem »

Yay for waiting 4? years to get to read volume 13, and another year or two to read and conclude the Alicization arc.

Wouldn't it be possible to continue to provide the translated works and host them until the licenced volume of the same is released? it would save several years of frustration for anybody who cannot read Japanese and relies on your translations.
TUSF
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TUSF »

So the SAO 14 Preview text is apparently out.
Could someone translate it?
Spoiler! :
「キリト……あとは、頼んだ、ぞ……。世界を……人々を……守っ……て……」
《公理教会》の象徴である白亜の塔《セントラル・カセドラル》。
隔離された大図書室の賢者《カーディナル》の助けを借り、
ユージオは整合騎士となってしまったアリスを《本当の姿》に戻すため、
キリトはこのアンダーワールドの消滅を回避するため、最高司祭《アドミニストレータ》の待つカセドラル最上階、一〇〇階を目指す。
しかし予期せぬアクシデントが重なり、登塔中にキリトとユージオは離ればなれになってしまう。
キリトは塔の外壁に投げ出されながらも、整合騎士アリスと一時的に共闘を約し、戦線に復帰、
塔の内部を進んでいるであろうユージオの後を追う。
そして到達した九十九階。
キリトとアリスの前に現れたのは、整合騎士の鎧に身を包み、瞳に冷たい光を浮かべたユージオだった。
躊躇いなく剣を抜くユージオを、やむなく迎え撃つキリト。
旅立ちの日、遠い雷鳴に感じた戦いと別離の予兆は真実となってしまうのか。
キリトの必死な呼びかけは、記憶を封じられたユージオに届くのか。
最新第14巻『アリシゼーション・ユナイティング』は電撃文庫にて2014年4月10日発売――!
Or am I asking for too much, considering everything...?
My Username on the wiki is Rage!
Tap
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by Tap »

Spoiler! :
"Kirito... it's all, up to you now... Protect... the people... of this... world..."
The white tower, the 《Central Cathedral》, the emblem of the 《Axiom Church》.
Eugeo and Kirito run towards the cathedral's top floor where the highest minister, 《Administrator》, awaits, with their respective goals of returning Alice, who became an integrity knight, 《to her original self》, and of avoiding the destruction of the Underworld.
However, conciding, unforeseen incidents had led Kirito and Eugeo to be separated in their ascent.
While Kirito was thrown outside the tower, he formed a temporary union with Integrity Knight Alice and returned to the warfront, chasing after Eugeo who continued on within the tower.
And thus, they arrived at the ninety-ninth floor.
Appearing before Kirito and Alice was Eugeo, clad in integrity knight armor with a cold light in his eyes.
Eugeo, his sword drawn without hesitation, and Kirito, facing him recluctantly.
Would distant clap of thunder on the day they set off, that omen of conflict and separation, be realized?
Would Kirito's desperate cries reach Eugeo with his memories sealed away?
The new 14th volume, "Alicization Uniting", will be launched on 10th April, 2014, by Dengeki Bunko—!
arnaiyus
Astral Realm

Post by arnaiyus »

Thank you for your continued efforts, Tap!
Will you work on this volume from the shadows?
I kinda forgot what was your stance on future volumes following the licensing.
gn_x00
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

April? Nice to know the news

Anyway, any info if this will be the last book of Alicization?
Sacredus
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Sacredus »

While announcing Absolute Solitude (Zettai Naru Kodoku) release he said that there are no signs of either Accel World or Sword Art Online ending, so probably not. Here's the link for this news.
Ushwood
Asakura Ryoko Terminator

Post by Ushwood »

gn_x00 wrote: Anyway, any info if this will be the last book of Alicization?
End of vol.13 is in the almost exact middle of the web version of Alicization.
So I think we'll have about 5 more volumes.
TUSF
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TUSF »

Ushwood wrote:
Give or take a couple, seeing as most of Volume 10 is 90% new, and there was a chapter from the web-novel that wasn't included in the publication ("Chapter" being used loosely here.)
gn_x00
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by gn_x00 »

Ushwood wrote:
oh my... good to know about it
Drago1274
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: I like anything that has harem and action with a MC that is at least reasonably more likeable than the MC in Infinite Stratos .........................."Ichika"

Post by Drago1274 »

I know this LN is licensed by Yen Press however, does anyone have an idea where I may be able to purchase the English Translated volumes of this book electronically? I checked out Yen Press's website and I was not able to find any information on how to purchase this LN.
TUSF
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by TUSF »

Drago1274 wrote:I know this LN is licensed by Yen Press however, does anyone have an idea where I may be able to purchase the English Translated volumes of this book electronically? I checked out Yen Press's website and I was not able to find any information on how to purchase this LN.
You can pre-order the book on Amazon if you like. (It'll be out in a month)
SAimNE
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SAimNE »

this makes me question why publishers don't just try make a deal with the people who already translated what they were working on. quality on baka-tsuki is never really bad so at most they would have to do a moderate amount of editing and it'd be suitable for release, add on that everyone here translated it expecting nothing to come of it so i doubt they would be hard to convince to take a flat fee for work they already did. end result should be the publisher massively speeding up with way less cost that usual.

really cant imagine that it'd be hard to make a contract to smooth everything over into legality. so i'm surprised that they dont just accept the easy money possibilities and make use of the people who already did half their work for them o.o

(overall i'm glad they dont since all the content would have to be removed immediately, but i am still surprised.)

Return to “Sword Art Online & Accel World”